Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone sporty / sport science explain the benefit of coming off after 2 minutes?

Wouldn’t an extended 3quarter break been better?

Oh well, we won!
Starting on the bench would have meant his final stretch was longer and we don't want Pendles gassed and needing a sub in the final 5 minutes when he's the most crucial.

Plus they probably like him on at the start of a quarter to help us respond to any opposition tweaks

Last edited:

A couple more years (flags) then he can move into the coaching phase.
I have no doubt he wants to be the next Collingwood Premiership coach. So I have no issue with him learning more at other clubs.
Thorny question now arises. When does the succession plan kick in?
No succession plan. Fly coaches until he either retires or stops being able to coach. The latter would be the only circumstance to bring Pendles home.

Sorry if this has already been posted ... couldn't see it.

MUST WATCH!!! (21mins)

This is magnificent!

Pendles is an even better leader than I thought

Love what Skipworth said to him about it being his moment in the last quarter

And that he had been training for several weeks to last the whole final quarter on the field

This is magnificent!

Pendles is an even better leader than I thought

Love what Skipworth said to him about it being his moment in the last quarter

And that he had been training for several weeks to last the whole final quarter on the field
I agree, he seemed to be the real captain out there. He is our best skipper of the modern era but Tony Shaw comes close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can praise Pendles without the pot-shot at Moore, Foggy.

Both are/were exceptional leaders and skippers.

Pendles was the in-play captain: without his brain and will in the last quarter we probably lose

Darce is a magnificent player, encourager, and statesperson for the club (and code)

Pendles is next level on tactics

Pendles was the in-play captain: without his brain and will in the last quarter we probably lose

Darce is a magnificent player, encourager, and statesperson for the club (and code)

Pendles is next level on tactics
Moore is the Captain.
Pendles is the Spiritual Leader.

Moore is the Captain.
Pendles is the Spiritual Leader.

At different times in the finals, Maynard and Sidebottom operated as spiritual leaders on the field

Nick Daicos as a talisman

And DeGoey inspires like Martin

Also love Howe’s influence down back - and courageous taking the Cameron hit

Crispy is also smart - he plays the clock well and knows when to run

From coaches to players, we were the smartest team this year

(Richmond and Geelong have also been very smart on and off the field the past 5 years)

At different times in the finals, Maynard and Sidebottom operated as spiritual leaders on the field

(Richmond and Geelong have also been very smart on and off the field the past 5 years)
For as long as Pendles remains out there, it’ll always feel a bit like we have two captains on the field, I suspect.

Through no fault of Darce’s, that is.

I remember Al Clarkson during the glory days talking about the incredible benefit of having a number of on-field leaders, like Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Roughead etc.

Geelong seems another great example where the good and bad moments were navigated by a spread of leaders.

I think we enjoy a similar depth, or close to it.

I remember Al Clarkson during the glory days talking about the incredible benefit of having a number of on-field leaders, like Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Roughead etc.

Geelong seems another great example where the good and bad moments were navigated by a spread of leaders.

I think we enjoy a similar depth, or close to it.

Strong post JB

Bit surprised to be honest

Funny how the swear filter blocked out find when you typed it.

I've been meaning to mention it to admin, the way in which some of my most generous sentiments and profound thoughts are filtered out of this forum.

I'll try again:

Go find yourself...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back