Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Carlton game in Nuremberg, the West Coast game in Split and the Adelaide game in Dubrovnik.

Life is good.
Just make sure you're still on top of things at the Pies. You turned our season around when you called in from Crete to tell them to tackle more and catch each others handballs.

You don't pick players for any other reason than they earned their position on form. Any other reason makes a farce of the selection process.
Correct. We’re not picking AJ for the sake of it or because it’s Indigenous round. He earns his spot like every other player.

You don't pick players for any other reason than they earned their position on form. Any other reason makes a farce of the selection process.
Or everyone is injured and you think he's the best available for the role you need to fill. Which would be the case if either Kruegs or AJ get picked.

Or everyone is injured and you think he's the best available for the role you need to fill. Which would be the case if either Kruegs or AJ get picked.
Clearly, if someone is the best available you select them. The person I was responding too initially made no such qualifications.

The same WCoast that just spanked Melbourne you mean?

You’re missing by the point.
Giving Allan a run at Macrae’s expense risks very little because Macrae isn’t really having much impact in any of his matches, aside from getting on the end of a few versus West Coast. Whether he plays or not will have no bearing on the final result, so let’s give Allan a debut in familiar surroundings, in front of his family and friends. We might just learn something new, as we have done recently with Richards and Sullivan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

These days they pick players based on their ability to play the role the club want's them to. If that were the case, Fin would be playing seniors for the last 2 years. You can get 100 disposals a week in the VFL but if you aren't doing the things they expect and want you to do, they won't get picked. It's time to embrace modern football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. So, reasons like it is Indigenous Round or being played in a player's home state are ridiculous reasons for selecting a player.
Except when the only thing holding a player back is between his ears and giving him an opportunity to succeed in front of friends and family might do the trick

That’s a few years away. Happy for Pendles to retire in 2025 with 4 flags and the games record, then go coach Tassie :p
If Pendles ends up head coach somewhere that lucky team might end up being Pies supporters "second" team. Therefore Pendles, please do not coach Carlton, Melbourne, Essendon, Hawthorn or Geelong.

It would be the case if Kreugs also got injured and AJ was the only man left standing but that is currently not the case. If I was Kreuger and AJ was picked ahead of me this week, I would hire an RV and commute between the houses of the selectors, setting up a picket out front of each of them, and make as big a nuisance as possible of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back