Autopsy Round 8 vs Melbourne @ The Bank - 06/05/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say Rosas impressed me. He always struggled with ToG but he chased like possessed late in the game (Berry too). If he can keep up his work rate he could be damaging. He makes good decisions, has some Rankine's skills. I loved when he got angry with teammates for not giving him a ball along the boundary.

I have to say Rosas impressed me. He always struggled with ToG but he chased like possessed late in the game (Berry too). If he can keep up his work rate he could be damaging. He makes good decisions, has some Rankine's skills. I loved when he got angry with teammates for not giving him a ball along the boundary.

Breakout game.

Just watched the replay and the boys were great, umpires the difference, just flat out bad

Noah is a star, just imagine how good he would be in a team that gets handed free kicks in prime position time and time again

Proud of the Suns, no doubt we are coming

Can someone tell me what Tsitas was doing in the team.
I'm sorry but I can think of at least 8 players from the VFL team l would be playing in from of him.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
His job was to blow the whistle for a Melbourne free kick just in case the maggots were out of breath

We are coming and soon not even the 22 playing against us ( 4 in green) will be able to stop us

Umpires were absolutely putrid tonight, they’re normally not great to us but tonight was another level and was the difference in the game unfortunately. However, on a different note Noah was incredible and really took the game on and stepped up in key moments! Another positive was how loud and great the atmosphere was at Heritage Bank Stadium, I don’t think I’ve ever heard it so loud. Oh and that Humphrey kid? He’s going to be a star! Loved his hardness at the contest and won a lot of hard ball with his strength and maneuverability

Last edited:
My missus has only started calling herself a suns fan this year and actually caring about footy matches for the first time, and even she was absolutely fuming at the umpiring afterwards.

Even though they lost, I can't fault the effort and proud that we are both suns fans tonight

I will sit here and read the umpire poorness stuff. But word of warning, if you guys start triggering the swear filter non stop and start getting insulting, I will start carding. Includes accusations if ‘cheating’
I wouldn’t go as far as claiming cheating (although I did say it during the game) but I will say poorly unpired. I’ll even say too gutless to make the calls in the final minutes.

Umpire lover…

Very proud of the team and how they stood up with some key players out. Berry was actually better than I thought he would be and was great to see chol with a bit of aggression. Still hurts not getting the points and I really thought dmac would kick that to even it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably cold comfort, but on our Lions board and the Main board, there is almost universal agreement that the Suns were badly ripped off by the worst and most gutless umpiring display in living memory.

I say "almost" because there are a few delusional Dees contributors that reckon the umpiring was just fine:thumbsdown:

EDIT: This "put the whistle"way at the end of a close game is a total cop out, especially as they often make whistle happy momentum changing decisions during the rest of the game. Not only that, but the "highly regarded" teams exploit the situation with blatant rule breaking ,essentially daring the umpires to make a decision that might decide the game.

As much as he has his critics, an umpire like Razor Ray at least has the courage to make crucial, even "unpopular" calls if that's what he thinks he sees.

Unfortunately , we often get the B grade umps up north who invariably are like deers in the headlights. particularly if the big Vic club favourites end up in a close game.

I think if you had better quality umpires , you win that game.
100%.
Especially in games that are expected to be easy wins.
Easy to hide someone who has no idea in a twighlight fixture on the GC when we’re expected to lose anyway.

The one cheating was Petty if he fell over purposely to win a free kick (that lead to a goal) as was reported on my radio listen.

That dishonest duping has its place in soccer not Aussie rules.

Glad we got some different contributors from the usual 5-6.

Seems like we can rely on rowell, anderson, Witts, Powell, Ballard (most matches)

To have rosas, Atkins, fiorini, Berry etc.. step up and have ‘good’ games gives us a chance to win.

The one cheating was Petty if he fell over purposely to win a free kick (that lead to a goal) as was reported on my radio listen.

That dishonest duping has its place in soccer not Aussie rules.
They have the behind scenes vision of it now. Absolutely disgraceful the free kick was paid and the staging was pathetic and should be fined.

They have the behind scenes vision of it now. Absolutely disgraceful the free kick was paid and the staging was pathetic and should be fined.

His entire career to date has been nothing but playing the victim so hardly surprising. Incredible that that single-handedly defined the outcome of what was actually a pretty good game.

I wouldn’t go as far as claiming cheating (although I did say it during the game) but I will say poorly unpired. I’ll even say too gutless to make the calls in the final minutes.

Umpire lover…

It’s hilarious to think umps would be cheating and the delusional supporters who seem to seriously consider it a possibility are mostly on medication I suspect
That pretty much went out with John Wren and the Collingwood gangsters of the 1920s and 30’s
There is a big difference between cheating and just plain incompetence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s hilarious to think umps would be cheating and the delusional supporters who seem to seriously consider it a possibility are mostly on medication I suspect
That pretty much went out with John Wren and the Collingwood gangsters of the 1920s and 30’s

I think anyone including myself who made mention of it has their tongue firmly placed in cheek and was venting frustration with hyperbole.

The umpires were just useless all night.

Mind you the Brownlow betting scandal mysteriously hasn’t been spoken about since…. Amazing how that story has disappeared

Again… not cheating. But I believe these calls would have been made to benefit a big club, and there is a fear to pay them against big clubs. Or perhaps if we had a full house of die hard suns supporters making noise the umps could feel pressured into making those calls.
I'm not sure how loud it was on the TV but at the ground it was huge. I think every Suns fan was yelling for the majority of the quarter.
I think we rattled the umps with our noise.
As I said earlier in the thread, win (or play like last night) and the crowds will come and "The Bank" will become a fortress.
Can't wait

A couple of umpiring mistakes that go against us when the ball is near goal (the chop of the arms that led to a goal was the worst one for mine), and a couple of 50/50 calls in general play that go the other way, and it feels like a landslide.

Just one of those days when some of the umpire mistakes and the line ball calls have a big impact on the game. It is annoying but that is footy.

I think the free kick to Gawn was there. It was all about King coming from behind. Umps are looking for that. If King gets in front of him or to the side and gives him a light shove then nothing happens even if he falls over. When you are well off ball, don't shove anyone from behind no matter how lightly. Sorry, no excuses for that.

More annoying was the number of errors we made in the last quarter. Our lack of composure was only balanced out by effort and not giving in and some excellent play by half a dozen players. Otherwise I thought there were some poor decisions with the ball as well as some poor skills execution.

The game was there to be won and suspect there will plenty of moments in that last quarter that will not look good in the review. That was my biggest takeaway. It was there, we took the best shots from the Demons, forced them into error, and kept on coming the whole last quarter, but made too many errors to finish the job.

Which makes that a super valuable game to review. The number of positive plays will outweigh the negative plays by a fair margin, but the negatives had a big impact. And if we don't learn from that and get better under pressure, then it won't really matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back