SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd suggest a quick look at the transfer list is what they've done. Spoke to a few of their boys at the EFL last week and they said they had only lost a couple of senior players. Just weren't sure on the availability of a couple of boys at Eastern.

Tom Kelly Mirboo North
Christian Toy Echuca
Kane McDonald Powelltown

These three also departing looking at the board.
I think the burras will be better off without that Tom Kelly bloke!

Nameless and Faceless Bigfooty posters LOL

Interesting that they delete all the negative posts on their FB page which makes the "no more negative posts" look pretty silly

Pretty sure most here on BF have in a nutshell said .............

They brought in a group of players who they paid overs
Won 2 Flags but didnt move up a division
Said players up and left
Club now struggling for numbers

Not sure what that has to do with fancy new clubrooms

Love the post "All clubs go through tough times"

Did winning the flags help them ? Genuine Question

Last edited:
Nameless and Faceless Bigfooty posters LOL

Interesting that they delete all the negative posts on their FB page which makes the "no more negative posts" look pretty silly

Pretty sure most here on BF have in a nutshell said .............

They brought in a group of players who they paid overs
Won 2 Flags but didnt move up a division
Said players up and left
Club now struggling for numbers

Not sure what that has to do with fancy new clubrooms

Love the post "All clubs go through tough times"

Did winning the flags help them ? Genuine Question

get where your coming from same happened to junction, won a flag then turned into a rabble it happens to most clubs

It seems most D1 sides are having trouble with new H/Q system but it is only early Friday.But Poweltown well done,1sts and reserves sides named.
Exactly big effort by us.
With all the talk about us not fielding a team junction should be very worried about tomorrow with all the big recruits they have got in the off season.

There was nothing wrong with the league, it was fantastic and fair. Having Powelltown and Narre in the same comp was idiotic. Everyone knew it but pencil pushers pushed it through.

Now its a complete mess that needs to be sorted out.
I agree but pretty sure Powelltown were in the original YVFL/YVMFL.

I have a feeling the young talent might be found out against Seville - they look like the team to beat.

Definitely will, it happend last year against Powelltown, Good to see young Humphrey up and running, showing some real promise unlike his old man who was a good 2s player at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive effort Powelltown! Even to win the 2s match today…..when a team didn’t look possible only a few weeks ago!
I for one didn’t like the way they went about winning their last 2 flags, but definitely don’t want to see a club go under….and to see their fight today, would be almost as rewarding as the last 2 flags.

Upwey beat monbulk by 22ish
Olinda flogged emerald
Woori over whoever they played by 3-4 goals
Gembrook over Berwick springs by 10
Score from memory when I looked last before website went down.

Upwey by 22 over Monbulk
Olinda by 58 over Emerald
Woori by 35 over Officer
Gembrook by 8 over Berwick Springs

Junction by 41 over Powelltown
Alex by 76 over Yea
Warby by 17 over Seville
Belgrave by 109 over Yarra Glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 players on the ground, a win in the reserves, decent performance in the seniors.

Incredible performance by Powelltown after being left in the state they were last season.
So where are the posters who kept posting this negative stuff on Big Footy about this club.Personally think on field this season will not be easy but only early days and they have 2 teams on the park and unfurling a premiership flag in front of their new rooms next week end and looking at their FB site plenty of off field support.

Last edited:
So where are the posters who kept posting this negative stuff on Big Footy about this club.Personally think on field this season will not be easy but only early days and they have 2 teams on the park and unfurling a premiership flag in front of their new rooms next week end and looking at their FB site plenty of off field support.

Game versus traditional rivals that finished last I'd be wanting to see a larger sample size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back