Minecraft Server Setup

Remove this Banner Ad

• Admin
I can enable flying and creative, sure.

I'd probably set up the village in MCEdit on my machine, putting in the wizards tower as spawn etc, then we can set up a more varied town once you pass through that.

I think one of the benefits of having a town is to give people ideas of different types of buildings they can do, what they can use different blocks for and so on.

After that the server will be straight SMP, with a PVP-enabled area for people who are into that.

• Admin
No need for flying imo, if we are clever we will have a rail way system :p

My only request is have a building at the spawn with 4 exits (North, South, East, West,to use as a guide to get back to my house :p) and the ability to /teleport back to that place. (It can be close to the central hub I guess)

No need for flying imo, if we are clever we will have a rail way system :p

My only request is have a building at the spawn with 4 exits (North, South, East, West,to use as a guide to get back to my house :p) and the ability to /teleport back to that place. (It can be close to the central hub I guess)

I reckon that rather than allowing people to teleport (perhaps with the exception of /spawn and allowing people who pay to use /sethome and /home), people use work to get Obsidian and build Nether portals.

On other servers I get around more quickly by having a Nether portal in places I want to be and have one in the appropriate coordinates in the Nether.

As the Nether is 1/8 the size of the real world, you travel there and move to where you want and travel back in 1/8 of the time. You can still build railways in the nether too so perhaps we could set up a railway station there and link the stops out to portals in the main world

• Admin
The editing and unlimited resources type mods would be available for building the initial town then I'd turn them off. We want to see what people can create in a survival environment.

i looks cool, letting me do what I want to in regards to having a PVP area, protected area. I think it even lets you have health regeneration areas, so you can /spawn and go to a hospital.

Teleporting I'd have /spawn and /home with /sethome. This fixes a few things like, as has been said, getting stuck in a hole on someone else's land and not being able to dig your way out.

Ah my little house I created out of Dirt was destroyed :( :p

All I want is no-griefing tools, no flying after we've got up the initial village.

Build a huge minecart system to get around :D.

I've set up the initial village, which now needs some work to tidy up the chunks I cut out of cliffs when I imported the buildings. Couple of them have doors on the wrong side so I need to rotate them.

Then I will install the mods - bukkit, izone and iconomy I think.

Then I will whitelist a few people to tidy the village, get the main town built and work out some zones.

THEN it will be ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief, how have you designed it in regards to lighting? We wouldn't want creepers running around blowing up the spawn like it's another one of EBIAC's houses.

I'll set it to peaceful while we're building, then protect it from explosions and breakage once we're live.

Anyone got a picture of it so far ?

Appreciate all the guys who have helped get this up and running especially Chief.

I did actually nearly burn one of the houses down today.

I repaired it but we'll keep the whitelist to a minimum until I can protect the village from accidents.

Mods:

From what I can gather hmod and Craftbukkit are different things, and iconomy uses hmod.

EDIT: I'm wrong: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-iconomy-6-0-7-celty-1-8-1.40/

Craftbukkit is the only one I3D supports so I'm having that installed and then I'll be able to install new mods within that.

Craftbukkit plugins list: http://plugins.bukkit.org/#ti=&ta=all&au=&subm=false&pno=0

I'm not sure which are the most widely used ones so I'll scout around.

WorldEdit, WorldGuard and iconomy. Plus one that stops dodgy obsidian generators. Couple of others there that look interesting.

CartJump anyone? http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-fix-cartjump-v2-0-allows-minecarts-to-jump-1240.32959/

The Town:

In order to get us moving I will set the limits of the town, the protected areas, the economy etc, then while we're building the town I'll let people in. The town is not vital to the game, just an interesting feature that might give people some ideas on what they might build once they have gotten resources together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back