VFL Round 15, 2018: Sandringham v Geelong - TBBO, Sunday 15th July, 2:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Trig, but I reckon we are gonna trade back in to draft. Expect a Dunstan/Ross type to be traded out, as well as 1 of Longer/Hickey if they can get anything decent for them
You honestly think we’re going to make one of the worst midfields in the comp even worse by trading one of those two?

You honestly think we’re going to make one of the worst midfields in the comp even worse by trading one of those two?

I certainly would because I think we are worse when they all play together. It’s got to the stage that they have sent Ross back as all the slow mids in the middle just doesn’t work. And Clark will be ready for more midfield time next season as will gresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly would because I think we are worse when they all play together. It’s got to the stage that they have sent Ross back as all the slow mids in the middle just doesn’t work. And Clark will be ready for more midfield time next season as will gresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree the balance is horrific but if they’re good enough they can take those spots off them. Very dangerous game to play when you just assume young guys will be better and gift them the spot. Ross just won a BnF for us as well, reminds me of a few years ago when everyone wanted to trade Steven.

IOVMwgZ.png

uRBO8uJ.png

Obviously we are playing the long game with Clav; but that's an impressive game by Constable.

Clav would want to turn into pretty good player as constable would be in our best 22 at the moment. I was fist pumping saying yes constable hes ours. Then trout stepped in ******* asswipe.

Don't go silly.
Talls take a bit longer but there are also less of them, and especially with Roberton's career under a cloud, he could be very very useful.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/3ffdb8209092d76782a7cc58d22a8f23

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-17/the-plan-b-for-clubs-that-miss-out-on-jake-lever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen him play. What type is he and what is a nice rose coloured glasses projection?

Last year I saw him very much as a Rory Laird type. Very quick , great runner great skills.very well rounded. It seems there developing as an inside mid which I think is great. Can kick both sides. I think he’ll be able to come in an pick up the speed very quickly. He has great balance and I think is a little bigger then his listed height

I haven't seen him play. What type is he and what is a nice rose coloured glasses projection?

I reckon you'll like him Marlo, he's got a bit of campaigner about him by the look of it. I remember this interview where he says he can't stand a team mate and compares himself to Brett Delidio and Calum Mills. Still reckon he looks like 19 year old Richo though.

http://taccup.com.au/afl-draft-watch-ben-paton/

Two years ago (in the first year he was eligible to get drafted) he was playing in the middle for Murray Bushies, but didn't do well enough to get drafted, and then last year he went around again at 19yo, and was switched to defence and was far better.

So much so that he played for Vic Country a number of times and went so well there that he made the AA team at the champs.

Is a good size, at 186cm, and has a muscular type athletic build. Is genuinely quick (around 1.95sec over 20m) and is a very good kick of the footy, on both feet. He is seriously dual-sided, like Hunter. So much so that he'll be kicking in from full back, play on, and kick it on his left foot, if he's running out to the left pocket.

As stated above, it seems pretty clear that we think he can play in the middle though (where we would obviously like his speed and kicking, and I think he might be pretty tough as well), so I think that's where he's spent most of his time at Sandy.

Seems he can play middle, wing, down back (especially in a rebounding type role) and maybe even up forward, so he's genuinely versatile.

Had we been playing him down back (where he went so well last year) for Sandy, he may well have debuted already, but playing him predominantly in a role he hadn't gone so well in previously has probably reduced his chances/likelihood of getting a game sooner- but may of course make him better/more rounded in the long term.

I guess the ideal outcome is that he ends up being perhaps a poor-mans version of what we wished Freeman would become if he reached his full potential, but with more versatility and better kicking.

Otherwise, maybe a dual-sided and tougher version of Savage, with perhaps better defensive capabilities.

Last edited:
I’ve listened to some of the emerging stars podcasts and Hamill said he’s been playing as an inside mid. Mentions they like him pushing back to help out the defence then use his run and kicking to get it out of there. Hopefully that’s the plan for him instead of another half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back