Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are confusing being tall with playing tall. Take Hawk premiership player Grant Birchall, 194 cm tall as well. Played as a running half back flank. So why are Birchall and McInnes not considered talls where Checkers is? It’s how they play. Birchall and McInnes aren’t strong overhead, they don’t take contested marks or pack marks. Their strengths lie elsewhere. Reef is a good leading forward, leads fast, at the ball carrier, knows when to lead. Reef has xlnt recovery, is a very good snap. But taking big strong pack marks like Travis Cloke or Checkers just isn’t his thing…

Spot on.

At the other end of the spectrum, Jamie Elliott plays tall, despite being only 178cm. He leaps high and marks the ball at full extension.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TGG, I hate to rain on your parade here. But I am not sure your testicles are enough of an offering to get the club to change tack here.

I mean, as we all know, the prime age for a guy is exactly 32 years of age. After that time, a guy is on an accelerating downhill slope towards physical, mental, and especially sexual dissolution.

My better half for example is 36, but watching him trying to get his sexy groove on, it is kind of like watching a 58 year old Roger Moore as James Bond trying to sell being alluring to Grace Jones in a View to a Kill. Equal parts endearing and sad.

And beyond that age there comes the signs of complete decay; jathanas calves ; perverse food dislikes about pineapple, white tracksuit pants, feuds with your bin lady.

Not to say you can't play a role. I mean, we can cruise for hot undergrads, you driving, a hint of George Clooney silver fox, sophisticated and reassuring, while the stallion beside you gets to seal the deal. You can be my teaser pony. But once again, not sure your testicles are really necessary there.

So think of something else to give the club to signal your sincerity. I find cash works, as it does for most things.*

*my cover rates are very reasonable. special costumes are extra, poa. No weirdos.

Just on pineapple, something I shared with your 36 yo better half.

There's 2 kinds of people in the world.

Those who like pineapple on pizza (this my dear friend, is the category you and the Brighton boy fall in), and people with good taste.

1716114702447.png

Quick hands to give Pendles a perfect HB that he then gave and got back from JDG for a goal in the first QTR.
And great hands to recover in a marking contest to HB to Pendles who then passed to JDG I50 for a goal.
Shouting to Crisp he was being chased down, making Crisp duck and HB to ND to set up the JDG goals.

Just 3 moments in Finn’s performance you missed.
3 moments does not a game make. I am actually more swayed by Jen's pressure act post which did mention actions that were not obvious on TV.

I’d go with…

OUT: Hoskin-Elliott, McInnes, Macrae
IN: Kreuger, McCreery, Allan

Macrae had a good game against WCoast but hasn’t given a yelp against quality opposition.

Giving Allan a run in Macrae’s place really isn’t risking much at all and might just deliver a pleasant surprise.

I was a little worried about his groin yesterday. But I have no intel 😆 just my own observation. Slotting that goal made me a tad more confident.
He tried to kick one from 70. It can't have been feeling too bad.

On that, can someone ban IQ from taking long bombs at goal - I don't think I've seen him get close in his last 30 attempts.

Looks a bit more built than what I recall.

While I like the inclusion of Allan, I think he would need to replace a mid (not a tall). So while it would be exciting to see how he goes, I would like to give the current mob a few more games to see what they can do.

Would love to be proven wrong, he goes, plays and is a stand out - however, I don't think he will at this stage be any better than the New 4 or 5. So for me it is a no, but wt.. do I know

With WHE out, Lipinski could return to his F50-mid role and free up a wing for Allan..... in theory.

I’d go with…

OUT: Hoskin-Elliott, McInnes, Macrae
IN: Kreuger, McCreery, Allan

Macrae had a good game against WCoast but hasn’t given a yelp against quality opposition.

Giving Allan a run in Macrae’s place really isn’t risking much at all and might just deliver a pleasant surprise.

The same WCoast that just spanked Melbourne you mean?

He tried to kick one from 70. It can't have been feeling too bad.

On that, can someone ban IQ from taking long bombs at goal - I don't think I've seen him get close in his last 30 attempts.

It's something I hope he works on because he can be a beautiful long kick and he does get opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TGG, I hate to rain on your parade here. But I am not sure your testicles are enough of an offering to get the club to change tack here.

I mean, as we all know, the prime age for a guy is exactly 32 years of age. After that time, a guy is on an accelerating downhill slope towards physical, mental, and especially sexual dissolution.

My better half for example is 36, but watching him trying to get his sexy groove on, it is kind of like watching a 58 year old Roger Moore as James Bond trying to sell being alluring to Grace Jones in a View to a Kill. Equal parts endearing and sad.

And beyond that age there comes the signs of complete decay; jathanas calves ; perverse food dislikes about pineapple, white tracksuit pants, feuds with your bin lady.

Not to say you can't play a role. I mean, we can cruise for hot undergrads, you driving, a hint of George Clooney silver fox, sophisticated and reassuring, while the stallion beside you gets to seal the deal. You can be my teaser pony. But once again, not sure your testicles are really necessary there.

So think of something else to give the club to signal your sincerity. I find cash works, as it does for most things.*

*my cover rates are very reasonable. special costumes are extra, poa. No weirdos.
1716118313761.jpeg

It's not vague actually. It's a minor vascular issue. It's not significant. It's very treatable. He's on a modified training programme. They were Wade's words.

You're insinuating that he's lying..based on your gut feel.
I’m not saying he’s lying.

Do you think the club tells you the full story about player injuries? No. That exists between a very small network within the club which nobody on here is part of. I said there’s more to the story than is being let on and that is very likely.

Quick hands to give Pendles a perfect HB that he then gave and got back from JDG for a goal in the first QTR.
And great hands to recover in a marking contest to HB to Pendles who then passed to JDG I50 for a goal.
Shouting to Crisp he was being chased down, making Crisp duck and HB to ND to set up the JDG goals.

Just 3 moments in Finn’s performance you missed.
He's got really clean hands - all our newbies do actually - I suspect they do a heap of work with the development team.

He's going to have to develop though, as he's not as strong in the contest as the rest of the team.

I'm still struggling to see what his role is going to be moving forward. He's not going to be a Mitchell in and under inside mid.

They’re all additive stats - I gave you the 3 important moments that led to goals.
Now that you’ve got the PA have you changed your mind about his contribution?
I haven't really changed my mind about not seeing him do anything, but am prepared to accept he had a role that I missed of nullifying the best Adelaide mids.

Out: WHE, Reef, Macrae
In: Allen, Krueger, McCreery

-Allen to replace WHE in a Wing/Fwd role
  • Krueger to replace Reef and provide some much needed height.
  • McCreery to play through the midfield and rotate FWD

Potentially could stick with Macrae, would be good to provide him with 3 opportunities in a row

I watched the wet toast game in Tokyo, the 2nd half of Snowtown barrel mob in Budapest from 7.30am. next week I'll be on a train from Vienna to Prague. Hopefully they have free wi fi...
My oldest daughter BF gifted me free VPN!
Pies on the road in Europe..
I watched the Carlton game in Nuremberg, the West Coast game in Split and the Adelaide game in Dubrovnik.

Life is good.

I’m not saying he’s lying.

Do you think the club tells you the full story about player injuries? No. That exists between a very small network within the club which nobody on here is part of. I said there’s more to the story than is being let on and that is very likely.
Correct. They don't tell everybody everything...

...except to you, apparently 🙄

Croatia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. You are a very lucky man
Agree.

Everyone who can should make an effort to come here. It’s spectacular, the people are friendly and the seafood is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back