Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason Wood as a forward - didn't work at North, doesn't work with the Saints.

Hill and Battle a couple of good inclusions for us.

Good to see Peris get a chance too, with no Higgins and Billings he was the next best option for us, hopefully he makes it tough for them to get back in.

windy was named at CHB last week
Reckon he'll play mostly wing with Sharman forward. I guess we'll see.
Wood played forward a fair bit last week after King went off.

You'd expect Hill, Byrnes to spend most of their time on the wings. Sharman will play forward a bit, but I see him exactly like Wood - never has been, never will be a key forward.

With this forward line - the delivery inside F50 will need to improve - quickly and dramatically!!!

We'll be ok I reckon

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

Need to make a bit of a statement next few weeks against these lower sides if we are serious about Sept

Imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s see how he goes, ultimately he’ll need more than pace but the vfl can be a very scrappy affair at times. He’s been finding more of ball this year and he’s a willing tackler, i think he‘ll be fine. Giving him a taste at senior level can only be good for the kid and club if they see him as afl standard.
From my training observations he seems like a terrific, respectful young guy who is very keen to learn and improve. He has speed and can tackle. Still learning to read the game and skills so so.

Given injuries we probably need to go small up forward and bring the pressure. He will play a role - just don’t expect too many possessions or tricks. A junior Butler probably without the impact.

Anyway, best of luck - go well!

From my training observations he seems like a terrific, respectful young guy who is very keen to learn and improve. He has speed and can tackle. Still learning to read the game and skills so so.

Given injuries we probably need to go small up forward and bring the pressure. He will play a role - just don’t expect too many possessions or tricks. A junior Butler probably without the impact.

Anyway, best of luck - go well!
Yep, run hard and tackle everything, son.

Love a debut.
Good luck Jack!
( With a name like that, ’twas never in doubt 🤣)
Good on the kid and a good feel good story but does he warrant selection above Clark , Paton or Bytel.
Anyway I hope he has a great game but I would be attempting to get game time to players who will be vital for us going forward.

Gold Coast are not going to be a walk over.

Anyway it will be good for his confidence.

Good on the kid and a good feel good story but does he warrant selection above Clark , Paton or Bytel.
Anyway I hope he has a great game but I would be attempting to get game time to players who will be vital for us going forward.

If we’re looking to replace Higgins he’s probably the better option?

If we’re looking to replace Higgins he’s probably the better option?
I feel they are just giving the kid a run due to his effort - hope he kills it - but giving him a game for the sake of it is not really what we should be doing - knowing Higgins and Billings will snuff out any chance of the kid getting a game in the future I suppose it was his chance for a debut.

We'll be ok I reckon

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

Need to make a bit of a statement next few weeks against these lower sides if we are serious about Sept

Imo

The positive part of me says that Ross Lyon likes to work his players hard in heavy training blocks and we might be coming out of the cycle....but the negative part looks at that patchwork list and wonders how the **** we are going to win enough matches to pay finals.

I'm dipping my toes into the positivity pool this year. So far it's been shithouse, like walking over a lawn covered in dog turds barefoot. If the season falls over at least I get back into my comfort zone.

I feel they are just giving the kid a run due to his effort - hope he kills it - but giving him a game for the sake of it is not really what we should be doing - knowing Higgins and Billings will snuff out any chance of the kid getting a game in the future I suppose it was his chance for a debut.
You really think Ross will give him a game if he’s not deserving? I highly doubt it.

Bytel is much muchness in mid, changes nothing dynamically, Paton is arguably a failed sub, has lost his mojo and Hunter is coming off an injury and we need a forward lest we use some mids as forward or rely on Gresh to actually perform in F50 consistently which I don't see happening frankly.

Right time and place.

I'm seeing it as a throw back to when we played Higgins Long and Butler where Higgins was the leader, Butler the pressure and Long the contested one, with no Higgins this week and just Butler, this shifts Peris to contested pressure and Butler to the key small forward post for entry and crumb instead of either or as the senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back