Sport Rugby League/Union Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Eels have lost to Titans, Raiders, Warriors & Knights this year, but when they play their best they can match the Storm IMO.

The game will be closer than many are predicting. Storm will run at Moses all day so the Eels will need to be on their defensive best to be a chance.
Smitthy also played more minutes than most were expecting the other night. I was thinking he would've been rested for a half or something but I guess being a milestone game he/they wanted him out there. He's actually still pretty important so I hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

Eels beat them pretty comprehensively a bit over a month ago.
If our defence holds up we have the firepower to score enough points to win.

Look I wish you all the best but I honestly can't see it. Whatever Parramatta do Melbourne do better.

Wait and see but I can't see it personally.

I don't know about comprehensively :p

Should be a great match. Looking forward to watching the replay/delayed telecast! (Being in SA & will be watching AFL anyway).

Eels have lost to Titans, Raiders, Warriors & Knights this year, but when they play their best they can match the Storm IMO.

The game will be closer than many are predicting. Storm will run at Moses all day so the Eels will need to be on their defensive best to be a chance.
The problem with Parramatta is they play down to average opposition, nearly cost us last Friday night. Or if we get a handy lead we take our foot off the pedal and let teams back into the game. Will need to put in a whole 80 minute game to actually have a chance.
I wouldn't take any notice of the last time we played them. None of their origin players played in that game.

I don't expect us to win but hopefully it's close. Would give us confidence heading into week two.

The problem with Parramatta is they play down to average opposition, nearly cost us last Friday night. Or if we get a handy lead we take our foot off the pedal and let teams back into the game. Will need to put in a whole 80 minute game to actually have a chance. I wouldn't take any notice of the last time we played them. None of their origin players played in that game.

I don't expect us to win but hopefully it's close. Would give us confidence heading into week two.

I reckon we have the forward pack to match the Storm. If Norman plays well we will win because it will mean that Jennings and Radrada will get space on the outside.

Never got into either form. Can appreciate it for what it is. But the force being kicked out doesn't worry me one iota. Unlike the rest of the whinging Perthians. I guess with freo being s**t the badwagoners need a team to support. Wildcats it is then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep thinking about the 2001 GF. That first half was almost an exact copy of the 2014 GF performance by the Swans.

Ummm... at least the eels turned up for the second half :(

Hopefully we aren't thinking about the chooks next week and end up getting ambushed by the cowboys like '05

Swannies last night.... Cleveland Indians record 22 game streak comes to an end this morning.... give me something to cheer about please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back