Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

but if he is already worth jack then theoretically whats better, taking jack this year and missing out on 30 goals or taking 30 goals next year and then still getting jack

I haven't speculated what his worth is now? Other than it would be far higher then next year.

I haven't speculated what his worth is now? Other than it would be far higher then next year.
Yeah but you get my point though

If we knock back overs then I see your point but if we are knocking back market value then the drop in value isn't gonna outweigh the goals kicked next year

Yeah but you get my point though

If we knock back overs then I see your point but if we are knocking back market value then the drop in value isn't gonna outweigh the goals kicked next year

Depends on what the market value is. No guarantee he will be the same player next year. Some players drop off fast when they push 30.

My only stake in this is, I hope the Dogs don't overpay for an older player. :)

Freo won't budge over Lobb, hoping to keep wantaway swingman…
Freo won't budge over Lobb, hoping to keep wantaway swingman

Western Bulldogs list manager Sam Power said they remained respectful of Lobb's contracted status but hoped to continue talking to the Dockers.

"He's indicated he would like to join us if a deal can be done," Power said.

MAJOR PLAYERS How Freo can use Trade Period to shape flag push

"His partner moved to Victoria during the year and he is keen to get over to Victoria and be with her.

We'll keep having discussions with Freo, but at the same time he's a contracted player."

Wow bit disappointed in power , was assured by doggies supporters he was one tough mofo at the trading table but he already sounds defeated and trade periods only a day old!, … seems Sam’s more powder puff than power !
Seems sensible to me. Comes across as it’s an opportunity based on his personal situation but nothing to suggest we’re desperate to overpay.

but if he is already worth jack then theoretically whats better, taking jack this year and missing out on 30 goals or taking 30 goals next year and then still getting jack
A second round pick isn’t “jack”. I get it’s not what you want and he’s worth more to you but not every player can get traded for a first rounder.

Why has Lobb requested a trade to a club that can't give Freo what they want? Blame is square with him, not the Dogs or Freo.
What club is going to give you what you "want" though? Clearly you guys overvalue him by a fair bit and that's fine but don't pretend the offer is bad because of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A second round pick isn’t “jack”. I get it’s not what you want and he’s worth more to you but not every player can get traded for a first rounder.
I suppose you need to look at it this way. The club would believe that they are at least a shot of finals/top 4 next year (whether this be the case or not). If so Lobb helps massively with our structure and forward line… without him we are no chance.

Would you trade for a second round pick if it meant you can’t compete as well as you would like in 2023? Especially given it has been the first time in six years we have made finals.

I suppose you need to look at it this way. The club would believe that they are at least a shot of finals/top 4 next year (whether this be the case or not). If so Lobb helps massively with our structure and forward line… without him we are no chance.

Would you trade for a second round pick if it meant you can’t compete as well as you would like in 2023? Especially given it has been the first time in six years we have made finals.
The better way to look at it is do you think Lobb is the difference between you winning the flag next year? If yes you hold him no matter what if not then you take the 2nd rounder ask for a bit more and bring in a player that is there long term and is apart of your next premierships tilt which looks like it will open up in 2/3 years when your current young crop gets games under their belt

A 2nd rounder is jack for our best forward no matter how you look at it
Again, so hold him. I said I completely understand he’s worth more to you. This was an opportunity presented to us and other Vic clubs by his agent due to his personal situation. I honestly don’t think we’ll overpay and I think you will keep him.
A second round pick is a solid offer for a soon to be 30 year old.

Again, so hold him. I said I completely understand he’s worth more to you. This was an opportunity presented to us and other Vic clubs by his agent due to his personal situation. I honestly don’t think we’ll overpay and I think you will keep him.
It'll get done after Jackson and a Corbett type come in

A second round pick is a solid offer for a soon to be 30 year old.
I'm hoping we do, I've laid out my points in an earlier post on the page

The better way to look at it is do you think Lobb is the difference between you winning the flag next year? If yes you hold him no matter what if not then you take the 2nd rounder ask for a bit more and bring in a player that is there long term and is apart of your next premierships tilt which looks like it will open up in 2/3 years when your current young crop gets games under their belt
Yes of course and that would be something the club would need to debate.

If they legitimately believe they are in the running for 2023 they can’t make the trade (for a second rounder).

Just like the bulldogs would need to believe they can win it in the next three or why bother.

The fact that the club is now looking at bringing a 30 year old tippa out of retirement would suggest yes, the club does see themselves at a shot at a flag next year

So if the bulldogs want him badly enough bevo best get on that pony real quick

Yeeeee haaaaaaa!

I still think the Dockers brass will keep him another year

Massive risk to take with your biggest goal kicker
Agree it is a massive risk to take with your number one goal kicker. Something is telling me it will eventually get done but I'm glad to see Freo with their current stance I hope they get a deal to good to be true from the dogs but if was Lobb I'd just be saying I want to go to a Vic club. I don't see Lobb as best fit for the dogs.

A 2nd rounder is jack for our best forward no matter how you look at it
If a 30-goal hybrid forward/ruck is your best forward option, then the team has some serious issues to address. If he is your lynch pin in the forward line... then that elusive premiership is as far away now as it has ever been. Now I'm not saying trade him, that's up to the Freo list managers and personally I couldn't give a shit, because as much as I feel he could help the team for a couple of years the Dogs will be fine with or without him. I do like Corbett as an option for your team and I suggested that the Dogs look at him in about round 3 when I saw he wasn't playing in the seniors. The kid could mark a bar of soap, just needs to get his kicking sorted but he has improved since he joined the Suns.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't pay more than a second round because as useful as he would be, he's not required. Like I said though, if you're relying on him to be the difference between a flag and 6th there is no flag in your future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back