SFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Skye? They were going to be the next big thing about 5 years ago. Huge playing list, lots of depth and juniors and they seemed to have lost their way.

Thoughts on the Doveton eagles player being rubbed out for life? Similar to the ashwood fella from last year- I think you can’t complain if you have 16 weeks worth of priors, regardless of how long you’ve played for

According to the article, he was let of with a reprimand earlier in the year after being found guilty. Very unusual for a player with a rap sheet to get a reprimand. Perhaps it was the tribunal's way of saying this is your last roll of the dice. They wouldn't have been impressed to see him a few weeks later.

Thoughts on the Doveton eagles player being rubbed out for life? Similar to the ashwood fella from last year- I think you can’t complain if you have 16 weeks worth of priors, regardless of how long you’ve played for

I think 16 weeks over a 10 year period is fair. Once you play longer then it should be taken on a case by case situation.
Double or triple the penalty. If it is serious then suspend them for life.

According to the article, he was let of with a reprimand earlier in the year after being found guilty. Very unusual for a player with a rap sheet to get a reprimand. Perhaps it was the tribunal's way of saying this is your last roll of the dice. They wouldn't have been impressed to see him a few weeks later.

Well some people just never learn...Did the article mention his age?

I think 16 weeks over a 10 year period is fair. Once you play longer then it should be taken on a case by case situation.
Double or triple the penalty. If it is serious then suspend them for life.

Shouldn't matter if you have played for 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, if your a fair player you wouldn't be anywhere near the 16 week threshold. Unless you've played in the AFL (they are suspended for a lot less than what you would be sighted for at local level) ZERO concessions should be made.

Enjoy the extended chrissy break Graeske!!

Well some people just never learn...Did the article mention his age?

Yeah, he is 90!!! WTF has that got to do with it.

What these thugs don’t realise is they cannot hold ANY role in footy with major one being coaching. So if they want to have the pleasure of coaching their club or kid at junior level then bad luck. “Why can’t you coach me daddy.” “Ah, I was a thug when I played footy, knocking players out, abusing umpires etc etc....sorry about that son/daughter”. “ why you do that daddy or didn’t stop doing that daddy?.....?” “Uummm, just a stupid dumdass thug I suppose...”

Heaps of biff in clash of the demons (Springvale vs Chelsea Heights) Chelsea had no answers, Springvale were many classes above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee big win by Keysborough didn’t expect that both are really good sides and don’t think anyone has scored that heavily against Springvale for the last few seasons anyone see the game was there any reason for such a big win injuries or anything like that or did Keysborough just play that well

How about watch the match on GameFace you flog and make your own analysis

Thought it was a fair question to ask, especially as they didn’t see the game, but with a flog like you on here no wonder div 2 doesn’t get much analysis.

Look here is my analysis for you Footyqueen89, Districts pooed their panties! George getting sent off didn’t work, need more heart from players and umpires were excellent.

Thought it was a fair question to ask, especially as they didn’t see the game, but with a flog like you on here no wonder div 2 doesn’t get much analysis.

Look here is my analysis for you Footyqueen89, Districts pooed their panties! George getting sent off didn’t work, need more heart from players and umpires were excellent.
Thanks m8 for for that good to see someone can get on here and discuss it properly gee thought Springvale were pretty hard at it against us and George has been sent off In both games against us to Springvale have a really good defensive game plan well done to Keysborough obviously finding a way to counter it cheers

Thanks m8 for for that good to see someone can get on here and discuss it properly gee thought Springvale were pretty hard at it against us and George has been sent off In both games against us to Springvale have a really good defensive game plan well done to Keysborough obviously finding a way to counter it cheers
Big Buzz, just add “most likely” in front of my statements. Wasn’t there. And at the Doveton game that I went to, they were real hard at the footy that day, looked likely contenders, hard to see turning around a 17 goal margin even if they did play poorly on Saturday.

Big Buzz, just add “most likely” in front of my statements. Wasn’t there. And at the Doveton game that I went to, they were real hard at the footy that day, looked likely contenders, hard to see turning around a 17 goal margin even if they did play poorly on Saturday.
Yes they were against us and can happen but look what happened to us In the grand final wasn’t that much but it was a huge turn around by them and they were way better on the day with out a doubt but can see your point it’s going to be hard to turn it around especially when they played each other last round of the year and could be battling for a position in the top3 or wanting to rest players before a final cheers

Settle down Sedgy.

Referring to Chelsea Heights reporting 5 separate incidents (all tackles) to the SFNL. 1 player received 2 weeks, another received 1. All classified as sling tackles or rough conduct, other 2 had no case to answer. Umpires had no issues with them on the day, with a separate tackle resulting in a report.

The one that got reported was a bit stiff, considering the tackler was a ruckman and the guy being tackled is one of the smallest blokes in the league who was recovering from a broken jaw leading into the game........also interesting that the president is also related to said player who was involved in at least 3 of the tackles that were sent to the league for review.......The Murrumbeena player who was reported faced the tribunal and has been offered a reprimand and is free to play, which is fair considering no malice in that, nor malice in any of the other tackles.

I thought the idea of the MRP was to get off the ball incidents or things that the umpire might have missed to clean up the game. Tackles were within the game and right in view of the umpires who had no issues with them. We've got them last round, will be making sure we stay well away from any contest as could miss finals if they pull that s#@t again

Disgusting by them.

Been a little bit quiet on here - I'm hearing rumours that a few of the Doveton Eagles boys are disgruntled after not being paid for a number of weeks...
Been a little bit quiet on here - I'm hearing rumours that a few of the Doveton Eagles boys are disgruntled after not being paid for a number of weeks...
Really haven’t heard anything like that as it’s does happen sometimes when you have a few away games and not much $ coming in and couldn’t be to many as half the side has been missing a fair few games lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back