Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our midfield will be okay. Pendles, Naicos, Sullivan, Crisp, Jaicos & Lippa to help out. If Beau plays, he might get a few minutes in the midfield too.

Goals are going to be the issue. Id rest Nick forward so he can kick 3.
Checkers sounds like he will play and will straighten us up. De Goey out is annoying. Cox needs to be better. Midfield is going very well.

I think our midfield will be okay. Pendles, Naicos, Sullivan, Crisp, Jaicos & Lippa to help out. If Beau plays, he might get a few minutes in the midfield too.

Goals are going to be the issue. Id rest Nick forward so he can kick 3.
If Jordy is out, Schultz to play deep forward and kick 4.

Still undecided on this one. It really could go either way. With Moore in goals he really is an imposing figure. If it goes to pens I fancy our chances. De Goey from 12 yards is clutch, as is Mihocek. I think we could shade it after extra time. Either way, football will be the real winner.

Sydney dismantled Freo over there 2 weeks ago with swarming tackling pressure which rendered their ball use and goal scoring to a useless level

They did, but if Freo capitalised on their early dominance that game may have set itself up differently.... At least for a start anyway. The McCarthy stuff definitely didn't help them in that game either.

They did, but if Freo capitalised on their early dominance that game may have set itself up differently.... At least for a start anyway. The McCarthy stuff definitely didn't help them in that game either.
It felt to me like a lot of the close ones we’ve had since 2022. The key difference was Fremantle’s horrendous goal kicking which killed any momentum they could have built. On the flow of the match it should have been a tight one, IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Beau, Checkers, Allan
OUT: Reef, De Goey, WHE

Sub: Allan

Basically what it will most likely be

It seems Checkers and Beau are ready to go which is a massive relief

Considering both Sullivan and Bytel debuted as the sub the I don’t think it’s something the club is too concerned about.

And Joe Richards did not debut as sub. Bytel was not his AFL debut. And Sullivan is 26 and was an SSP player. I guess we will have to wait and see but I feel like it's against Fly's ethos to leave a kid sitting on the bench.

Did Fly confirm they’re good to go? That’s great news if so. I must say Friday feels like a 50/50 at best with all of these injuries.
Bring tackling pressure and the Freo game plan melts. We know we can tackle and pressure well

IN: Beau, Checkers, Allan
OUT: Reef, De Goey, WHE

Sub: Allan
agree and think they'll roll with these changes

but IMV we need another tall'er option forward.

Checkers is back from a hammy and i imagine they'll want to restrict his absolute minutes - 6 day break into the next game and it's a big track over in perth - so need to avoid running him into the ground on his first game back.

i'd play AJ out of the square. he's form in the vfl over the last month, both as KPD & KPF, has been reasonably good. he's certainly been trying to work on 2nd & 3rd efforts so i'd reward him. and more specifically, think we need another tall target forward of the ball. if Checkers is given extended minutes on the bench, then at least you have Cox & AJ as taller targets

pre-Checkers & Elliott injuries we had, Cox, Checkers, WHE (3) + Elliott from the square.
post Checkers & Elliott injuries we had, Cox, Reef, WHE (3) + Bobby (or JDG last week) from the square.

this week, it looks like we'll have Cox & Checkers supported by a fleet of smalls. like i say, i'd lean towards AJ's inclusion and playing him out of the goal square. reckon he could do some damage for us.

if not, i'd trust him to go back and play as 3rd tall defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back