Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on the kid and a good feel good story but does he warrant selection above Clark , Paton or Bytel.
Anyway I hope he has a great game but I would be attempting to get game time to players who will be vital for us going forward.

Gold Coast are not going to be a walk over.

Anyway it will be good for his confidence.

Losing Higgins means we have to replace his output and with King missing as well we are going to have to try something outide the box.

I think Peris and Butler gives us a real pressure advantage and I expect to go for territory in the forward line and have a real focus on halving the contest and then defending the ball inside 50. If they go in tall it might make it a bit of a different dynamic.

Losing Higgins means we have to replace his output and with King missing as well we are going to have to try something outide the box.

I think Peris and Butler gives us a real pressure advantage and I expect to go for territory in the forward line and have a real focus on halving the contest and then defending the ball inside 50. If they go in tall it might make it a bit of a different dynamic.
Hope the kids a star but defensive pressure in the 2s is going to be a massive step up for a 69kg kid

If your life depended on winning the game , I would have Clark , Bytel , Paton in before him imo.
Ross plays to a structure. And that’s the position where we are lacking. None of the other three can play half/small defensive forward.
By all accounts he’s a tackler.
He played Caminiti and Stocker due to need so he’s not scared to try new players but I still don’t think he’d choose him just because he tries hard.

Curious about how we manage their height:

Witts (209cm)
Andrew (204cm)
King (202cm)
Casboult (199cm)
Ballard (196cm)
Lukosius (195cm)
Collins (194cm)

Sure is the tallest team I can remember us playing in recent memory. Meanwhile, we’re running with one of our shortest teams in recent memory.

The weather is suppose to be perfect so that won’t have an effect.

It’s either going to be beautiful watching our super quick players spread the ground (Sinclair, Nas, Peris, Butler, Wood, Byrnes, Gresh, Webster, Jones) or there will be a lot of complaints post match about our lack of an aerial contest.

This is the most likely Gold Coast have looked like beating us in years for a number of reasons, but we need to get the job done. I think we will win and I think it’ll be very entertaining particularly if we nail the style of play.

Does that mean Higgins didn’t get up
Struggling to put 2 and 2 together I see there chief. We will give you a few more hours to figure it out, any help just PM me am well schooled on life and could teach you a thing or two

Struggling to put 2 and 2 together I see there chief. We will give you a few more hours to figure it out, any help just PM me am well schooled on life and could teach you a thing or two
Baby Licking GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Ross plays to a structure. And that’s the position where we are lacking. None of the other three can play half/small defensive forward.
By all accounts he’s a tackler.
He played Caminiti and Stocker due to need so he’s not scared to try new players but I still don’t think he’d choose him just because he tries hard.
Well I hope Ross's structure works well because the weaker teams like WCE it was terrible and taking the lesser teams for granted might hurt us.
I'm pretty sure Windhager , Jones , Byrnes , Hill , Gresham , Butler , Paton , Clark can all fill a small forwards roll - anyway we played well last week with 3 players with injury so having him in the team should not hurt.

Witts (209cm)
Andrew (204cm)
King (202cm)
Casboult (199cm)
Ballard (196cm)
Lukosius (195cm)
Collins (194cm)

Sure is the tallest team I can remember us playing in recent memory. Meanwhile, we’re running with one of our shortest teams in recent memory.

It’s either going to be beautiful watching our super quick players spread the ground (Sinclair, Nas, Peris, Butler, Wood, Byrnes, Gresh, Webster, Jones) or there will be a lot of complaints post match about our lack of an aerial contest.

This is the most likely Gold Coast have looked like beating us in years for a number of reasons, but we need to get the job done. I think we will win and I think it’ll be very entertaining particularly if we nail the style of play.

We were never going to beat them with height with the players we have available so we may as well go all in and try to beat them with run and pace.

They will probably outmark us but hopefully we can outrun them.

We were never going to beat them with height with the players we have available so we may as well go all in and try to beat them with run and pace.

They will probably outmark us but hopefully we can outrun them.
We need to at least break even in the midfield and hopefully Steele has turned the corner with his form because we need him too.

Hope the kids a star but defensive pressure in the 2s is going to be a massive step up for a 69kg kid

Not necessarily, you see Butler taking down rucks. He's quick enough to catch anyone and then it's just some technique to latch on and not slip off. 90% of pressure is perceived anyway, you can get away with not actually tackling as long as you are rushing the player kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily, you see Butler taking down rucks. He's quick enough to catch anyone and then it's just some technique to latch on and not slip off. 90% of pressure is perceived anyway, you can get away with not actually tackling as long as you are rushing the player kicking.
Butlers (81kg)got 12kg on the kid - a hell of a difference - anyway having him play will not make or break us.

Witts (209cm)
Andrew (204cm)
King (202cm)
Casboult (199cm)
Ballard (196cm)
Lukosius (195cm)
Collins (194cm)

If they can move the ball fast they will stretch us, we need to make everything a contest and a scrap. No clean ball and heaps of pressure on every disposal. Talls can keep the ball off you in a kick mark game. If it gets played out at ground level they can be a liability.

Wonder if they have him as a key forward.
You’d have to think so?
Battle back in defence. Hill back on the wing.
Forward/Ruck?
Caminiti, Owens, Sharman, Peris…
That’s a very inexperienced forward line 😬

Marshall (Ruck) 201 cm
then its

Caminiti (Only tall forward) 196cm
Sharman (pretend tall forward/2nd ruck) 193 cm
Mason Wood (winger - pretend tall forward 192cm)

+ our delivery i50 = disaster
…and the options right now are?

You’d have to think so?
Battle back in defence. Hill back on the wing.
Forward/Ruck?
Caminiti, Owens, Sharman, Peris…
That’s a very inexperienced forward line 😬
If they can win this game and get a few goals it will give them a big lift in there confidence - Owens hopefully will have a big game.

Heath 203 cm
Forgot about him, but if we’re not selecting him he must not be ready you’d think?
Otherwise, why wouldn’t they?

Forgot about him, but if we’re not selecting him he must not be ready you’d think?
Otherwise, why wouldn’t they?
I didn’t think Peris was ready
Would’ve had Heath ahead of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back