Senior Women's

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough gig. A lot of girls left and went to Abers.... and Abers pick and choose when to play girls in prem or div 1 completely screwing the comp. What they have done sucks

Believe they poached a lot of players from PV. Not ideal but they don’t have a cap or points system do they?

I heard a bit more about the Paco girls leaving and apparently they weren't happy with the coach and also not happy that they weren't invited to some club events and just in general were not happy about the clubs approach to senior women's football.

Abers dropping women from Premier to Div 1 again to get a win. When are the league going to put a stop to this. Making a complete joke of the competition

Abers dropping women from Premier to Div 1 again to get a win. When are the league going to put a stop to this. Making a complete joke of the competition
They've done this all season. It's ridiculous. Another related fact, did you know there's no salary cap in the women's? Just in case you were wondering how Abers got all these players

They've done this all season. It's ridiculous. Another related fact, did you know there's no salary cap in the women's? Just in case you were wondering how Abers got all these players
If True, paying women to play footy is disturbing

If True, paying women to play footy is disturbing
Why? If men can get paid at this level why can't women? the only real problem here is that not every club can afford to, and that there's no restrictions on how much the rich clubs can fork out.

I think you will find that the salary cap applies to all monies spent on the football department regardless if it is male or female. Due to the infancy of women's football at the time, it was put forward by the club's to only apply it to male football. It will apply to total football spend very soon.

I heard a bit more about the Paco girls leaving and apparently they weren't happy with the coach and also not happy that they weren't invited to some club events and just in general were not happy about the clubs approach to senior women's football.
An internal relationship within the Pascoe Vale female football broke down and fractured the whole female operation.

I'll put my house on Abers dropping girls from Premier next week to Div 1 given they can almost knock us out of finals and it stinks. No club should be allowed 2 teams at this early stage of the competition. Those girls should be playing at other clubs struggling for numbers instead of allowing one club to play finals in both divisions

Last edited:
5 premier players from Abers dropped to Div 1 this week making a joke of the comp again. Glad they got smacked up. They will do the same next week against us in the Friday night game to try to knock us out v if finals. Absolute joke

5 premier players from Abers dropped to Div 1 this week making a joke of the comp again. Glad they got smacked up. They will do the same next week against us in the Friday night game to try to knock us out v if finals. Absolute joke
There was only 4.
So without those 4 girls playing they have 17. So you would rather a team play with 17 players then allow them to play 4 players from the premier division when they have no game on.

There was only 4.
So without those 4 girls playing they have 17. So you would rather a team play with 17 players then allow them to play 4 players from the premier division when they have no game on.
Could have dropped lesser known players... but chose to play the best player in the premier comp down in Div 1.... yeah cool story bro. Only playing selected players down in Div 1 to get the win and you know it. If you don't have enough players then forfeit like other clubs have to. Don't make a joke of the comp. Glad they couldn't get the win. Well done KP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have dropped lesser known players... but chose to play the best player in the premier comp down in Div 1.... yeah cool story bro. Only playing selected players down in Div 1 to get the win and you know it. If you don't have enough players then forfeit like other clubs have to. Don't make a joke of the comp. Glad they couldn't get the win. Well done KP
Explain how they making the comp a joke. They played 4 players from the 1st team and still didn’t manage the win which means that it’s a strong competition.
Plus if you look at the stats for the year couple of those girls have played 3 or 4 games in the second team so maybe they just love playing footy and want to play every week they can.
Can’t wait till the knock you off Friday night and you come on here a sook again. I hope they drop afew more this week so they knock your s**t club out of finals

Explain how they making the comp a joke. They played 4 players from the 1st team and still didn’t manage the win which means that it’s a strong competition.
Plus if you look at the stats for the year couple of those girls have played 3 or 4 games in the second team so maybe they just love playing footy and want to play every week they can.
Can’t wait till the knock you off Friday night and you come on here a sook again. I hope they drop afew more this week so they knock your s**t club out of finals
Yeah... really playing within the spirit of the game. Typical from a club that breaks the salary cap but keeps a flag. Jog on. Can't win without the guns from Premier playing for them. If they make finals they will have the crap kicked out of them because the premier girls won't be able to help out.

This aged well..
Says a lot to pot shot a club on this calling them pooo

Yeah... I'll just leave this here for you.

Well done Abers on playing the girls that are part of the Div 1 side and playing it the right way.

So much for them knocking our sh*t club out of finals though

Can you believe the venue for the showpiece for finals football in edfl women’s football that the FINALS are played at Ormond Park. I’m not knocking Ormond Park itself but more the state of the ground. Surely there are better surfaces going around at the moment. I’d encourage all 4 sides fixtured to play there this weekend to inspect immediately then contact the league and ask for the games to be relocated, or at least plan to play the game in boggy conditions. Good luck all.👍

Can you believe the venue for the showpiece for finals football in edfl women’s football that the FINALS are played at Ormond Park. I’m not knocking Ormond Park itself but more the state of the ground. Surely there are better surfaces going around at the moment. I’d encourage all 4 sides fixtured to play there this weekend to inspect immediately then contact the league and ask for the games to be relocated, or at least plan to play the game in boggy conditions. Good luck all.
I also saw that Hansen Reserve had finals. Like you, no disrespect to Airport West but I was there last week and the grass was ridiculously long on one pocket and the cricket pitch was exposed. I thought synthetic pitches had to be covered. The umpire in a junior game refused to use the centre because of the pitch and moved to square out. Am I wrong in believing pitches need to be covered??

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you believe the venue for the showpiece for finals football in edfl women’s football that the FINALS are played at Ormond Park. I’m not knocking Ormond Park itself but more the state of the ground. Surely there are better surfaces going around at the moment. I’d encourage all 4 sides fixtured to play there this weekend to inspect immediately then contact the league and ask for the games to be relocated, or at least plan to play the game in boggy conditions. Good luck all.👍

They are being played at Leo Dineen, not Ormond 🤦🏼‍♂️

I also saw that Hansen Reserve had finals. Like you, no disrespect to Airport West but I was there last week and the grass was ridiculously long on one pocket and the cricket pitch was exposed. I thought synthetic pitches had to be covered. The umpire in a junior game refused to use the centre because of the pitch and moved to square out. Am I wrong in believing pitches need to be covered??

Is it an all weather pitch at Hansen Reserve and if so they don’t get covered. It’s the new all year round synthetic they have been using over past years. From memory it’s always been uncovered like that.
Usually Hansen Reserve is not a bad ground and I would prefer to play there than the other 2 grounds mentioned. Good facilities as well..

Agree the facilities are great with plenty of change rooms but the condition of the playing surface was ordinary at best on Sunday morning. Always like going there as a junior parent because its a good club, the council just need to look after the ground.

Interesting that even the umpire didn't want to use the wicket area either though. He thought it was dangerous for kids to be tackled on
Is it an all weather pitch at Hansen Reserve and if so they don’t get covered. It’s the new all year round synthetic they have been using over past years. From memory it’s always been uncovered like that.
Usually Hansen Reserve is not a bad ground and I would prefer to play there than the other 2 grounds mentioned. Good facilities as well..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back