Senior spots?

Remove this Banner Ad

CHF

Senior List
Dec 21, 2000
Melbourne, VIC
I think there are alot of spots up for grabs next year in the seniors.

Who out of the following list do you think is going to take one? And in what position?

Rocca
Oleranshaw
Sinclair
Mclaren
Makepeace
Watt
Cochrane
Lange
Rawlings
Lasscock
D.Motlop
D.Smith
Harris
L.Smith
Jones
Spaull

------------------
Cup_Half_Full

Rocca - Full forward (where else ??)
Oleranshaw - medical rooms.
Sinclair - bench
Mclaren - bench
Makepeace - VFL
Watt - VFL
Cochrane - VFL
Lange - Anywhere so long as he gets a fair go.
Rawlings - VFL
Lasscock - VFL
D.Motlop - Don't know him - can't comment.
D.Smith - Don't know him - can't comment.
Harris - Don't know him - can't comment.
L.Smith - Don't know him - can't comment.
Jones - Don't know him - can't comment.
Spaull - VFL

There that wasn't hard.
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

I think you are a bit to early with this one.We can only go on form this season and hope for improvement.
I would approach the selection process differently by assessing our top 24 players as
Carey,King,McKernan,Colbert,Archer,Pickett,
Harvey,Blakey,McCartney,Stevens,Martyn,
Burton,Abraham,Grant,Simpson,McLaren,S.Motlop,Sinclair,Rawlings,Rocca,Lange,Makepeace,
Clayton,Cochrane.

Then look at the other 14 position to position.
Thus L.Smith and Petrie as ruckmen would only make it by replacing either McKernan or Burton.
If Colbert plays up forward I would see Lange and Rocca vying for full forward.

The new younger players are classified as midfielders and their immediate prospects are to show a bit more than Clayton,Cochrane,
Rawlings and Sinclair.

I cant see Spaull,Watt,Lassock or Woodley getting beyond VFL on this years form, but we can only hope for a rapid improvement.

Olarenshaw -> any "position" lol
grrrrhhhh he will not be in the medical rooms!
tongue.gif
ay is he really gettin number 47 again youz better not be sh!ttin me coz i bought a 47 for me Roo guernsey already!

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

Warrior,
Not to disagree with your logic, because I think your approach makes sense, but if Rawlings, Makepeace & Cochrane are in our best 24, then we are in some serious shit. That's not to mention McKernan of course.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Olarenshaw and Calthorpe are something else.
A video in Pagans mind that should have been erased years ago!

Warrior

CIK
I think we are in some serious shit with the list which has little depth.
Our anticipated saviours are the draftees
D.Smith,D.Motlop,Harris,Jones,Petrie and Pratt.However it is a big ask to expect them to walk straight into the senior side!

Warrior

5 new payers

Rocca; leading F/Fwd Paga will get the best out of him, hopefully will attracy defenders and free the Duck up in the goalsquare.

Sinclair Midfield Was a very good player at a terrible team. Will be very good when surrounded by top class experienced players.

McClaren Midfield Will only be as good as the gameplan. Need to free him up as much as possible, not effective in heavy traffic.

Dylan Smith Fwd pocket Till he gets used to the pace then will go straight onto the ball. Will be a champ!!!

Lange: CHF Shoul;d play like Spalding did for Carlton in 95, do the heavy stuff and can kick a goal from 55.

New recruits: Stevens, Colbert , S Motlop. Need the backline to be settled ie. keep Martyn and Archer injury free is the key.

Maybe Pickett will play up the ground this year!!

Will play Essendon in the GF, team with best run of injuries during the finals will win. Have a look at the other lists and they are very ordinary. Us and Essendon stand out.

Skills, skills, skills....do the likes of Daniel Motlop, Dylan Smith, and Harris have it? Can Sinclair, McLaren, and Olarenshaw reach their potential? Will Shannon Motlop, Rawlings, and Lasscock prove that our recruting people were right in the last couple of years?

Early in 2000, Pagan said that North could not play a possession and passing game to match the likes of Essendon and Melbourne simply because our players didn't have the hand and foot delivery skills of those clubs (and for that matter, the pace either). But if these new players are able to pinpoint passes, then suddenly, Pagan has some new tactical options while the likes of Simpson and Clayton have to either consider new career choices OR learn how to pass the ball onto the chest of their teammates.

In the last few seasons, when North were in trouble, Pagan would bring in his proven and reliable players...Sholl, Capuano, Scott, etc. But now those options are no longer there, so there's the chance for some of these new players to cement a place in the team. He also has a few new assistant coaches, so we should see a new tactical approach.

For the time being, you could say that Carey, Colbert, Martyn, McCartney, Stevens, Archer, Blakey, Abraham, Pickett, Harvey, McKernan, and King are first choice selections. That leaves ten places up for grabs with probably Simpson, Grant, Burton, Clayton, Lange, Motlop, and Makepeace at the top of the queue......but still with enough chances for a few players to make a name for themselves in our side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back