Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I’m worried, McGovern could have an absolute field day without checkers. Reef is NOT the replacement for him it’s not his game. The only one is Freddy. The big body do anything to keep the ball in the forward line, will crash the pack and kill everyone who gets in his way. We need that against WCE not a pretty boy pseudo third tall. Horses for courses this selection just swap checkers and Freddy. Replacing Beau will be an issue as we don’t have a pressure forward like him so perhaps Joe gets a debut or JC but JC just hasn’t been up to it lately. It’s a tricky selection situation this week. We have to be aware of their intercept defenders but be mindful of being able to keep up that manic forward pressure of the last couple of weeks and let’s be honest apart from Krueger none of the other forward options are really manic pressure players, that’s not the DNA of a true forward. Too bad we can’t bring in Sam Glover he’d be ideal this week, perhaps the old NBA 10 day contract. 😂

Ps: I need to use paragraphs a bit more 😂

What happens when Freddy pops a shoulder 5 mins into the first?

They wont bring in Kreugs. He has played 1 game. They will want to see some decent form before he is considered

Stop making sense, Jen!

I wonder if we'll try Charlie Dean as a forward, there's not many options at the moment and he did alright in that position as a junior. Kroogs isn't up to fitness yet...

Only 4 of those - Reef, Bytel, Fin and Kreuger - are realistic options in terms of being competitive or appropriate. The rest are just making up the numbers.

Desperate times - I could see Carmichael getting a game as one of only a few semi-regular goal-kickers on that list. Especially if Krueger is considered too under-done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Begg was one of those we went with that looked like he had athletic traits. He’s fairly agile for a tall, but he isn’t a ruck, isn’t a KPF, so that leaves him as a KPD. But I’m not sure he’s that either..
I think KPD is the last role. You've got to be able to read it in the air and be a really safe mark.

I wonder if we'll try Charlie Dean as a forward, there's not many options at the moment and he did alright in that position as a junior. Kroogs isn't up to fitness yet...
There might not be a log of options but that one is at the bottom of the list of the ones I’ve seen. If Dean comes in at all it will be to release Howe forward.

Desperate times - I could see Carmichael getting a game as one of only a few semi-regular goal-kickers on that list. Especially if Krueger is considered too under-done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hey question?
In your opinion, who is more of a break glass option?
Carmichael, Krueger or Macrae?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naaah we did that a couple year ago. You have HEAPS of quality on the field. We're looking at having both Sheed and Gaff play in the same team, and they may as well pull on Collingwood jumpers on the day they are so bad.

Even with those outs you've got us covered.

You should know that Sheed and Gaff will likely wind the clock back against us. Watch us play them into form.

I think McInnes is a definite in for me. No risks with Elliott please.
Sullivan into the starting 22. I can see him taking centre bounces and could also handle Schultz’ role at a pinch.
HH to play a McCreery-ish role.
WHE stays forward with Bobby
I’d bring Begg in, ostensibly for Checkers, despite his deficiencies, as I really feel we need some bulk down forward. He just has to crash in and do enough to bring it to ground level. McGovern will peel off so he could maybe keep Barrass occupied.
Just try and emulate Checker’s last game against Carlton as best he can. Didn’t take a heap of marks or hit the scoreboard.
That leaves one more in plus the sub.
Macrae, Bytel if we want to bolster the midfield.
AJ : could we risk him back if contemplating Howe forward? Given Markov is back we’d still be pretty strong down back.
Not sure who else would come into calculations.

Last edited:
There might not be a log of options but that one is at the bottom of the list of the ones I’ve seen. If Dean comes in at all it will be to release Howe forward.
Fair enough, I'd like to see how Dean goes up forward, Checkers was playing back until we just threw him up forward. That was probably at the bottom of the list of options at the time and look how that turned out.

Fair enough, I'd like to see how Dean goes up forward, Checkers was playing back until we just threw him up forward. That was probably at the bottom of the list of options at the time and look how that turned out.
My impression of Charlie when down back at AFL level was that he let an error or loss of a contest affect him a bit. Feel like he needs to work on that. A change forward may be asking too much of him at this stage.

He’s barely played 6-7 games in two and a bit years. Happy to let him work on being a quality defender for the time being given how much football he’s missed.

Out: McCreery (Conc), Schultz (Susp), Mihocek
In: Sullivan, Macrae, Reef

• Sullivan to replace McCreery who was playing Midfield
  • Reef to replace Mihocek
  • HH to replace Schultz, HH was playing a lot on the wing on Friday.
  • Macrae to join the midfield rotation.

Sub: Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back