Society & Culture Seinfeld

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone think Jerry Stiller was as good in King of Queens? He played basically the same character yet had nobody good to bounce off of in my opinion. Kevin James was kinda 'meh'.

Seinfeld was definitely an ensemble act by comparison. Every character ended up being rolled gold and they all bounced.

I think Frank Costanza and Arthur Spooner are pretty different characters. I enjoyed him in KoQ more simply because he was much more an important part of the show, though certainly not as iconic as Frank.

I think Frank Costanza and Arthur Spooner are pretty different characters. I enjoyed him in KoQ more simply because he was much more an important part of the show, though certainly not as iconic as Frank.

Yeah, fair enough. I've only seen a few KOQ episodes as they were running on 10 Peach really early in the morning. It never really grabbed me the way Seinfeld did - it's a different kind of humour I guess.

I have seen every episode of both shows and I'd have Frank comfortably better of Arthur as a character.

As someone said before Frank was iconic.

Yeah, can't complain. Coming out of lockdown, summer's nearly here. Things aren't looking too bad!! :)

And the GF loss seems like just a little blip way back in the past.. yeah its much better. Could you imagine if the lockdown happened over summer-would have been so much worse

And the GF loss seems like just a little blip way back in the past.. yeah its much better. Could you imagine if the lockdown happened over summer-would have been so much worse

I know. With winter's cold rainy aggro it's easier to rationalise staying indoors. Nobody wants to be locked down when its thirty degrees outside! And yeah, the GF. In my head 2020 will become a 'disappeared year' much like that one between 2007 and 2009 that is rumoured to exist in more distant realities...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would an Aussie version of Seinfeld work? with all the slang and Strayan first world problems?

Too many people would get offended. They would see the Kramer blackface scene for example (You told me you was bringin a white boy home) and rather than realising that it is actually a commentary ON racism they'd probably see it as racism.

Nevermind that there's bugger all genuinely funny people in Australian entertainment anyway

About time this thread was bumped for the first time this year.

I watched this episode again last night, one of the great Seinfeld episodes.

It also contained this great scene with George and Kramer.

Followed by this great scene with George losing his s**t in the wrong movie theatre.

My favourite tourist site in New York wasn't the Empire State Building, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Harlem, Little Italy or SoHo.

It was the Seinfeld Diner.

That was my Mecca.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Too many people would get offended. They would see the Kramer blackface scene for example (You told me you was bringin a white boy home) and rather than realising that it is actually a commentary ON racism they'd probably see it as racism.

Nevermind that there's bugger all genuinely funny people in Australian entertainment anyway
What would the cast end up being?

Probably Charlie Pickering as Seinfeld, Kitty Flanagan as Elaine, Dave Hughes as Kramer, Peter Helliar as George.

:sick::sick::sick:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back