Carlton
I’d like to see the following for 2022

mcgovern to third defender instead of plowman
Stocker on ball instead of Curnow as a defender
Williamson to a wing and docherty to the other
JSOS persisted as second ruck/forward

what are everyone’s thoughts???

New coach
Prefer Clarkson however Lyon or Pyke are appealing.

New assistants
Experience and maybe some fresh out of the game. Keep: Amos, Power and O'Keefe seem alright. Buckley or Scott as an assistant? Get Hodge out of the media?

Leadership
Weitering C
Walsh VC
Leadership Group: McKay, Cripps, Curnow, Silvagni, Docherty.
Leadership group to undergo leadership training, seek out some people as mentors for example Luke Hodge for professional advice.

Improve tactical side of our game.
Improve our injury management and prevention.
Work on getting better kicks and stronger bodies into the side.
Improve strength and fitness of playing group.

Develop Stocker to play centre.
Develop Ramsay as a winger who plays a bit on either flank.
Develop Philp as a wing and a little half forward.
Williams to defence to stay there.
Fogarty to work on kicking and midfield play.
McGovern to train as a utility, train a bit with defenders, forwards and as a 2nd ruck.
Carroll to develop as a centreman who can go forward.
Develop Kemp as defender as well as wing/onballer.
Develop Martin as a wingman.
Develop a part time centre role for Honey.
Develop O'Brien as a wing/small forward.

Only thing with the Stocker move is that we dont have anyone better to replace him as a small defender - he's doing a pretty good job there.

Docherty and Williams are out at the moment. If Williamson keeps going well and Newman can hold his own we are ok here. We have also put some time developing Ramsay as a defender so we have options on the cards. He can always be moved back.

• Play Gov as our 3rd tall in defence

• Start using Stocker as a midfielder

• Experiment with Willo/Doc/Saad on the wings

• Persist with JSOS as our 2nd ruck

• Get some KPP depth

• Develop our young mids/wingers

• Start averaging 60+ tackles per game

• Introduce proper selection integrity

• Coach - Show some emotion in the box

• Coach - Don't be scared to make tough calls on and off the field

• Coach - Please don't give the same answers in all your press conferences

• Play Gov as our 3rd tall in defence

• Start using Stocker as a midfielder

• Experiment with Willo/Doc/Saad on the wings

• Persist with JSOS as our 2nd ruck

• Get some KPP depth

• Develop our young mids/wingers

• Start averaging 60+ tackles per game

• Introduce proper selection integrity

• Coach - Show some emotion in the box

• Coach - Don't be scared to make tough calls on and off the field

• Coach - Please don't give the same answers in all your press conferences
Hard to argue with any of this.
If I had any major point of difference, it would be that I'm still more than happy to persist with Gov as the 3rd tall fwd. Not totally against using him as a 3rd tall defender, just not sure what he offers over Plow, other than being better in the air. Also have to consider that Plow rarely misses a game and Gov rarely plays.
We know that Gov is more than capable of playing as a 3rd tall. Crows were 34W - 1D - 13L in games that he played with them. I know that's as much to do with the team as it is him, but my point is that he played the role comfortably in a strong team.
He's barely played alongside both of Harry and Charlie together in his 31 games for us.
Just checked. They've played 8 games together, all in 2019. One of those games Charlie went off injured after only 20% game time.
In the 7 full games, they combined for 36 goals (Charlie x 16, Gov x 10, Harry x 10).
If you include the game that Charlie exited early, it's 8 games for 40 goals (Charlie x 16, Harry x 12, Gov x 12).

So if we're going to assume that Gov is fit enough to play as the 3rd tall defender, then I'd rather have him up forward.

Hard to argue with any of this.
If I had any major point of difference, it would be that I'm still more than happy to persist with Gov as the 3rd tall fwd. Not totally against using him as a 3rd tall defender, just not sure what he offers over Plow, other than being better in the air. Also have to consider that Plow rarely misses a game and Gov rarely plays.
We know that Gov is more than capable of playing as a 3rd tall. Crows were 34W - 1D - 13L in games that he played with them. I know that's as much to do with the team as it is him, but my point is that he played the role comfortably in a strong team.
He's barely played alongside both of Harry and Charlie together in his 31 games for us.
Just checked. They've played 8 games together, all in 2019. One of those games Charlie went off injured after only 20% game time.
In the 7 full games, they combined for 36 goals (Charlie x 16, Gov x 10, Harry x 10).
If you include the game that Charlie exited early, it's 8 games for 40 goals (Charlie x 16, Harry x 12, Gov x 12).

So if we're going to assume that Gov is fit enough to play as the 3rd tall defender, then I'd rather have him up forward.
I included him in the backline because I think having Harry, Charlie, JSOS and Gov as forwards is a little too tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back