Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I do understand what he was trying to say tbf. Nash has fairly poor foot skills and decision making compared to some of the naturally talented guys like Hustwaite that grow up playing the game. IF someone like Hustwaite could have the physical attributes and running capacity of Nash, there is no reason Nash should be playing over them. I think that was the point he was trying to make. FWIW he had a great game today though and firmly puts himself in the undroppable basket for another month
Nothing wrong with Nash's decision-making and his foot skills are better than they look (they look awful). His biggest weakness is that he is Birchall-like overhead. If he could take a contested mark overhead he would be a serious weapon. At the moment he is mainly a contested ball beast and super quick distributor.

Good result, some players getting into form was important but there's still much work to do.
I don't listen to Oppo presses ever, but I thought I give clarko's a look, he was complimentary of our game but more importantly, whatever happened or happens from here on in, I will always respect, appreciate and remember what that bloke did for us at his time at our club. I honestly hope he picks the Kangas up from here on and wins a fair share of their games. Absolute legend of the HFC ..
He gave the impression they were lucky to lose by 40 odd points. Not a whole lot to be positive about except for Curtis and Combden. Praised the way we played which was good to hear as alot of coaches make excuses for why they lost which Clarko didn't. Knows there's alot of work to do and it will be interesting how long he feels he can stick it out before it gets better.

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep logging out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families walking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.
Yep, agree 100% the place is a sh!t hole, took a mate from Sydney a mad Roosters fan, to Marvel on a Good Friday night then to the MCG on Easter Monday. Sitting there in awe at the stadium, he turns to me and asks, "why do you bother."

Moore is the spiritual captain of this side.

Heart and soul player. Must be inspirational watching the smallest player on the field crash into packs against the likes of Xerri in the middle.

Really loving Finn's work the last few weeks. Is actually doing some damage while negating an opposition. Sheezel had a lot of the ball but was ineffective.
I feel awful saying this but it feels as though he actually is our captain (the way he plays, leads by example and speaks to the media). Would not be surprised if he is our captain next year. It may even help Sic as it has looked as if the world is on his shoulders so far this year.

I love Sic to death and always will. He is an absolute superstar in full flight and the best defenders in the league. One of my favourite hawks to ever pull on the jumper.

Think this would be a good move though and similar to Sammy passing the torch to Hodgey a while back.

Yep, agree 100% the place is a sh!t hole, took a mate from Sydney a mad Roosters fan, to Marvel on a Good Friday night then to the MCG on Easter Monday. Sitting there in awe at the stadium, he turns to me and asks, "why do you bother."

$225 million improvements. Wow. The only improvement I see is no longer boarded up for improvements

Sam’s presser in a nutshell.

We had a ‘mare last week and everyone took it on board.

Our midfield is very much a work in progress but it helps when the experienced guys get their hands on the pill.

Ward is a long term Hawk who knows that, and did really well in the VFL.

We played another very young side this week, but as opposed to last week where we couldn’t win the contested footy, we beat North in that area, ramped our pressure up, and it went a long way to winning the game.

What compo do they beg for this year???

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Zurhaar band 1 could get pick 2 compo. Get ready for the secret herbs and spices!
Channel 9 Please GIF by The Block

Nothing wrong with Nash's decision-making and his foot skills are better than they look (they look awful). His biggest weakness is that he is Birchall-like overhead. If he could take a contested mark overhead he would be a serious weapon. At the moment he is mainly a contested ball beast and super quick distributor.
The speed of his handballs in close in incredible. Ran at 70% disposal efficiency from 32 touches, with 15 being contested and had 6 turnovers with 3 intercept possessions. Happy to take that type of game every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see it with Mitchell personally. But pleasantly suprised with Finns season. He's a clever lad and he is learning to play to his strengths more and more.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I see it in spades with Shammy!
We get games and confidence into him his run through middle will be such a weapon in the years to come!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam’s presser in a nutshell.

We had a ‘mare last week and everyone took it on board.

Our midfield is very much a work in progress but it helps when the experienced guys get their hands on the pill.

Ward is a long term Hawk who knows that, and did really well in the VFL.

We played another very young side this week, but as opposed to last week where we couldn’t win the contested footy, we beat North in that area, ramped our pressure up, and it went a long way to winning the game.

I think that was the most pleasing aspect we out hunterd the opposition. The first time we have won the tackle count all season. Inside 50 tackles 12-5 lead the way.

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep logging out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families walking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.
They did not expect a crowd of 30,000 plus. Their estimates somewhere between 23k and 25k max.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back