Remove this Banner Ad

ManInWhite

Ex ManInWhite
Apr 6, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Only 2 rounds into cricket season but already we have:

- New points system finally in place.

- People questioning Coldstream moving over.

- People wanting Seville's ground dug up.

- Peter Brown Olinda to Boronia. Has he taken players with him?

- Daniel Ward stepping aside but staying at Monbulk.

- Marcus Hottes & Dan Christian to Olinda.

- Brett Shalders to coach Mt. Ev.

- Matt O'Neill and Craig Clarke ciaching Gembrook.

- Brendan Donovan to coach Olinda?

- Nick Tennant not coaching Woori.

-

Coldstream not coming over, appearantly coach said he would walk along with half a dozen players so they are staying in the efl!!! The new points system??? So the efl clubs get 50 points yet Yarra valley only 40???? Will be interesting for neighbouring clubs e.g upwey,my.ev why not give them a free hit??? Along with the fact they can entice our juniors with the promise of another year "developing" whilst we return to the standard u/18s!!! Really hope Lukey mac can get in there and sort the running of this league out!!! Seems to lack brains and vision at the moment.... Or might be a few going back the other way to the efl...

Brendan Donovan coaching Olinda.

Peter Brown at Boronia - think a few boys will get a phone call !!!

I'm hearing Scott Sutherland coaching Monbulk. Ex Springvale premiership defender from the 90s. Think he coached Cranbourne to R/Up in 2014 - ripper human being !

Great call on Lukey Mac - his CV makes for some incredible reading.

Welcome back from Europe Tim, looked like a good trip.

Dixie, the EFL has another advantage in that it is easier for clubs to push money into their junior development (U/16 down) as they all come under the one banner. The new Points system will benefit clubs that are able to develop their own yet we operate under 2 different leagues who at times make decisions to assist their own situations, require clearances and permits for players moving between the 2 leagues leagues (YVMDFNL and DRJFL) and multiple administrations at both club and league level.

Are we the only region to have this problem or are there others running this way?

Coldstream not coming over, appearantly coach said he would walk along with half a dozen players so they are staying in the efl!!! The new points system??? So the efl clubs get 50 points yet Yarra valley only 40???? Will be interesting for neighbouring clubs e.g upwey,my.ev why not give them a free hit??? Along with the fact they can entice our juniors with the promise of another year "developing" whilst we return to the standard u/18s!!! Really hope Lukey mac can get in there and sort the running of this league out!!! Seems to lack brains and vision at the moment.... Or might be a few going back the other way to the efl...
Can't work Coldstream out. The move would strengthen their club. 1 reason would be travel. Instead of traveling to forest hill-Glen Waverley and Surry park they would be traveling to Wandin-mt Everlyn -healesville-Woori ect That alone would get more people through the gates add more interest in the club. And I don't have to tell you how valuable the netball is to our clubs, which I believe our league was going to help them set up. There's NO FUTURE in Efl 4th division.
Efl points will scale back over the next couple of years to be inline with ours. The reason given was we have had a point system in for a while and they are starting off and several Efl clubs this year were in the high 50's/60's in points. it gives them a chance to come down in points over the next season or 2. I don't think it will open up our market for Efl to poach our players anyway as alott of the big clubs will have to shred points.
Apart from 2 clubs Kinglake/Wandin every other clubs points this season gone were between 23-28pts and if Wandin/Kinglake keep the same list both will be under the 40pts.
The points system will be a good thing and when the salary cap comes in that will be even better.
Finally the under's debate will go on forever until all leagues have the same age groups, if it goes to 17-18 or 19's

Last edited:
Can't work Coldstream out. The move would strengthen their club. 1 reason would be travel. Instead of traveling to forest hill-Glen Waverley and Surry park they would be traveling to Wandin-mt Everlyn -healesville-Woori ect That alone would get more people through the gates add more interest in the club. And I don't have to tell you how valuable the netball is to our clubs, which I believe our league was going to help them set up. There's NO FUTURE in Efl 4th division.
Efl points will scale back over the next couple of years to be inline with ours. The reason given was we have had a point system in for a while and they are starting off and several Efl clubs this year were in the high 50's/60's in points. it gives them a chance to come down in points over the next season or 2. I don't think it will open up our market for Efl to poach our players anyway as a lot of the big clubs will have to shred points.
Apart from 2 clubs Kinglake/Wandin every other clubs points this season gone were between 23-28pts and if Wandin/Kinglake keep the same list both will be under the 40pts.
The points system will be a good thing and when the salary cap comes in that will be even better.
Finally the under's debate will go on forever until all leagues have the same age groups, if it goes to 17-18 or 19's
Towing the company line I see valley boy!!!! Anyone would think you were on the payroll!!!
Happy to argue the points you made re:Coldstream/points but the under 18/19 debate not sure how you can sit on the fence

Towing the company line I see valley boy!!!! Anyone would think you were on the payroll!!!
Happy to argue the points you made re:Coldstream/points but the under 18/19 debate not sure how you can sit on the fence
Far from it, I listen to both sides of the argument on the points and formed my own opinion. Take the emotion surrounding your own club out and see the bigger picture and you will see the point system will protect your own hometown talent and EVEN out the competition.
Ask anyone from the Efl about 19's , a lot will say it doesn't work, to be honest I'm not sure what will work but YV having 18's and Efl having 19's hurts both leagues. You talk about the YV clubs on the fringe losing players to Efl clubs for a extra year to develop well a lot of kids From Lilydale/Coldstream ect go to Mt EV/Wandin etc to play 18's for a year to be top age players.

Far from it, I listen to both sides of the argument on the points and formed my own opinion. Take the emotion surrounding your own club out and see the bigger picture and you will see the point system will protect your own hometown talent and EVEN out the competition.
Ask anyone from the Efl about 19's , a lot will say it doesn't work, to be honest I'm not sure what will work but YV having 18's and Efl having 19's hurts both leagues. You talk about the YV clubs on the fringe losing players to Efl clubs for a extra year to develop well a lot of kids From Lilydale/Coldstream ect go to Mt EV/Wandin etc to play 18's for a year to be top age players.
Well I now know you definitely work for the league!!! Take your "Yarra valley" hat off and maybe put your "mountain district" hat on!!!! Not sure if you or your mates at the Yarra ranges have realised but sides on the other side of the mountain are competing with a lot more teams than Coldstream and or Lilydale!!!! Also for you and your mates in the office, inter league participation this year was pretty average and not too many from the other side of the mountain what are they doing to represent our league in a better light????

Well I now know you definitely work for the league!!! Take your "Yarra valley" hat off and maybe put your "mountain district" hat on!!!! Not sure if you or your mates at the Yarra ranges have realised but sides on the other side of the mountain are competing with a lot more teams than Coldstream and or Lilydale!!!! Also for you and your mates in the office, inter league participation this year was pretty average and not too many from the other side of the mountain what are they doing to represent our league in a better light????
Geez where did that come from!!
Sorry i didn't answer your question to your liking Dixie.

Last edited:
dam you hawthorn
drafting fitzpatrick
upload_2015-10-23_22-8-41.jpeg
images

Going to throw an Early Prediction out for next year Yea will make the Divison 2 Seniors Football Grand Final a lot of Euroa Players from GVFL heading there 8-10 already signed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wandin list to stay the same
Mullet signed on pretty big bonus for the kennel

Monbulk a list has got a lot younger
With wragg Mitchell koole retiring from senior football

Upwey sleeping giant off season spending big Iv heard

Collinseseses all vacating belgrave

Mt ev picked up quality div 4 efl players loosing a few keys thou

Mendes back to the ville after top 3 finish in Lilydale b n f

Olinda losing no one of importance and gaining a couple of guns

Emerald senior coach sacked I'm hearing on the vine

Warby??????

Pat Sharp to the Burras after a year off.

Any news out of upwey as to these big signings?

The points system really needs the salary cap and an effective enforcement on up front payments to work to its full potential, still will be interesting to see the impact it has on the "changing clubs like underpants" demographic's ability to whore themselves around.

Pat sharp? Never heard of her

Believe it round 1 wasn't he meant to be playing at powelly last year??

Gray, favrin, werts and Anderson all Walked plus 4 retiring on top of that
Gray and Anderson left for coin, plus they live in Hawthorn area, so FTG knocks off fair amount of travel
Favrin is 35 years old and did his ACL last year, doesn't take Einstein to figure out why he's done.
Werts been at every training so far, so must not be too unhappy

Gray and Anderson left for coin, plus they live in Hawthorn area, so FTG knocks off fair amount of travel
Favrin is 35 years old and did his ACL last year, doesn't take Einstein to figure out why he's done.
Werts been at every training so far, so must not be too unhappy
Dont blame them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back