Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 13 - Dragons FFC v Coney Island Warriors at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from Ljp86's Lair. This week we see the Dragons host the Coney Island Warriors in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of simulated football. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from Ljp86's Lair.

Sweet, I give to you…

1713830681686.png

Ljp86’s Lair is on Beldribilin, which is a fancy name for Dragon Island. They have an imaginary fire-breathing dinosaur thing as a mascot, so it stands to reason that the signature qooty scran is the Dragon Burger. It comes in a Single Dragon (CM12.95) and a Double Dragon (CM21.95) option that has a kick to it, but today I’ve gone with the Single Dragon as I don’t want to put my colon through twice the dinosaur meat. That’s right, dinosaur meat.

1713831057657.png

Originally an outlet of the Jones’ Good Ass BBQ & Foot Massage franchise, the scran shack at Ljp86’s Lair replaced the deep fryer in the previous off season with a flame griller that they bought from the East Siders when they stopped burning birds. It is activated by the number of dragon gifs posted by the home team, with the idea being that this would replicate the breath of their imaginary mascot. Good for match thread activity numbers, bad for qooty scran (and our retinas).

Here's the Single Dragon Burger:

1713831136462.png

And like several other qooty grounds in Sweet they also have a pizza option (CM20). Same result.

1713831179629.png

Finally there’s a sausage roll option (CM12.95, 13.50 with sauce and you REALLY need sauce):

1713831246170.png

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating:

1713831283603.png

Regarding the qooty, the Dragons are 9th on the ladder with a record of 5 & 6 and the Warriors are 11th on the ladder with a record of 4 & 7, however the Dragons have won pretty much every match between these teams in 84 years so no reason why that will change – Dragons by 21.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] Greenery Purple Jesus Bonz (really watch out for this campaigner he’s a menace) pantskyle Piggy Smalls & The Filth Wizard.

Captains please do the needful before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1 (because someone is watching, always they're watching).

Bon Appétit, friends!​

SHUT IT DOWN

SHUT IT DOWN

IT'S OVER!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from Ljp86's Lair. This week we see the Dragons host the Coney Island Warriors in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of simulated football. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from Ljp86's Lair.

Sweet, I give to you…

View attachment 1967920

Ljp86’s Lair is on Beldribilin, which is a fancy name for Dragon Island. They have an imaginary fire-breathing dinosaur thing as a mascot, so it stands to reason that the signature qooty scran is the Dragon Burger. It comes in a Single Dragon (CM12.95) and a Double Dragon (CM21.95) option that has a kick to it, but today I’ve gone with the Single Dragon as I don’t want to put my colon through twice the dinosaur meat. That’s right, dinosaur meat.

View attachment 1967933

Originally an outlet of the Jones’ Good Ass BBQ & Foot Massage franchise, the scran shack at Ljp86’s Lair replaced the deep fryer in the previous off season with a flame griller that they bought from the East Siders when they stopped burning birds. It is activated by the number of dragon gifs posted by the home team, with the idea being that this would replicate the breath of their imaginary mascot. Good for match thread activity numbers, bad for qooty scran (and our retinas).

Here's the Single Dragon Burger:

View attachment 1967934

And like several other qooty grounds in Sweet they also have a pizza option (CM20). Same result.

View attachment 1967935

Finally there’s a sausage roll option (CM12.95, 13.50 with sauce and you REALLY need sauce):

View attachment 1967937

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating:

View attachment 1967938

Regarding the qooty, the Dragons are 9th on the ladder with a record of 5 & 6 and the Warriors are 11th on the ladder with a record of 4 & 7, however the Dragons have won pretty much every match between these teams in 84 years so no reason why that will change – Dragons by 21.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] Greenery Purple Jesus Bonz (really watch out for this campaigner he’s a menace) pantskyle Piggy Smalls & The Filth Wizard.

Captains please do the needful before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1 (because someone is watching, always they're watching).

Bon Appétit, friends!​
Well if you don't like what my staff prepared, then...look, I'm just glad you're not the health inspector.

We may or may not have had an infestation of tapeworms in the kitchen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back