Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

and they will get another free leg up next year as well.

They should have moved to goldcoast!
they've already traded there 2024 assistance picks, clubs wont stand for another hand out on top of what they already got

So weird when Saints supporters have a go at North (or the Bulldogs or Gold Coast or Freo or whoever) for being irrelevant. We're as irrelevant as any club. Be careful if you find yourself siding with the big club agenda of hating North Melbourne, because if something was to happen to them then no doubt we'd be next up against the wall.
might want to go read this thread and see how many north posters are just there to rag on us

they've already traded there 2024 assistance picks, clubs wont stand for another hand out on top of what they already got

It'd be lunacy.

Draft picks are not and have never been an "instant" leg up.
At best a player is useful in his first year.
Players like Wilson are not the norm.

Essentially there is a pool of players, and someone has to pick first , so it goes to the bottom team.
All this other stuff is just bullshit that can be manipulated.

Message to the AFL.
KeepItSimpleStupid.

Windhager just needs a bit more work on his attacking game- can't just be a lock down defensive mid.
His tagging days are over, from memory he hasn’t done it at all this year. Building very nicely IMO.

I try not to read too much into what worked against one of the worst teams in recent times but at least it was a convincing win and not the slog fest/scrape over the line job last years win against them was.

Some other positives:

- I like that Wilson’s contested numbers are trending up because he has all the other tools.

- Windhager’s consistency is underrated. Pretty much going at 20+ every week. In time you’d think that would go up.

- Owens not great and still ends up with 9 contested possessions. Not sure if I’ve seen a more obvious move in my life than putting him in the middle yet here we are.

Looks like Steele is battling another knee injury again which is unfortunate.

So weird when Saints supporters have a go at North (or the Bulldogs or Gold Coast or Freo or whoever) for being irrelevant. We're as irrelevant as any club. Be careful if you find yourself siding with the big club agenda of hating North Melbourne, because if something was to happen to them then no doubt we'd be next up against the wall.

Disagree.

The AFL need us for their derision aspect, that underdog chance angle, the hard luck story as without us what do they have? Bog average meets "those with silver spoons up their arses"? How riveting... we're the most relevant club in the AFL, right up there with the "I have 47 flags, look at moi" options, as ying needs the yang to find balance.

Hawthorn winning today is definitely a good thing.

Wins release the pressure and losses add pressure. Like when the Dogs lost to Essendon and was the big story all week and we had a 5 day break, I was worried the Dogs would bounce back.

At a strategic level, them winning shows Ross what we need to do to beat them. They'll not make any drastic changes to the lineup or game plan after a win.
Don't mind this theory, but unfortunately the Hawks knocked off the Eagles by 120 points last year and then rolled into Marvel and knocked us off the next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

might want to go read this thread and see how many north posters are just there to rag on us

What's that quote about arguing with idiots? They'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

They're unhappy because they're in a never ending rebuild. We of all people should be able to have empathy for that. Just ignore them and they'll wander off.

Not bad for a terrible midfielder
Just a gun footballer in any position now. I would commit to playing him in the middle all year now.

It seems Pou and Owens are both a long way off being midfield stars. Sincs enables us to play the likes of Steele, Windy and Crouch through there when fit, without being too one paced.

Pinch hitting from Hill & Henry when required plus Wood and Wilson manning the wings. It's a nice looking combo.

Still have NAS creating from half back, and potentially Bonner if he limits the turnovers.

I try not to read too much into what worked against one of the worst teams in recent times but at least it was a convincing win and not the slog fest/scrape over the line job last years win against them was.

Some other positives:

- I like that Wilson’s contested numbers are trending up because he has all the other tools.

- Windhager’s consistency is underrated. Pretty much going at 20+ every week. In time you’d think that would go up.

- Owens not great and still ends up with 9 contested possessions. Not sure if I’ve seen a more obvious move in my life than putting him in the middle yet here we are.

If we had more mids I'm sure Steele would be rested/managed.

It was very evident at the game. I thought he could have had a handful of shots on goal through free kicks. Some of the umpires non calls last night were the worst I’ve seen, does holding the ball still exist?
Spot on
Some of THE worst off the ball holding
Sure, King didn’t help himself but geezus he had Corr on his back half the time
WTF is wrong with the state of umpires?

except for the 2 kicks where he tried to be cute and pinpoint a player which then caused 2 opposition goals.
Spot on - does this weekly and his media ex Hawk mates ignore it
In traffic his decision making is deer in headlights
Always nervous when he has it
NAS ? Never Sincs ? Nup
Headless chook Hill and Bonner ..

Some other positives:

Steele was assigned the taĝger for LDU. Where's the source? for his so- called knee trouble. Some fans banging on about Marshall & Steele being banged up. Where's the proof?

Well exactly.
You don’t make it to pick number 4 if you “don’t want it enough”.
Yes you do. When things come naturally to you, and you don't have to work as hard as others to have can effect, you don't need to want it, because in that environment you already have it.
when the environment changes, and having natural ability isn't enough, you then have to work harder
If you don't want to work harder,then it becomes clear that you do not want it enough.

Steele was assigned the taĝger for LDU. Where's the source? for his so- called knee trouble. Some fans banging on about Marshall & Steele being banged up. Where's the proof?
He’s gone from averaging over 28 touches a game to 19 the last two weeks with strapping all over his knee. Don’t need to be a rocket surgeon to work that one out.

Weve all been in furious agreement for ages that King needs a foil to help him not cop a double team every week, Hayes looks perfect for that, leads hard and drags defenders with him.
Here's one for you stats guru's.

It has pained me enormously that Big Jack had been out of action for basically 2 years.

Bad for him and also bad for Big Maxy.

Before Jack did his ACL in round 6 2022.......here's what big Max kicked when Jack was his foil.

In the 16 games after with no Jack.....big Maxy kicked 2 or more goals only 3 times.

Que some slight tears in my eyes.

:oops::oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back