Oppo Camp Round 2 - The Other 8 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a clear a holding the ball as you can possibly get, umpire calls play on and deny Lions a shot at goal from 10 m out to hit the lead with 40 seconds to go. The Cats backman tookem on got swung around in the tackle incorrectly disposed of the ball. Ump says play on. Weak as water
Shocker of a non decision and the ump appeared to be in the perfect position.
I reckon the umpire choked in front of the feral pro Geelong crowd

Last edited:

Good game. Bris didn’t take their chances. Geelong noticeably tiring at the end.
well done ump at the end though, dropping the ball every day of the week.

Was anyone else disappointed that Joe Daniher didn't take advantage of the man on the mark rule, run his full distance and go for home? I love that he's no longer in an Essendon jumper anymore - can barrack for him.

I share most of your sentiments. However I don't think Joe is going to be the player Essendon fans once hoped. He's shaping as a massive disappointment cruelled by injuries in the spud region, and thats reason to not angst watching him wallow at Tullamarine if he was still there. I, like you, enjoy watching him now, and want nothing but the best for him.

dropping the ball every day of the week
There’s been a number of them not paid.
SPS on Thursday and one of our players too.
Must make an attempt if no prior and Blicavs did try to.
DHs like BT create all the hysteria and the AFL needs to come out and gives us explanations.
Found the laws will have a read

That game was absolutely gifted to Cats, so many holding the ball decisions not paid , two big calls cost Lions two goals
1st was a throw by Guthrie to Duckwood right in front of Cats goal, after being spun around twice in the tackle, second was the last
40 secs of game holding the ball incorrect disposal right in front of Lions goal, i have no idea what is going on with the correct ball disposal
the Cats were throwing the ball all game. Worst umpiring i have seen for a long time. Umpires should be help accountable for their decisions.

That game was absolutely gifted to Cats, so many holding the ball decisions not paid , two big calls cost Lions two goals
1st was a throw by Guthrie to Duckwood right in front of Cats goal, after being spun around twice in the tackle, second was the last
40 secs of game holding the ball incorrect disposal right in front of Lions goal, i have no idea what is going on with the correct ball disposal
the Cats were throwing the ball all game. Worst umpiring i have seen for a long time. Umpires should be help accountable for their decisions.

I thought it was interesting the commentators made the point after one incident that a lot of teams “through” the ball - but didn’t mention which.

WC are definitely one - I noticed many incidents in our final their last year.

I thought it was interesting the commentators made the point after one incident that a lot of teams “through” the ball - but didn’t mention which.

WC are definitely one - I noticed many incidents in our final their last year.
Did you see the two handed rugby pass by Duckwood , i think it was towards the end of the third quarter resulted in a behind to Hawkins but could have easily been another goal, i think some of these umpires have their eyeballs painted on their face coz they can't see for s**t when it suits them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Walker 😂

How the hell did the swans end up with Campbell and McDonald? Why wouldn't the Roos bid on Campbell, force the Swans to match with their first rounder and miss out on taking a second player within 6 picks?

I’m shocked nobody stormed the field! What a farce.

It was down in Geelong that's why.

Maybe that why the Ump did not call it as he knew what would happen after the Game ;)

How the hell did the swans end up with Campbell and McDonald? Why wouldn't the Roos bid on Campbell, force the Swans to match with their first rounder and miss out on taking a second player within 6 picks?

Because they Tanked in 2020? and North gifting them by going Phillips instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back