Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Like anything it's just about doing what you can around what you can.. I'll shift runs, go super early, go late, push back a day.. Whatever I need to get it done... Broken sleep with young kids absolutely sucks though so I've felt your pain there 😂

I'm similar to darrenmorgan in that I started late.. I think I was 35, I've only ran one marathon, I'm not quick or looking to set any records.. It's just become something I love and the body craves, and keeps me sane dealing with the kids etc as well haha
I should add... Time doesn't at all matter IMO, obviously PBs and personal goals can drive us. But it is what it is, if you stay consistent then the results follow, and the results are what they are. Family life can be hard and draining, I probably beat myself up too much after poor showings at events at times when really I've had a week's work doing OT before without breaks all day, or the kids have been mental or sick or whatever and it's not perfect leading up to what you are doing... And really that is what happens, life just happens and we just keep showing up and trying again.
Thanks mate, very insightful. Like anything else it'll obviously be a challenge in terms of staying consistent but good to hear from others who have started late-ish as well

Whoever was talking Endorphin Speeds on here.. I just got a pair of the 3s for 150 bucks online!

I found the 2s a bit wobbly, but all reviews said the 3s were more stable so that meant it was too good a deal to refuse

Just need to actually get back to running now...

Whoever was talking Endorphin Speeds on here.. I just got a pair of the 3s for 150 bucks online!

I found the 2s a bit wobbly, but all reviews said the 3s were more stable so that meant it was too good a deal to refuse

Just need to actually get back to running now...
where did you get them?
Saucony and Running Warehouse don’t have my size. :(

where did you get them?
Saucony and Running Warehouse don’t have my size. :(
It was on the Saucony website, I love bright colours anyway and saw red ones for that cost, lucked in that they were in my size.. Ordered them and then they showed as sold out so I assume I got the last pair

It was on the Saucony website, I love bright colours anyway and saw red ones for that cost, lucked in that they were in my size.. Ordered them and then they showed as sold out so I assume I got the last pair
lucky bugger. at that price I’m not too fussed about the colorway.

oh well, guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled cause we’re heading into the time of year when those sort of crazy sales start to pop up.

oh well, guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled cause we’re heading into the time of year when those sort of crazy sales start to pop up.

Lots of sales coming up so I assume you’ll be able to get a pair, I like them, am on my second pair of the 3s.

Trying to work out what shoes I want to keep an eye out for sales on!

Tbh I found some black ones at Running Warehouse I was going to pull the trigger on, same price.. but they were only in wide. So I'm the same, colour doesn't matter for the right price!

Lots of sales coming up so I assume you’ll be able to get a pair, I like them, am on my second pair of the 3s.

I am keeping my eye out for New Balance deals..

I grabbed a pair of Novablast 3 from RW for $160 about a month ago. I really like the shoe and version 4 is due soon so there should be some bargains to to be had.
they have them at $180 at the moment and you can use a 15% off code to bring it down to $153.

I’ll keep hunting for the Speed 3. I’d love to get my hands on a pair of those.

I grabbed a pair of Novablast 3 from RW for $160 about a month ago. I really like the shoe and version 4 is due soon so there should be some bargains to to be had.
they have them at $180 at the moment and you can use a 15% off code to bring it down to $153.

I’ll keep hunting for the Speed 3. I’d love to get my hands on a pair of those.
Geeze I absolutely love how RW you can stack the Running Heroes discount onto an already reduced price and it works... they are buy far the best place to try really squeeze the price

I am keeping my eye out for New Balance deals..

I'm intrigued by the Ghost Max.

I got a new pair of the Endorphin Pro just before the marathon and my old pair are 'only' at 370km so should have plenty of training life left in them.

Picked up a Triumph 21 and Speed 3 for ~ $180 each sometime in August that are both only about 1/3 through their life. Got a Superblast at ~ 300km that's got plenty of life left in them as well.

So really, the Ghost Max to replace my older Invincibles might be the only shoe I actually 'need' in the short term...

I'm intrigued by the Ghost Max.

I got a new pair of the Endorphin Pro just before the marathon and my old pair are 'only' at 370km so should have plenty of training life left in them.

Picked up a Triumph 21 and Speed 3 for ~ $180 each sometime in August that are both only about 1/3 through their life. Got a Superblast at ~ 300km that's got plenty of life left in them as well.

So really, the Ghost Max to replace my older Invincibles might be the only shoe I actually 'need' in the short term...
I have some Superblasts with plenty left in them as well, just keeping an eye out for the Supercomp Trainer 2s if they go on sale as i have put 500k in version 1, and if by fluke the new 1080 is on sale i would snap at that cos it is getting great feedback, but it has also been out about 2 mins so unlikely to go on sale any time soon I would say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have some Superblasts with plenty left in them as well, just keeping an eye out for the Supercomp Trainer 2s if they go on sale as i have put 500k in version 1, and if by fluke the new 1080 is on sale i would snap at that cos it is getting great feedback, but it has also been out about 2 mins so unlikely to go on sale any time soon I would say

I keep wanting to like the NB FuelCell line but they just haven't worked for me.

Hey guys, started running over winter (after dabbling in 5k's here and there during lockdown) and now training for a half mara. Definitely enjoying running more now that I have a goal and have realised that I don't need to be aiming for a PB every run!

Couple questions:
  • Any tips on finding a run club? Think adding a social run might keep me motivated to stay running especially after my HM ends
  • Currently I run holding my phone and keys in my hands. Looking into getting a belt of some sort to carry those on me, any recommendations from people who use them?
  • Thoughts on running shirtless (as a guy) now that the weather's getting a bit warmer? Would obviously stick to low UV times but feel like some evening sun on the skin would feel nice, and would feel a bit cooler/more comfortable than a drenched singlet.

Anyone got any running hat suggestions? Growing out my hair a bit now and the sweat into the eyes is becoming a real issue. Need one with a sweatband built into it I think. I've looked at a few in stores but they're all weird bright mix match of colours, I just want a plain black/navy one.

Anyone got any running hat suggestions? Growing out my hair a bit now and the sweat into the eyes is becoming a real issue. Need one with a sweatband built into it I think. I've looked at a few in stores but they're all weird bright mix match of colours, I just want a plain black/navy one.

I like Fractel because it's an Australian brand, similar kind of thing to Ciele.

They also make bucket hats which are A+ in summer.

another Fractel wearer here (M Series) to support the Aussie guys. the branding and colours on most of their hats is way too over the top for me but they do have a couple of simple, more understated designs. the quality is great.

I don’t own one but Ollie Hoare seems to wear this a lot and I like the look of it. It’s simple, it looks good and On make quality apparel.

Hey guys, started running over winter (after dabbling in 5k's here and there during lockdown) and now training for a half mara. Definitely enjoying running more now that I have a goal and have realised that I don't need to be aiming for a PB every run!

Couple questions:
  • Any tips on finding a run club? Think adding a social run might keep me motivated to stay running especially after my HM ends
  • Currently I run holding my phone and keys in my hands. Looking into getting a belt of some sort to carry those on me, any recommendations from people who use them?
  • Thoughts on running shirtless (as a guy) now that the weather's getting a bit warmer? Would obviously stick to low UV times but feel like some evening sun on the skin would feel nice, and would feel a bit cooler/more comfortable than a drenched singlet.
Hi mate - I'm not in a run club so can't help you there but I use the Spibelt which they sell at Rebel, works pretty well for me. They look small but can stretch to fit more it, I had my gels and phone in there and barely felt it, has also lasted me like 3 years now as well so decent quality. I'm also a strictly shirted runner so can't help you with that part either!

Think I'm going to go with that On one as I like the style and I've seen others around my way wearing that one so must go alright. I would go with Fractel based off everyone here but looking at their website I genuinely just couldn't find one I liked the look of. Even the plainest ones still had too much going on for me. If I get a second I might look for a more 'fun' one and head their way.

Couple questions:
Get on facebook and search for local road running clubs, or as a parkrun ED, get along to a local parkrun and start chatting to the people there. There's always bound to be some involved in the local run groups.

I did 15k at my dream half marathon pace this morning. It was hard but not balls out hard.
could I have maintained it for another 6.1k? I’m reasonably confident I could’ve hung on for another 2, after that who knows.

things in my favour:
- i pretty much rolled out of bed and and started running.
- nutrition consisted of water and a couple of snake lollies beforehand so that can be improved.
- i did an easy 11k yesterday and a hilly 28 the day before so the legs weren’t exactly fresh.
- i was actually 2 seconds a k faster than my target pace.

things not in my favour:
- 6.1k is far.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back