NO TROLLS RW and KP's #offtopic Dumpsterfire

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is there are some Swans players who I've heard have done amazing things and they're extremely intelligent and dialled in to the world around them and yet I reckon if they were asked the same question Adams was asked they'd say "Justin Bieber or Margot Robbie."

It's surface level stuff so I think it's best to treat it as such.
This is coming from a poster who counts the players who appear in photos?

Surface stuff indeed

Uhhhhhh I guess this is the point where as a mod I'm supposed to know how to link those radio interviews

Oprah Winfrey GIF

Adnico26Parker can you do your magic ?
harry potter curse GIF

I used to be able to buy a potato scallop and a chocolate Moove in Sydney for 45c.

sigh

Now a scallop is $1+ and you can't even get a chocolate Moove.

I blame COLA.
Know what you mean. In Sydney you used to be able to get 3 chooks, 2 steaks, 1kg of sausages and a loaf of bread for $5. Can’t do that anymore,………….too many cameras

I used to be able to buy a potato scallop and a chocolate Moove in Sydney for 45c.

sigh

Now a scallop is $1+ and you can't even get a chocolate Moove.

I blame COLA.
I remember when i was a little kid and the Milko would come around every arvo (back in the days of 600ml bottles of milk with cream on top - delicious).. 6yo, kicking a footy with the street kids and you hear the MOOOOO, of the Milko truck. We'd all get our 20 cents and buy a chocy Moove.. (and that was after the standard 2 x potato scollops for 10 cents each on the way home from school) ahhhh, the good old days
Also remember being 16 and a case of VB throw downs was $16, case of stubbies $20, and at 18yo a shout of 4 schooners was $10

Dude has no shame.

🤔
I don't get what the big deal is about Taylor Swift. Maybe that's why she's so popular, because older guys like me aren't 'with it.' You just don't get it maaaaan.

I've asked a seventy-something friend (female), a nearly forty friend (female), the 20 year old son of a friend ... we're all equally bemused as to what it's all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude has no shame.

🤔
I don't get what the big deal is about Taylor Swift. Maybe that's why she's so popular, because older guys like me aren't 'with it.' You just don't get it maaaaan.

Don't get me started on Taylor Swift, but the 16 year old kid in me who got a black eye for having a tote bag at school instead of a backpack likes that society's at a point where grown men can wear pink fluffy hats and it not be a big deal, even if it's just for a concert.

I've asked a seventy-something friend (female), a nearly forty friend (female), the 20 year old son of a friend ... we're all equally bemused as to what it's all about.

I'm bemused at the bemusement about a female singer who is all about empowering women being popular with women and men who appreciate seeing women empowered. Her music is cross-generational - she's not overly sweary or crude - and songs are quite relatable to different situations a woman may be going through in her life. She's already had a near 20 year career which means girls who got into her music as teenagers are now starting to take their own kids to her concerts.

Dude has no shame.

🤔

The lizard dancing to “Shake it Off” would have been a sight to behold.

I envisage something akin those inflatable arm-waving things outside used car yards.

Dude has no shame.

🤔

I wouldn't know a single song that she has sung. Showing my age, obviously.
I note that of her audience 95% of them are female.

My theory is that there's just no superstars anymore and she's the only one around that's semi-talented.

I dunno. I've listened to her songs and seen her perform. She's just so... vanilla. Bland. I guess if that's what the young women like then I guess that's nice. It's just disappointing that our taste has gotten so bad.

Fanfare of Taylor Swift I can forgive. Don't even get me started on the fanfare of the Korean 'band' BTS.

My theory is that there's just no superstars anymore and she's the only one around that's semi-talented.

I dunno. I've listened to her songs and seen her perform. She's just so... vanilla. Bland. I guess if that's what the young women like then I guess that's nice. It's just disappointing that our taste has gotten so bad.

Fanfare of Taylor Swift I can forgive. Don't even get me started on the fanfare of the Korean 'band' BTS.

ha ... my girlfriend and i have almost nothing in common, starting with music ... she friggin loves bts
but then, when we first met many years ago, she loved inxs ... so her abysmal taste goes back a long way

I'm just as happy to watch her in concert with the audio on mute. ;)

Last edited:
ha ... my girlfriend and i have almost nothing in common, starting with music ... she friggin loves bts
but then, when we first met many years ago, she loved inxs ... so her abysmal taste goes back a long way
I genuinely wanted to like BTS because they're so popular in Asia. So I gave them the best chance I could. My conclusion:

Crap music.
Crap image.
Crap dancing.
No soul.

I swear man these generic boy bands in Asia are a dime a dozen. There's absolutely nothing unique about BTS that sets them apart.