Preview Round 8: Essendon vs West Coast, Data Breach Stadium, Saturday 4th May, 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weideman as emergency over Hayes?
Would not be reading a lot into it. The emergencies generally mean nothing and they will probably take Weideman to cover both ends if needed. Not ideal for sure .

Would not be reading a lot into it. The emergencies generally mean nothing and they will probably take Weideman to cover both ends if needed. Not ideal for sure .

Wouldn’t you think with the VFL bye it’d be a good time to take him over as a traveling emergency? Show him what prep and AFL game day is like. Let him know he’s not too far away.

Wouldn’t you think with the VFL bye it’d be a good time to take him over as a traveling emergency? Show him what prep and AFL game day is like. Let him know he’s not too far away.
I would play him myself but I am not reading a lot into it at this stage. Maybe they feel he will benefit from a weekend off. They could have taken him for sure.

I remember North fans saying one of the main criticisms of Brad was not giving youngsters enough opportunities.

If we really are on an 8yr plan then you'd think Hayes would've been given a chance. Granted you want to be primed when you debut but not sure what else Hayes could be doing.

Couldve rested Heppell for Roberts as well.

I would play him myself but I am not reading a lot into it at this stage. Maybe they feel he will benefit from a weekend off. They could have taken him for sure.
There was definitely an opportunity to play him this week. They are going with Darling, Maric, Waterman and 2 rucks so we will be stretched for height….Maric would have been a good match up for him, same age and height more or less.

There was definitely an opportunity to play him this week. They are going with Darling, Maric, Waterman and 2 rucks so we will be stretched for height….Maric would have been a good match up for him, same age and height more or less.

Darling is 191, Waterman 192, Maric 196. Jack Williams is 198 but also only 20. All the rest of their forwards are < 188cm.

McKay at 202, Laverde 193, and Kelly 190, Redman 189, Dys 189, Martin 192 and then Cox 200.

Williams and Maric have a little height but are both quite young and relatively light so Laverde and Kelly / Redman should be able to handle it.

Darling is 191, Waterman 192, Maric 196. Jack Williams is 198 but also only 20. All the rest of their forwards are < 188cm.

McKay at 202, Laverde 193, and Kelly 190, Redman 189, Dys 189, Martin 192 and then Cox 200.

Williams and Maric have a little height but are both quite young and relatively light so Laverde and Kelly / Redman should be able to handle it.
Lav has been very, very ordinary and WCE have two young, light talls as you say. Great opportunity to “rest” Lav and reward Hayes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I highly doubt we are top 4 at end of year. If we do happen to make top 4 after end of this round, enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back