Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not recognise your own exaggeration? You wrote it!

Let me quote it for you, “He would feel this is the last chance to re-establish himself as a senior player worthy of a new contract.
Yep. That's what I believe. You may not jmac. That's your right.

Yep. That's what I believe. You may not jmac. That's your right.
No, that’s saying how you think someone else would feel, without knowing them at all.

Have you considered he may want to get back into the AFL side?

No, that’s saying how you think someone else would feel, without knowing them at all.

Have you considered he may want to get back into the AFL side?
Please? Do you just hover over your keyboard looking to argue and contradict? It's so tiresome. I often imagine how a player might feel after a string of bad performances or a boxer might feel as he enters the ring against a fearsome opponent. I might be wrong in my assessment but it is simply my opinion. I should have written I imagine he would feel but even then you would have pounced. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I am sure he will be feeling pressure next time he is selected in the seniors. Batsmen who have had a run of outs in test cricket and then get a reprieve after being axed would feel the same pressure. How is that not a fair assessment of a player's mind set?

What has wanting a chance to redeem himself got to do with feeling the pressure to perform? I've no doubt he wants to play senior footy again.

Please? Do you just hover over your keyboard looking to argue and contradict? It's so tiresome. I often imagine how a player might feel after a string of bad performances or a boxer might feel as he enters the ring against a fearsome opponent. I might be wrong in my assessment but it is simply my opinion. I should have written I imagine he would feel but even then you would have pounced. It's just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I am sure he will be feeling pressure next time he is selected in the seniors. Batsmen who have had a run of outs in test cricket and then get a reprieve after being axed would feel the same pressure. How is that not a fair assessment of a player's mind set?

What has wanting a chance to redeem himself got to do with feeling the pressure to perform? I've no doubt he wants to play senior footy again.
You said, “He would feel this is the last chance to re-establish himself as a senior player worthy of a new contract.”

That’s made up BS.

Just knowing he has genuine pace and a heart as big as his body is a huge plus. He also seemed poised and calm every time he got his hands on the pill. His decision making was outstanding.
As good a debut as I can remember for us, albeit unfair to compare him to an 18yo, but still. Did everything right.

Number 1 pressure player on the ground, I think he keeps his role and we play either Schultz or Mcreery on ball. Will hold us in good stead long term getting them exposure in those positions as well. Our midfield is where all the age is, we need more players to rotate through.

Imagine the pressure on AJ if he is selected. He would feel this is the last chance to re-establish himself as a senior player worthy of a new contract.

We need a marking target so he very well may be the man for the job. Doesn't have to do anything outrageous, except compete and apply some pressure. He's more than capable as we know.

I'll be happy to win by a goal this week and get through unscathed.

Schulz gets a chance to be the focal point and I think he'll have a good game. Anything from the 'newish' guys will be a bonus.

We're going to be stretched down back. Maynard and IQ need to handle Rankine and Fogerty.

Tex gives the crows a heartbeat and if he's got Frampton's number he will grow a leg. So unless Billy has beaten Tex (game or training) I'd use Moore. Not ideal for Moore but Tex needs to be contained.

Crows mids are clearly a better group than WCE so Naicos, Crisp and Pendles need to keep the intensity up.

Age seems to have caught up with tex this season. Huge chance for Frammers to get hold of him. Fogarty is hitting form and Rankine is dangerous in his onball/forward role. IQ is a great matchup for him.

For being our best VFL player on a consistent basis.

Elliott is gone for longer than one week, and De Goey is in the same boat as Mitchell. Pay more attention
more attention to what? every I said was accurate given club information at time of post, PAY MORE Atttention..

Last edited:
And? The rest of the team spudded it up that game, including 3 players who came in to the senior side and impacted this past weekend, so your point isn’t really valid.
likewise, the team didnt spud it up just lost control , probably thru fatigue in last qtr palying on that shithole mudheap, Dean had luxury of playing whole game on the dry weeds

Well he is in form going by his last fortnight. He has already played senior footy this season, which would indicate the club thinks he's ready, and considering we have lost Howe for a few weeks, there is a role for him....So for me that's ✅✅✅️......
Howe was playing at Half forward ... so for me Dean is not a replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean has been good the past couple of weeks. I love how people like to bag this guy, considering he's coming back from not playing footy for practically 2 years due to his foot issue. I would consider he's looking very promising considering how far back he's coming from ....
Elliott is gone for 3 weeks, l wouldn't be surprised if its more 4 to 5 weeks, considering his training is modified for the next 3 weeks.
DeGoey completed a 10km running session, so you would say he's 70 to 75% as of today to return, same for Mitchell....
When he wins at least a single One on One contest , i may start to believe, but as a tall defender he is only 75% of what is required, he may learn the rest , but not in the AFL side thanks... We need a backup to Billy that can take on the oppo monster KPF, not another Madgen.

Last edited:
The Eagles backline played very well Ithought given the barrage they were under, and they did hqve Mcgovern and Barras - two of the best top 20 defenders in eth league ...
Agree. However, I'm worried about this coming match though. Hopefully Bobby is on. As we will be going in with a weak forward line again and that absolute dominance that our mids and defenders had over WCE is very unlikely to be repeated.

He "MAY" be promising .. but that doesnt mean he gets promoted to AFL side... we dont play promising players, we play players that fit the role , can play the role, demonstrate that in teh VFL and are ready and in form.
The reality is we'll be two talls down on our preferred structure this week if we don't bring in a tall, so he'll be at least discussed as an option or as insurance this week.

When he wins at least a single One on One contest , i may start to believe, but as a tall defender he is only 75% of what is required, he may learn the rest , but not in the AFL side thanks... We need a backup to Billy that can take on the oppo monster KPF, not another Madgen.

You obviously don't watch much VFL

We need a marking target so he very well may be the man for the job. Doesn't have to do anything outrageous, except compete and apply some pressure. He's more than capable as we know.
He's capable of kicking extraordinary goals and taking spectacular marks on an inconsistent basis but I'm yet to see evidence that he can apply pressure. That's always been his Achilles Heel

Nothing wrong with The Madge. A great foot soldier in the army. The last half dozen games he played as a forward in the VFL side were more than passable, too. Could possibly have turned himself into a Checkers-like forward-option-convert.

RIP The Madgestic One!

Lol likewise . try watching a game occasionally . he is a spud

Do you mean at AFL level or VFL level?

Because as one of Dean’s biggest advocates, I admit at AFL level he was not very good. But to write him off on those two performances would be a bit premature to say the least

Kid hadn’t really played any football to that point (outside a couple of VFL games) in 2 years and we threw him to the wolves in a side that was playing poorly across the board. Particularly defensively.

Seems kind of unfair to judge him on that

At VFL level? Again, seems fine so far. Particularly given how few matches he’s actually played in 2 seasons

Reckon you’re going a tad quick and harsh on Dean

Assuming he doesn’t get injured again for a while, if he’s still not showing much by year’s end then you may have more of a case

Do you mean at AFL level or VFL level?

Because as one of Dean’s biggest advocates, I admit at AFL level he was not very good. But to write him off on those two performances would be a bit premature to say the least

Kid hadn’t really played any football to that point (outside a couple of VFL games) in 2 years and we threw him to the wolves in a side that was playing poorly across the board. Particularly defensively.

Seems kind of unfair to judge him on that

At VFL level? Again, seems fine so far. Particular given how few matches he’s actually played in 2 seasons

Reckon you’re going a tad quick and harsh on Dean

Assuming he doesn’t get injured again for a while, if he’s still not showing much by year’s end then you may have more of a case
I prefer to judge him on his 25 disposals and 14 marks last week. He's going to be a very good player

I prefer to judge him on his 25 disposals and 14 marks last week. He's going to be a very good player

I personally prefer a larger body of work.

Players can have one off great/terrible performances that belie their standard

Kinda like my hyper focus on Sidebottom. Many will look at the West Coast game and claim he’s back. I’d prefer to see him string a bunch of performances together before proclaiming that.

Because across the season, the West Coast game is the outlier. The West Coast game was almost closer to 2018 Steele. While it’s probably unrealistic to expect to ever see 2018 Steele again, what we got on Sunday is a more than acceptable replacement in 2024

I personally prefer a larger body of work.

Players can have one off great/terrible performances that belie their standard

Kinda like my hyper focus on Sidebottom. Many will look at the West Coast game and claim he’s back. I’d prefer to see him string a bunch of performances together before proclaiming that.

Because across the season, the West Coast game is the outlier. The West Coast game was almost closer to 2018 Steele. While it’s probably unrealistic to expect to ever see 2018 Steele again, what we got on Sunday is a more than acceptable replacement in 2024
He just needs as many games as possible. He will be good though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back