Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries undoubtedly playing a big part in selection

But so too the form of young and fringe players brought in… this has given the coaching group confidence

• Squad rotation
  • giving young and fringe players a go to find out more about them
  • planning for life after some senior players retire

this is exactly what I’ve been preaching since the 0-3 start.

Feel vindicated when some of the contrarians on here were adamant otherwise

Confident this weeks debutants will be sound

Great to see Wil debuting so early, shows he's adapted quickly.

Was announced as joining Collingwood on Feb 20 this year.

Played his first VFL game April 21, exactly one month ago today.

Lot of people here pretending to have an inside source today 😮‍💨
Snoop Korean Drama GIF by Netflix K-Content

Was announced as joining Collingwood on Feb 20 this year.

Played his first VFL game April 21, exactly one month ago today.

We plucked John Noble out of nowhere and pretty much plonked him straight into the team. That worked out OK. Hopefully Parker will too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will you be going to the game Mark?

yes, which reminds me that I need to look at the weather.

Its strange but i bought tickets a couple of months ago and there were mainly isolated singles left...and then i looked last week and there were a lot of spots. Ticket selling at footy is very strange.

yes, which reminds me that I need to look at the weather.

Its strange but i bought tickets a couple of months ago and there were mainly isolated singles left...and then i looked last week and there were a lot of spots. Ticket selling at footy is very strange.
Same.

Initially I was looking for 2 together and found it difficult, then last week looked again and there was plenty haha

But so too the form of young and fringe players brought in… this has given the coaching group confidence

• Squad rotation

This is nothing like a vindication of what you were proposing which was wholesale change for the sake of it. It was those very same senior players you were suggesting make way who managed to turn our season around. As many of us suggested at the time, the kids will get their opportunities and here we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Squad rotation

@Mollythedolly… timely mocking of my comment

You’re precisely the contrarian fool I was referring to

Yes, hard to imagine it possible for ANYONE to be dropped when we need all hands on deck. Especially a Premiership player. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Scary times, I don't know, could be getting ahead of myself but I keep thinking Markov might have the possibility of getting delisted at the end of the year

This is nothing like a vindication of what you were proposing which was wholesale change for the sake of it. It was those very same senior players you were suggesting make way who managed to turn our season around. As many of us suggested at the time, the kids will get their opportunities and here we are.

More spin than Shane Warne.

Bringing in the the fringe players and the kids was hardly the disaster you claimed it would be.

Their presence has refreshed the squad, put selection pressure on and galvanised the group as a whole…

and we’ve learned that in several roles the depth is capable

So jog on

You definitely are getting ahead of yourself.
Yeah I probably am, he just isn't in the same form that he was in last year and only got a year contract extension at the end of last year. Really hope he doesn't, he's my favourite player by far. Maybe I need to learn to not get too attached:huh:

Yeah I probably am, he just isn't in the same form that he was in last year and only got a year contract extension at the end of last year. Really hope he doesn't, he's my favourite player by far. Maybe I need to learn to not get too attached:huh:
He's one of my faves too. I think his run & dash & other pressure acts are still valuable to us.

With a bubba on the way, he & his partner may have other plans for next year anyway.

He's one of my faves too. I think his run & dash & other pressure acts are still valuable to us.

With a bubba on the way, he & his partner may have other plans for next year anyway.
Thats something to ponder I think.. His partner is also from GC and Markov mentioned about wanting to move back there after footy is finished.
With the baby on the way, does she want to be near her family?

Thats something to ponder I think.. His partner is also from GC and Markov mentioned about wanting to move back there after footy is finished.
With the baby on the way, does she want to be near her family?
You’re a long time retired . Most players and partners will understand that, and the money that comes with afl football. The longer you last the better you are setting up your future.

That said I think markov is here for a good time not a long time but I still think he’ll be on our list next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back