Rumour Selwood - Hand Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard from a very reliable source that our fearless leader is currenly nursing a hand injury.

I immediatley asked 'broken' and got the response 'what do you think'.

Take from it what you will, I hope it's BS but thought it may be worth mentioning.

Have heard from a very reliable source that our fearless leader is currenly nursing a hand injury.

Take from it what you will, I hope it's BS but thought it may be worth mentioning.
If it's anything like the Q9 Injury of last week he's in for a ripper against North.

if true, broken hands are a shocker as we seen in the league.

Take months to get over and can really impact a players form, if it's all genuine, sure as hell hope the medical staff don't resort to jabbing him because he needs as much time to heal as possible, even if it means a risk of losing matches because of his absence.
Better to go safe than have this shit trouble him all season long.

if true, broken hands are a shocker as we seen in the league.

Take months to get over and can really impact a players form, if it's all genuine, sure as hell hope the medical staff don't resort to jabbing him because he needs as much time to heal as possible, even if it means a risk of losing matches because of his absence.
Better to go safe than have this shit trouble him all season long.

He will probably play with the injury...
He did in the 2011 GF..

if indeed true.. he has 3 weeks to rest it....

Wont need to lose any conditioning bc he can stil run, do kicking drills etc.....

Just lay off the handballs, tackling and weights a bit.... oh wait... it IS Selsy we are talking about.....

Go Catters

Thought he did something to the hand during 2011 final against Hawks(when he got bumpd by Gibson near boundary) and redid something to it in home and away last year and yep -just plays with it. He will be fine, but did notice his hands weren't quite as clean sometimes last year- ball could sort of fall out of his hands. Didn't stop him much though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds to me a perfect scenario. Rest for 3 weeks , jab,jab,jab for R1 , (drop any Hawk thats gets in his face like a hot egg) and then rest it for the next 4. WIN/WIN

Seriously , Geelong should not play him to he is right. Id rather get done playing and trusting kids than have him play hurt all year starting R1. For mine , you recruit the kids, you put the time into them , so then you should trust them. Tell someone like Schroder that he has 4 quarters , go show us what you can do. Introduce another kid to the best rivalry in the AFL.

Sounds to me a perfect scenario. Rest for 3 weeks , jab,jab,jab for R1 , (drop any Hawk thats gets in his face like a hot egg) and then rest it for the next 4. WIN/WIN

Seriously , Geelong should not play him to he is right. Id rather get done playing and trusting kids than have him play hurt all year starting R1. For mine , you recruit the kids, you put the time into them , so then you should trust them. Tell someone like Schroder that he has 4 quarters , go show us what you can do. Introduce another kid to the best rivalry in the AFL.
Agree, but would not choose Schroder.
Someone like Stringer would seem more appropriate, or Cowan - assuming that George and Caddy are already in the 22.

Did Brent Guerra get his head in the way again??

He really needs to be more careful.

Before people start ruling a line through Selwood, I'd love to know what the strike rate is on these sort of threads are. A rumours sub-board wouldn't be bad for this kind of stuff.
There is a rumours board under the main board.

We have a prefix for Geelong issues.

You can search old 'rumours' prefixes by clicking on the prefix tab.

Agree, but would not choose Schroder.
Someone like Stringer would seem more appropriate, or Cowan - assuming that George and Caddy are already in the 22.

Stringer just seems to slip my mind , not sure why. Not sure I think of them both in the same light Stringer to my mind is more a 'cut and carry' , where as Schroder will get "in and under" but Stringer has shown he can play at the level. Yes Stringer would be good.

Look i have not seen Joel down at the Highton shops so i cant confirm any form of injury or him being in the company of a pimp also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back