Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2017

Should the Spud Shield change names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Dunstan will be hard to beat............ again!

Having said that, goals should count and don't enough.

Next season thinking of upping them to 15 points for the first 3 goals and 20 for any after that to give them some more weight.

Yes. Yes. That's seems very, very fair. I am sure Naturally North would agree.

25D666C100000578-2961331-image-m-28_1424429162329.jpg

I applaud you.

Full nominations list Round 22 -

Roozee - Weller
giantroo - Bruce
Flawed Genius - Savage
tazaa - Membrey
King Corey - Longer
big_e - Bruce
Twinkletoes - Sinclair (One of the Jacks!)
Bigeasy - Gilbert
TennisPlayerAndy - Weller
RobZombie - Webster
Hojuman - Dunstan
muttley45 - Savage
Gasometer - Riewoldt (N/A)
DaveyBoy123 - Savage
YearOfTheRoos - Steele
Luke72 - Longer
boneofshin - Membrey
Nate7 - Longer
5 GB USB - Stevens
naturally north - Gresham

ROUND 22 REPORT

giphy.gif

Hmmm....... trading blows.....goal for goal.........then it was almost as if a message was rolled out late in the 2nd quarter...."Ok, that's enough" :rolleyes:

I can just see the AFL's newly appointed Integrity Officer - Tanking Unit, Jobe Watson, poring over the tapes of our last two games of the year next week ( :D ) after he retires.

I spent the second half of this game hoping that the plastic bag would drift back onto the Etihad surface again and grace us with its presence. I then got lost in the reverie of the things that I could do with that plastic bag at that moment.

lifebuzz-77bc6744c8c4c7f4cf60692cd66225e8-original.gif

:D Yeah nah....not really!!!! It may have been a bit more morbid a thought than that! Saints by 49. :thumbsdown:

upload_2017-8-21_12-54-45.png

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

giphy.gif

So Luke Dunstan picks up his second Kerridge Player of The Week for 2017 this time with a much more dominant performance. He shit was everywhere in accumulating 32 disposals, 4 marks and 6 tackles and also should have had a couple of goals. And who says Brad isn't good at developing players. He's done a great job with Dunstan this season. And we are not the only one's Dunstan has run roughshod over in the last month or so. I believe Brad will be collaborating with a few other coaches to release a gardening book based purely on 'growing' potatoes.

PERRIE AWARD

upload_2017-8-21_10-45-2.jpeg

Jack Steele
's not fooling anyone with his "I used to play for GWS so I must be good" attitude. A dual multiplier recipient this week picking up the 'Two first names' (thank Steele Sidebottom for that one!) and the 'Man-bun' multipliers to lift him to the Perrie Award this week. 22 disposals, 3 marks, a goal and a huge 11 tackles were enough to see him well clear of runner-up and another dual recipient of the same multipliers, Josh Bruce.

UBERSPUD MEDAL

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29462-1390939675-23.gif

Billy Longer made Goldy look like he was in AA form again to be this week's Uberspud Medallist with a modest 43 Perrie points and the mandatory zero votes.

Well, maybe not that far but FMD St Kilda have got a garden full of potatoes. We've listed 12 spuds above and we missed a couple as well - Nathan Brown (see below) and in what macrocosm does Blake Acres get 30 disposals!

Oddly enough, if Sam Gilbert had put his shagpile mop of hair up in a man bun instead of the knotted plaited tied up ropey atrocity strapped across the top of his forehead he would have qualified for the Nyhuis triple threat as he also picked up the '100% disposal efficiency' and 'Two first names' multipliers.

SPECIAL MENTION

83556310.gif

This is unbelievable. I thought it must be a record that Nathan Brown has failed to register a single kick against us in two full matches this season.

Upon a bit of research, I discovered that he has failed to register a kick 6 times this season and has also done it twice against the Eagles this season.

On top of that, he has registered 1 kick on 4 occassions and since Round 12 in 10 matches he has only registered a total of 9 kicks!!!! Not even 1 a game.

How the hell is this fraudulent passenger getting away with this!!!!

Bit surprised no-one got on him for an easy spudburger 3-pointer!

SPUD FARMER OF THE WEEK

One week to go!

Well done to Hojuman for nominating Luke Dunstan this week. A VP :sweetpotato: for you and a late play that keeps you in the running for the Spud Farmer of the Year!

YearOfTheRoos grabs a side of fries :frenchfries: for picking up Jack Steele in the Perrie Award and keeps himself well within reach of glory.

And Spudburgers :hamburger: are flipped out to King Corey , Nate7 and Luke72 for picking up Billy Longer in the Uberspud Medal.

PHIL DAVIS POSSESSION COUNT

+12 = 262 Kicks = 136

Track Phil Davis throughout the season to see if he can make his way past the 100/200/250 possession and/or 100/150 kick mark.

Didn’t have a direct opponent. Only 12 disposals but did organise the backline.

Needs 14 kicks in his last match to reach the 150 kick mark. Go Phil!!!!

dr-phil.gif

KERRIDGE WATCH

images

Sam has run into a good vein of form at the right time of year. Worked tirelessly for 4 quarters and tackled with intent setting the tone early.

24 disposals, 6 marks and 7 tackles. Disposal was a worry again with a remarkable out on the full shank landing in the upper deck of the crowd!

Even got a rotation on the Saturday night football 'Player's playlist' .......and the song - Smashmouth's "All Star". WTF Sammy??!! Delist.

giphy.gif

NYHUIS WATCH

upload_2017-8-21_10-47-9.jpeg

Thought I'd better keep an eye on him to check that he doesn't de-value his effort against us by pulling one out again.

No danger. Still a spud. Delist.

SPUD FARMER OF THE YEAR LEADERBOARD

And then there were 3!

tenor.gif

upload_2017-8-21_13-18-2.png

v the Lions this week Saturday Arvo at the Gabba in the battle for the wooden spoon (DO NOT WANT!!!!).

wooden-spoon-o.gif

Get your last nomination in for the year!

Last edited:
Claye Beams

Claye Beams this week to step out of the shallow end of the gene pool and dip his toes in the deep end with his brother in collecting 30 disposals and 3 goals.

Actually, if this happens and we lose we will be accused of tanking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 22 REPORT

giphy.gif

Hmmm....... trading blows.....goal for goal.........then it was almost as if a message was rolled out late in the 2nd quarter...."Ok, that's enough" :rolleyes:

I can just see the AFL's newly appointed Integrity Officer - Tanking Unit, Jobe Watson, poring over the tapes of our last two games of the year next week ( :D ) after he retires.

I spent the second half of this game hoping that the plastic bag would drift back onto the Etihad surface again and grace us with its presence. I then got lost in the reverie of the things that I could do with that plastic bag at that moment.

lifebuzz-77bc6744c8c4c7f4cf60692cd66225e8-original.gif

:D Yeah nah....not really!!!! It may have been a bit more morbid a thought than that! Saints by 49. :thumbsdown:

View attachment 406162

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

giphy.gif

So Luke Dunstan picks up his second Kerridge Player of The Week for 2017 this time with a much more dominant performance. He shit was everywhere in accumulating 32 disposals, 4 marks and 6 tackles and also should have had a couple of goals. And who says Brad isn't good at developing players. He's done a great job with Dunstan this season. And we are not the only one's Dunstan has run roughshod over in the last month or so. I believe Brad will be collaborating with a few other coaches to release a gardening book based purely on 'growing' potatoes.

PERRIE AWARD

View attachment 406120

Jack Steele
's not fooling anyone with his "I used to play for GWS so I must be good" attitude. A dual multiplier recipient this week picking up the 'Two first names' (thank Steele Sidebottom for that one!) and the 'Man-bun' multipliers to lift him to the Perrie Award this week. 22 disposals, 3 marks, a goal and a huge 11 tackles were enough to see him well clear of runner-up and another dual recipient of the same multipliers, Josh Bruce.

UBERSPUD MEDAL

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29462-1390939675-23.gif

Billy Longer made Goldy look like he was in AA form again to be this week's Uberspud Medallist with a modest 43 Perrie points and the mandatory zero votes.

Well, maybe not that far but FMD St Kilda have got a garden full of potatoes. We've listed 12 spuds above and we missed a couple as well - Nathan Brown (see below) and in what macrocosm does Blake Acres get 30 disposals!

Oddly enough, if Sam Gilbert had put his shagpile mop of hair up in a man bun instead of the knotted plaited tied up ropey atrocity strapped across the top of his forehead he would have qualified for the Nyhuis triple threat as he also picked up the '100% disposal efficiency' and 'Two first names' multipliers.

SPECIAL MENTION

83556310.gif

This is unbelievable. I thought it must be a record that Nathan Brown has failed to register a single kick against us in two full matches this season.

Upon a bit of research, I discovered that he has failed to register a kick 6 times this season and has also done it twice against the Eagles this season.

On top of that, he has registered 1 kick on 4 occassions and since Round 12 in 10 matches he has only registered a total of 9 kicks!!!! Not even 1 a game.

How the hell is this fraudulent passenger getting away with this!!!!

Bit surprised no-one got on him for an easy spudburger 3-pointer!

SPUD FARMER OF THE WEEK

One week to go!

Well done to Hojuman for nominating Luke Dunstan this week. A VP :sweetpotato: for you and a late play that keeps you in the running for the Spud Farmer of the Year!

YearOfTheRoos grabs a side of fries :frenchfries: for picking up Jack Steele in the Perrie Award and keeps himself well within reach of glory.

And Spudburgers :hamburger: are flipped out to King Corey , Nate7 and Luke72 for picking up Billy Longer in the Uberspud Medal.

PHIL DAVIS POSSESSION COUNT

+12 = 262 Kicks = 136

Track Phil Davis throughout the season to see if he can make his way past the 100/200/250 possession and/or 100/150 kick mark.

Didn’t have a direct opponent. Only 12 disposals but did organise the backline.

Needs 14 kicks in his last match to reach the 150 kick mark. Go Phil!!!!

dr-phil.gif

KERRIDGE WATCH

images

Sam has run into a good vein of form at the right time of year. Worked tirelessly for 4 quarters and tackled with intent setting the tone early.

24 disposals, 6 marks and 7 tackles. Disposal was a worry again with a remarkable out on the full shank landing in the upper deck of the crowd!

Even got a rotation on the Saturday night football 'Player's playlist' .......and the song - Smashmouth's "All Star". WTF Sammy??!! Delist.

giphy.gif

NYHUIS WATCH

View attachment 406121

Thought I'd better keep an eye on him to check that he doesn't de-value his effort against us by pulling one out again.

No danger. Still a spud. Delist.

SPUD FARMER OF THE YEAR LEADERBOARD

And then there were 3!

tenor.gif

View attachment 406174

v the Lions this week Saturday Arvo at the Gabba in the battle for the wooden spoon (DO NOT WANT!!!!).

wooden-spoon-o.gif

Get your last nomination in for the year!
Ha ha, and someone told me no one called Jack on Saints list was a spud :p

Ha ha, and someone told me no one called Jack on Saints list was a spud :p
Billings, Newnes and Steven aren't spuds.

Lonie and Sinclair are qualifiers.

Steele is a............

upload_2017-8-22_14-16-3.jpeg

He could find his way out of the spudzone one day maybe!

Back