NO TROLLS RW and KP's #offtopic Dumpsterfire

Remove this Banner Ad

To use words often spouted by those that rabidly defend a mono-cultural Anglo-Christian patriarchy (sic), "Australia, love it or leave."
Too late now. Will just turn up my toes with memories of a once great proud nation where people were enjoying life instead of apologising for things they had or have no need to be apologising for. Pissing and moaning by do gooders and bludging no good welfare cheating protesters have turned the country into an embarrassment.

Too late now. Will just turn up my toes with memories of a once great proud nation where people were enjoying life instead of apologising for things they had or have no need to be apologising for. Pissing and moaning by do gooders and bludging no good welfare cheating protesters have turned the country into an embarrassment.
Yeah. The country has been ruined by people trying to help others.

Pretty sure I'm on ignore after we had a mild disagreement once, but gee it must be nice / the easy way out, to live in a bubble and dismiss opposing viewpoints as coming from "do gooders and bludging no good welfare cheating protestors", and pretending like everyone was "enjoying life" in the past.

One of the great tunes of my times was Dire Straights Money for Nothing , hopefully it doesn't get banned.
Not sure what your point is. Even removing the context of the lyric I'm assuming you're referring to - it's satirical, as is the point of the song - the song was made in 1985 and it is now 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the band , was the first CD wasn't it . We can't all like the same music.
Ive been lucky to see and like so many artists from the Stones to Barbara Streisand , McCartney and so many great Aussie bands , but my top is AC/DC and always will be
My first CD was DJ Ötzi's 'Hey Baby' so please don't talk to me about music until you refine your taste further.

If you don't like ACDC then get out of Australia. :D
I teach in a primary school and I overheard these kids talking about their 3 favorite bands. One kid rattled off his favorite 3. The first 2 I didn't have a clue who they were and the last one was ACDC. The other kid said yeah, ACDC. 9 year old kids. I could not have been prouder. The tradition lives on.

Of course I like AC/DC rusty! They just aren't the Stones for me.

(Though if we're all being honest with ourselves, ABBA trumps all.)
I just lost all respect for you

I teach in a primary school and I overheard these kids talking about their 3 favorite bands. One kid rattled off his favorite 3. The first 2 I didn't have a clue who they were and the last one was ACDC. The other kid said yeah, ACDC. 9 year old kids. I could not have been prouder. The tradition lives on.
You should reward them with an Australian flag stubby holder

See, I would take this as an insult, but I am immediately suspicious of people who aren't prepared to admit ABBA supremacy. So do I really want your respect, Millky?
Even if you did want it, consider it gone