SFA pets

Remove this Banner Ad

No shame only love. Getting a little chunky myself so I'm in no position to judge.
He would rather stand by you waiting for pats than play chasey with Rusty

Our cat went walkabout for about 36 hours hadn't seen him since mid sunday arvo.

4am this morning comes waltzing through his cat flap jumps on the bed and attacks me like I had done something wrong. Cats are arseholes in every sense of the word.

Our cat went walkabout for about 36 hours hadn't seen him since mid sunday arvo.

4am this morning comes waltzing through his cat flap jumps on the bed and attacks me like I had done something wrong. Cats are arseholes in every sense of the word.
One of mine - Milan did a 36 hour AWOL over the weekend and came home slightly hungry but no big deal - this was after I called him multiple
times over 6 - 8 hours. Then my other one - Django - wakes me up this morning letting a live pigeon go in the bedroom at 6AM to wake me up.

One of mine - Milan did a 36 hour AWOL over the weekend and came home slightly hungry but no big deal - this was after I called him multiple
times over 6 - 8 hours. Then my other one - Django - wakes me up this morning letting a live pigeon go in the bedroom at 6AM to wake me up.
Saturday night mine brought a live bat in. Unsure where the * he managed to find one I haven't seen any bats around home ever but then proceeded to go AWOL. Wife thought the bat ****ed him up and he curled up somewhere until I reassured her bats here don't have diseases like that here.

Saturday night mine brought a live bat in. Unsure where the * he managed to find one I haven't seen any bats around home ever but then proceeded to go AWOL. Wife thought the bat ****ed him up and he curled up somewhere until I reassured her bats here don't have diseases like that here.
So you lied.

I played rugby with a Welshman once who finished up at the club and was returning to the UK. He asked if I could ‘look after’ his two cats who weren’t going to make the journey with him.

He dropped both cats off after training one night and after much crying from his daughter I had two new cats. One of them (the bigger one) really hated me for all that had befallen him, and was almost feral.

He was super aggressive, preferred to sleep in a garden (often the neighbours), would be covered in twigs and leaves whenever he came inside, would accompany the dog and I for walks, would jump in the car to go for rides, preferred to catch his own food, and would defend the house from sunset to sunrise.

12 months later I had to shift house. To the next suburb across. On the second day he just disappeared. I drove around for weeks looking for him.

6 months later I went back to the old house parked my car in the old driveway (without notice or knowing who lived there) and started calling out to Oscar, and he just trotted out of the neighbours hedge, jumped in the car like nothing had happened, bit me in that semi affectionate way that cats do while whipping their tail so much as to say “just do your job and drive Chalmers”.

Oscar lived for another 20 years. Remarkable for a cat. The Welshman moved back to Australia but declined to take his cats back, when prodded.

Oscar never ran away from home again.

376ace0fe8971bd4b25960a4cd6292fc.jpg

0bcaa7012ef18d67998a6d9c2fdf3863.jpg

I played rugby with a Welshman once who finished up at the club and was returning to the UK. He asked if I could ‘look after’ his two cats who weren’t going to make the journey with him.

He dropped both cats off after training one night and after much crying from his daughter I had two new cats. One of them (the bigger one) really hated me for all that had befallen him, and was almost feral.

He was super aggressive, preferred to sleep in a garden (often the neighbours), would be covered in twigs and leaves whenever he came inside, would accompany the dog and I for walks, would jump in the car to go for rides, preferred to catch his own food, and would defend the house from sunset to sunrise.

12 months later I had to shift house. To the next suburb across. On the second day he just disappeared. I drove around for weeks looking for him.

6 months later I went back to the old house parked my car in the old driveway (without notice or knowing who lived there) and started calling out to Oscar, and he just trotted out of the neighbours hedge, jumped in the car like nothing had happened, bit me in that semi affectionate way that cats do while whipping their tail so much as to say “just do your job and drive Chalmers”.

Oscar lived for another 20 years. Remarkable for a cat. The Welshman moved back to Australia but declined to take his cats back, when prodded.

Oscar never ran away from home again.

376ace0fe8971bd4b25960a4cd6292fc.jpg

0bcaa7012ef18d67998a6d9c2fdf3863.jpg
Arseholes but somewhat intelligent affectionate arseholes.

F**king a-hole. Meanwhile had already moved in with the Jones’s up the street. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All that sleeping does wear them out.

We had a brown burmese who could sleep for 23 hours a day.
They live a mostly, pretty chilled out life. In their spare time they can do weird stuff though.
Django, the brown one is into very controlling behaviour - over me. They get fed some wet
food in the morning, which they usually eat. Then at around 10am and every couple of hours
after that, Django will sit in the kitchen, in front of his dry food / kibble / cat chocks bowl and he'll
just meow his head off until I come in and put some dry food into the bowl. This is regardless
of whether of not there are any in there or not. He just wants me to do this. Then he shuts up.

Last edited:
This is our senior lady, Poppy. She is 15 next month and lives with my folks in Perth to enjoy a quiet retirement away from 3 young (and loud) kids.
She said goodbye to her brother Pokey (who was also her littermate) a few days ago. We don't think she knows he's gone because they both are mostly blind and dead (edit: deaf! Omg...). 😢
Give your pups an extra big cuddle today!

1694225122037.png

Last edited:
Not a pet but 6 years after building on this property I’ve finally managed to attract superb fairy wrens to it

View attachment 1797851
That guy is very brave! Our pair of these guys are curious but keep their distance.

Having native birds come onto your property is such a lucky experience.

That guy is very brave! Our pair of these guys are curious but keep their distance.

We built on 30 acres and we have some remnant mallee so there was already some bird life in there such as mallee ringnecks , pardalotes , galahs, black kites, crows and willy wagtails. Since I’ve planted more flowering eucalyptus and other natives we have attracted new holland honey eaters, robins, wattle birds and now the fairy wrens.

We built on 30 acres and we have some remnant mallee so there was already some bird life in there such as mallee ringnecks , pardalotes , galahs, black kites, crows and willy wagtails. Since I’ve planted more flowering eucalyptus and other natives we have attracted new holland honey eaters, robins, wattle birds and now the fairy wrens.
What binoculars are you rocking?

I have a small thing with magpies 🤣
They love frozen grated cheese and it’s good for them ❤️

Attachments

• C2A42D6F-2506-443D-B301-12D8888FA981.jpeg
    C2A42D6F-2506-443D-B301-12D8888FA981.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back