Game Day Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t ask me why but we will beat Port today.
North will beat Bombers too.
You heard it here first.
I was looking at my tips earlier and had this weird feeling that all 3 games today would be upsets.

That would be just about the only way beating Port today could be overshadowed for the media narrative this week. Having North and Eagles get upsets too.

If we win today or just get pretty close to having a chance the narrative will have changed a lot from Those earlier rounds. Gold Coast and swans pumped us but they are doing so to a few good sides now.

I think it was that Essendon loss in round 1 killed a lot of confidence and after being able to reset and improve our contest in first quarters (and having some better structure) we look a lot better.

Still making to many errors even in wins but I would not be suprised to see a really strong performance against port, Sam will be able to work Ken under the ball.

Meek might be the difference today will be interesting how port try play him and to even be able to say that shows how far his grown this year.

Only reason want us to win today is to hear how we played well on Monday’s AFL 360 and On the Couch with some of the good kids we have rather than all the time spent on who lost against us recently. For a young rebuilding club it’s pretty embarrassing from these campaigners 😂

Last edited:
We won't get within 10 goals sadly. Reality check

Yeah I agree somewhat.

I love the enthusiasm and love all the positivity from all our recent wins (compared to the massive pessimism before it).

But Port are massive flat-track bullies on their home deck and are very talented in key areas that we have been inconsistent with.

My hope is we stay in the game for most of it, rather than an early blowout like last year. Reminder:

1716091189060.png

And this scoreline actually hides the damage Port did early, where we were almost 100 points behind at one point. Port are very good at putting on early and quick goals - so if we can hold that, I'd be really impressed.

Hopefully we can be within 5 goals for most of the game.

Yeah I agree somewhat.

I love the enthusiasm and love all the positivity from all our recent wins (compared to the massive pessimism before it).

But Port are massive flat-track bullies on their home deck and are very talented in key areas that we have been inconsistent with.

My hope is we stay in the game for most of it, rather than an early blowout like last year. Reminder:

View attachment 1993497

And this scoreline actually hides the damage Port did early, where we were almost 100 points behind at one point. Port are very good at putting on early and quick goals - so if we can hold that, I'd be really impressed.

This is my main concern.

Once they sniff blood in the first, they'll all ski downhill. As per all our games, expect them to kick their first behind in the last quarter.

It's a huge test to see how much we have improved.

Not expecting a win but don’t want to see us get blow away in the first quarter. They are the biggest front runners in the AFL so need to come out ready to play from the start.

Big test for the midfield today.

Hoping for a strong debut from Phillips and a break out game for the Wiz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my main concern.

Once they sniff blood in the first, they'll all ski downhill. As per all our games, expect them to kick their first behind in the last quarter.

It's a huge test to see how much we have improved.

Yep - don't even have to think too far back either to get an example - they did it to Geelong last week, on Geelong's stomping ground.

Geelong were good enough to comeback - but Port's strength is their ability to start quick and pour loads of goals on, making it near impossible to comeback. We got belted last year based on that.

EDIT: To put some of the predictions in context, if we somehow won against Port in Adelaide, that's easily the best win of this young group by a stretch. Far bigger than beating the Doggies or even Lions last year, largely due to how difficult it is to win on the road against a better team.

Yep - don't even have to think too far back either to get an example - they did it to Geelong last week, on Geelong's stomping ground.

Geelong were good enough to comeback - but Port's strength is their ability to start quick and pour loads of goals on, making it near impossible to comeback. We got belted last year based on that.

[4] Todd Marshall,[19] Mitch Georgiades, [11] Jeremy Finlayson,[22] Charlie Dixon,[15] Willie Rioli

Look at this. If the four towers don't get you, Willie will.

[4] Todd Marshall,[19] Mitch Georgiades, [11] Jeremy Finlayson,[22] Charlie Dixon,[15] Willie Rioli

Look at this. If the four towers don't get you, Willie will.
Yep, I'm most worried about Rioli. Does Shammy get him?

Our only hope is if Port have a bit of a comedown after last week's big win. If they're even anywhere near their best, they'll do us by at least 6 goals.

But that's cool, they're in flag contention and we're probably three years off it...

Our only hope is if Port have a bit of a comedown after last week's big win. If they're even anywhere near their best, they'll do us by at least 6 goals.

But that's cool, they're in flag contention and we're probably three years off it...
Port in flag contention 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back