AFLW Season 7 Round 9 v Essendon, 5:10pm Sunday 23/10 @Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week, another big win against the Suns. We're really hitting our stride at the moment, albeit against mediocre opposition. Still, we've previously struggled to put sides to the sword like we have recently which has been fun.
The Bombers this week should be another relatively straightforward game. They've shown some decent signs in their first year but are pretty hot or cold.
Only possible concern for me is injuries. From training pics Duffy looked to be in a moonboot so may miss. Hopefully Sheriff, Goldy and Gay are right to go. LPearce will be out of concussion protocols but don't mind if we give Caris another go.

Also there's a charity auction of the pride guernseys raising money for Reach: All Auction | Title | Demon Shop Auctions

After a great win hopefully we keep the foot down. Should be interesting what the Casey weather dishes up on Sunday. A shame the game is at 5:10 but happy with next weeks timeslot.

After a great win hopefully we keep the foot down. Should be interesting what the Casey weather dishes up on Sunday. A shame the game is at 5:10 but happy with next weeks timeslot.
Yeah the late Sunday game at Casey seems like a s**t slot (albeit I'm not from Melbourne so can't go anyway).
Hopefully a decent crowd and decent weather for it

IGPOST2.png

Team for tomorrow. Goldy, Sheriff and LPearce in for Caris, Duffy and Brown.

I can take her cheesy premeditated one-liners if she at least gets player's names right but that seems too much for her most of the time.
A couple of times she has even got the teams mixed up . It's not that hard.It's a typical slog with a crosswind playing its part .

Despite the media crap , i think the lions are the favorites this season . We are in a great position to challenge , but we may have to go at them up there . Our loss to them may return to be the final straw to beating them .

Yeah it's looking like another solid season with having to win away against a team slightly better in the finals. There's always one loss that kills our season and that loss to the Lions looks to be it. Lions look too good just like Crows last few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree the Lions are faves for the flag, but don't think they're as invincible as Adelaide seemed last year.
We genuinely controlled decent stretches of the game but couldn't put it all on the scoreboard, and coughed up a few soft goals out the back which hurt us. Both games v Adelaide last year it always felt like we scored against the play, never really had momentum except in junk time.
I guess I'm cautiously optimistic we could pull off an upset against Brisbane, even up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back