Remove this Banner Ad

basalt

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
royals,leeds united
Time to have a Royals thread and stickied if possible swannie.:)

Been a bit embarrassing not having one on this board all this year especially as there are lots of big footy posters who are keen royals followers.

So here is the place for discussion on the mighty royals.

Hope to see some new old faces at the club for 2011 with possibly Gary Moss and Mark Hutchings returning to the fold.

Any one with any other news on the squad we want to hear from you.

the epfc website must be the place to go for royals info!

strange, seeing as they have the biggest supporter base in the WAFL (arguable)

I'd agree they have a good supporter base ( where are they at the moment ? ), but you would be joking if you thought they had anywhere near the supporter base of East & South Fremantle, and even Swans.

I'd agree they have a good supporter base ( where are they at the moment ? ), but you would be joking if you thought they had anywhere near the supporter base of East & South Fremantle, and even Swans.

Masai, I think both East Perth & West Perth have bigger supporter bases than East Freo, it's us South supporters that make the derby attendances look so good;)

would anyone be able to give me info on ravensthorpe comp teams colours i know there is 3 teams tigers lakes and southrners please if there were more teams at one stage let me know thanks:)

Sorry kenton no idea on the ravensthorpe colours , however for the black and blue royals aka East perth
a quick update on the squad for 2011.

In: Polak (Richmond), Pettifer (Richmond), Smith (Norf Melbourne), Moss (Hawk returning home)

Rumoured: Hutchings (Saint returning home), Chartres (peel)

Losses: L. Webster, Pickering, Merrington, Wirrapunda, Lovett, Mckinlay, Pickering Cowell, Tarrant,

Unsure: Roe

From the colts: ? possibly Williamson, Grover

Unsure: Me

Anyone else up with the news?

It's difficult to know exactly how we'll go this season. Losing the leader of the club in Webster, a work horse like Pickering and a goal threat like McKinley it's a little like stepping into the unknown. We know that we have the best (if not then the 2nd best) coach in the state and that could be worth a few wins on it's own. Interested to see how Polak goes, he apparently showed some reasonable form in the VFL from time to time, the same with Mossy a strong season in the blue and black could see him back in the AFL fold..

Mark Hutchings has crossed the divide to go to West Perth. Danny Chartres is now officialy on board basically a straight swap now for Tommy Howlett.

2011 Pre Season

26th Feb : East Fremantle - East Fremantle Oval

5th March: Peel - Leederville Oval

12th March: Subiaco - Leederville Oval.

The club is doing a player auction fund raiser type thingy (see the royals website). In it they detail the current squad. Sixty six players named so obviously league and reserves.

The new recruits in Moss,Polak, Pettifer, smith and chartres all named.

No Roe so can assume he has gone.

Did not include Roberton, Cox, Selwood so the club is not expecting to see much of those three back fom AFL duty.

Looks a fairly solid squad and have only lost about three from the prelim final from last year.

Hopefully good for finals again but the talent that swans and claremont have in there squads looks formidable for us to take the next step into a grand final.

looking forward to how some of the younger guys go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic start to the season for the Mighty Royals!
We ventured up to Bassendean (ugh) and saw the Swans unfurl their premiership flag - and then proceeded to beat them by 15 points!!
Was a great game. I would encourage more people to go to see the WAFL. It was a very high standard game - good "old fashioned footy" with man on man contests all over the ground. Polly and Pettifer and Smith look like they will be handy recruits and Mossy was terrific. Good to see him back at the Royals. We also unearthed a few good kids in Kane Goodwin from South PerthFC and Chris Franklin from Imperials FC. We played without our two Zac's in the ruck and lost Michael Swan in the third quarter. We were 13 points down at 3 quarter time and ran out winners by 15 points. Looking forward to next week against Sowfs back at Leederville.

great game and result

impressed by lee who is very under rated.

good signs from the youngsters especially in a very inexperienced back half.

so much to like about the micale style of football.

We were disappointing today.

Swans had the breeze in the final term, they pilled on five goals to our three, Hansen kicked 3 in the last qtr, 8 for the match.

Our middle just looks slow, we've been unable to run out games this year.

My hunger noa to play AFL, is, well it can't be put in words, i feel now that moving to perth in a couple of years time could lead me to AFL, and i want to play for East Perth!

Ben Cousins set to play second part of the season for EP , has requested permission from EF before the June 30 deadline .

Should certainly attract even more interest to the WAFL

Have East Perth agreed to pay the $10 000 transfer fee to the Sharks ?.

I thought Cousins came out and said it wasn't happening, this week?

Massive win that yesterday, again we're told the game is about Perth staying in touch with Subi and the Top 4 and again Perth have been shown up by East Perth...The Dees looked like the ducks nuts in the 1st but after that we just made them look substandard..

So from 8th and gone, battling Peel for the spoon, to 6th and 2 games outside the 4..it seems we've been here before :D

Amazing how any of the bottom 5 teams is still capable of an outside push for the finals, yet they are all able to win the spoon...West Perth and Claremont may well be head and shoulders above the rest at the top but everyone else from South down is capable of winning on any given day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back