SDJFL Past greats

Remove this Banner Ad

what about SDJFL Players who have gone onto the AFL?

I'll start the List:

Barry Hall (Broadford/Saints/Sydney)
James Ezard (Broadford/Port Adelaide) he's yet to play seniors???
Ritchie Douglas (Broadford/Adelaide)
David Mundy (St Mary's/Freo)
Rory Hilton (Euroa/Brisbane/Tigers)
Darren Milburn (Kilmore/Geelong)
Ben Kinnear (Kilmore/Sydney/Collingwood) i think it was ben?
Mick O'Sullivan (St Marys/Melbourne/Essendon)
Jon Soloman (St Marys/Brisbane) or did jonno play at the lions?
Jason Johnson (Kilmore/Essendon)
Russell Richards (seymour/melbourne)
Hayden Lamaro (Euroa/Melbourne)

feel free to add

what about reece sullivan from summer bay...he had a pretty good stint at the swans for a while there didnt he? too bad he's not round summer bay anymore...dont know what hes up to these days...

Peter McLean was a Seymour junior who got drafted to the Cats but never played a senior game.
And Richmond and Hawthorn draftee Chris Martin played juniors for Seymour.
And I'm pretty sure Ezard has played a game. Might have played several. I'm almost certain he player for Port last year when they spanked Essendon at the Dome.

I'll start the List:

feel free to add

Alan Ezard was a Broadford junior

Its Mark Kinnear H ... dont think he ever fronted once he was traded to Vic Park

you are right.
also on modern players such as holman and clifton and so on, and this might sound bias, but Jake Loraine managed to slam home 103 goals in the st marys premiership yeah last year, all with a year left in the juniors.

I would like to know how many of these players have gone on at senior level. obviously the guys that have played league footy have but how many others.

did u only watch euroa play? from saint marys in those years were probly, jake anderson, sonny judge williams, dom russo, michael dundon, jack hesse and Mr seymour scotty the frenzie mcenzie!! also from other clubs were; leck (heathcote), brent le cerf (tahbilk), jacko hutton (tahbilk), tyrone muir (tahbilk), grant hately (tahbilk), willie hollman(st marys), dukey jenkins(seymour)

come on mate hesse hes a spud lol lecks a spaz, muirs fat, dukes short n fat, willie holman is the size of my willie haha

ill have a go at mine. finished in the under 15s in 2002
b: Adam Sanders Robbie Douglas Ron Surmiak
hb: Darcy Waugh David Mundy Mark Treble
c: Tom Lyons Rodney Van Reit Luke Gilliland
hf: Danny Haysom David Brockaway Jake Anderson
ff: Dom Russo Jesse Silver Trav Hede
foll: Tim O'Keefe James Ezard Richard Douglas
int: Ben Carboon Andrew Dundon Roman Chawanetz Kane Touhey

st marys and broadford were the dominate sides for pretty much my whole time in the sdjfl. must be heaps ive forgotten.

edited for perfection haha

I'll start the List:

Yeah HJ Jonno was at the Bears going back a few years ago now.
Good to see some more recent players making the SDJFL greats.
The best I seen is
in no particular order are
R Van Riet, D Mundy S Middleton, Rich & Rob Douglas, Jimmy Ezard, Mick Shiels & Greenaway, Mark Treble & what a pitty Tommy Chee never played juniors in this comp.
Man was hard and tough and could of still played for Tabilk when he first moved here but opted fr Avenel 3rds instead where he absolutely killed it befor he moved somewhere else.

Someone else im sure would of blossomed where eva he went would of been Chris Hodders brother Nick, would be interested t know how he faired after he left the SDJFL

r

]

Ben Clifton from st marys.. can play.
Tim Flemming im pretty sure started at Broadford and then went onto Richmond.

Hugh Robinson was a star at the Seymour Lions too in the juniors, and Dave Paton was St Mary's best in the early 90's (after the Patellies?? left)

Yeah HJ Jonno was at the Bears going back a few years ago now.
Good to see some more recent players making the SDJFL greats.
The best I seen is
in no particular order are
R Van Riet, D Mundy S Middleton, Rich & Rob Douglas, Jimmy Ezard, Mick Shiels & Greenaway, Mark Treble & what a pitty Tommy Chee never played juniors in this comp.

][/QUOTE]

mate you talking about the fella from Heathcote?
If so you should pop your head into the HDFL Thred, they're bagging him big time at the moment labelling him a sniper among other things

I know that most of you fellas are still young bucks, but you should start paying attetion to the new Superannuation ads doing the rounds at the moment.
Why? because when they do the example of Charlie the Chef you will notice that non other that Ronnie Spykers is snagging away on the juicy steaks grilling away in the background!
next time the ad is on, take a peak - i must say i lost it when i saw the great man grinning at the camera at the end of the ad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the yarn in yesterday's Herald-Sun about a fella who "allegedly" got nabbed doing 147km above the speed limit?
Well, I am 99.99% sure that is the same Mark Doggett who was in the same year as me at school (but went to Grant St) and if memory serves me correct might have played a few games of junior footy for the mighty Demons.

Anyone see the yarn in yesterday's Herald-Sun about a fella who "allegedly" got nabbed doing 147km above the speed limit?
Well, I am 99.99% sure that is the same Mark Doggett who was in the same year as me at school (but went to Grant St) and if memory serves me correct might have played a few games of junior footy for the mighty Demons.

Thats a massve get Grandy, thats what we wanna hear those former SDJFL blokes to have hit the headlines.

:) I played all my junior football at SEYMOUR untill i left and went 2 WYCHEPROOF in 1995 NCFL then moved to SWAN HILL in 2000 & played at WOORINEN CMFL for 3 years then went to SEA LAKE in the malle for a year then went 2 LALBERT for 3 years coached the 2nds for 2 years and now playing for MURRABIT IN THE GRFL .I would like 2 say hi to past & present players of the SDJFL i am still alive JUSTIN ROONEY good thread:)

Where are they now?

Damien Lindsay (Seymour)
Lorrie 'pud' McMartin (Euroa)
Brendan Donovan (Seymour)
David Monkton (Seymour)
Wes Old (Seymour)

My brother, I believe you know him HJ, has told me one of the funniest footy stories I've heard thanks to old Davey Munckton.
He reckons one day in under 10 "Munkos", who couldn't get a kick out of a pound of cocaine, somehow ended up with the ball in the goalsquare at Kings Park. Set to cover himself in glory, the Munkster went back to take his first ever (and probably most recent) shot at goal. Upon approach it was clearly obvious the Munkanator had no idea what he was doing, but threw the ball on to his boot anyway and, as was prone to happen with Munky, contact wasn't flush. As such, the ball only trickled off Munky Cold Medina's boot, but as luck would have it, the man on the mark leapt up at the same time to try and smother the kick, resulting in the ball rolling UNDER his feet and through for a goal.

we need to think about present greats, like i hear that jamie elliot is rated very highly his down from euroa. i was wonderin if anyone knows how he goes? cheers

we need to think about present greats, like i hear that jamie elliot is rated very highly his down from euroa. i was wonderin if anyone knows how he goes? cheers

No we dont :mad: There is no such thing as a present great, start up ya own chat for ya under 15 buddies mate and let myself and some of my former SDJFL team mates and opposition discuss what went down in the 80's & 90's.

Now whilst on Euroa did Cam Hilton ever go on with his footy. That's one guy I never heard much of after he moved up around the border had ability as a kid did he play O & M or anything like that?

No we dont :mad: There is no such thing as a present great, start up ya own chat for ya under 15 buddies mate and let myself and some of my former SDJFL team mates and opposition discuss what went down in the 80's & 90's.

Now whilst on Euroa did Cam Hilton ever go on with his footy. That's one guy I never heard much of after he moved up around the border had ability as a kid did he play O & M or anything like that?

Cam was a sensational junior at Euroa. However I think when he moved to the border, he played in some minor bush league or something. Might of coached but not 100% sure. Don't think he played O & M.

Also HJ32, big Laurie McMartin isn't playing footy anymore I don't think. Not really interested these days.

Not that I'm aware of. I did hear that he occupied some role at the Bushies (stats man or something like that) while Rory was playing there but not sure what he's done since

You're not bad on the memory, Doona. Herb played a few senior games at Wodonga Raiders and was seen as a very good u/18 players there (think he played an u/18 premiership?). Went on to coach in minor league up there (Tallangatta?) with Keiwa Sandy Creek (or maybe just played there?). Maybe Barnawatha? Shoulders ended him I think. May have even won a league B&F in that comp.

Herb also pulled on the boots up in Brisbane last year, but not sure who for - just in one of the suburban comps.

Good man, Cameron.:thumbsu:

Not much of a mention of my old whipping boys...Seymour Demons.
Didn't have much success towards the end of the club, but I remember playing in a Premiership (U/12's I think) with Nev Roscoe as the coach.

When I think back I seem to always remember Chittick Park as either Rock Hard or just a swamp, no in between.

My most enjoyable year was when leaving the U/15's moved to Seymour for the U/16 comp. This was fantastic for me, it was like moving to an All Star Team. We had the best of the Demons (actually I may have been the only one...so doesn't apply here), the best of Seymour, St Mary's and some guys from Nagambie too.

Pretty good side we had...finished 3rd I think, but there was only ever 3 teams in the running. Us, Kyabram (was our bogey team) and Echuca.

In the side we had Roo Saunders, Schotty, Boruch, Adam Smith, Hughie Robinson, Kelloggs (was always mental), Huxy (the start of his tough man period), Dave Patton, and more I can't recall now.

At the end of that season Roster, Mick Thompson, Rossiter and myself all got invited to the Bushrangers which probably adds to my comment of being my most enjoyable season.

Afterwards I played loosely in the thirds (mostly playing seconds as they were so short) due to living in Melbourne. I played a few games in the EDFL, WRFL, ACTAFL with Ainslie before giving it away. Nothing beats playing with the lads you grew up with!

Great board topic!

Russ

Not much of a mention of my old whipping boys...Seymour Demons.
Didn't have much success towards the end of the club, but I remember playing in a Premiership (U/12's I think) with Nev Roscoe as the coach.

When I think back I seem to always remember Chittick Park as either Rock Hard or just a swamp, no in between.

My most enjoyable year was when leaving the U/15's moved to Seymour for the U/16 comp. This was fantastic for me, it was like moving to an All Star Team. We had the best of the Demons (actually I may have been the only one...so doesn't apply here), the best of Seymour, St Mary's and some guys from Nagambie too.

Pretty good side we had...finished 3rd I think, but there was only ever 3 teams in the running. Us, Kyabram (was our bogey team) and Echuca.

In the side we had Roo Saunders, Schotty, Boruch, Adam Smith, Hughie Robinson, Kelloggs (was always mental), Huxy (the start of his tough man period), Dave Patton, and more I can't recall now.

At the end of that season Roster, Mick Thompson, Rossiter and myself all got invited to the Bushrangers which probably adds to my comment of being my most enjoyable season.

Afterwards I played loosely in the thirds (mostly playing seconds as they were so short) due to living in Melbourne. I played a few games in the EDFL, WRFL, ACTAFL with Ainslie before giving it away. Nothing beats playing with the lads you grew up with!

Great board topic!

Russ

Lucky you signed off Rusty. Thought you were playing Ed Phillips for a second there and asking us a question for a pick of the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back