Competitions Riewoldt & Bolton Mark Of The Year

Remove this Banner Ad

So Bolton and Jack are up against O'Brien from Hawthorn for Mark of the Year.

No given that it's likely that opposition flogs are going to vote for O'Brien to prevent Jack or Shai from winning the award lets make sure one of them win

At least the fan vote is only a small portion of the judging now
Would still be good to give the two Tiges a bit of a head start though

How is it decided? I don't see us winning the fan portion of it, the Richmond vote will be split.

1st: Jack for degree of difficulty
2nd: Shai for pure excitement
3rd: O'Brien a hell of a mark aswell

Guess we will see how much the AFL supporter base really dislike Richmond though. Fully expecting O'Brien to take home the gong 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien will win
Richmond vote will be split between Bolton and Riewoldt
Everyone else will vote for O'Brien

We needed a third mark to monopolise it.
Sadly i think that will be the case, People simply don't like us and will vote against us regardless.

Just realised watching k31th gifs that Graham set up both Jack and Shai!

Really hard to split both marks, I love Bolton's just a classic hang, he gets up so high and takes a brilliant mark.

I went for Jack's as other have because of the running with the flight and getting hang-time I think it's the all round better mark. Even though Bolton's is probably a little more spectacular.

This is just like the ******* Republic referendum 20 years ago ! Bloody prime minister split the yes vote down the middle giving the Yes'rs two choices allowing the No to get up despite getting 60+% of the vote !

Here's how Tim O'Brien will win.

Mark A - Shai Bolton 31%
Mark B - Jack Riewoldt 34%

The Richmond fan vote split down the middle despite combining for 65% of the vote !

Mark C - Tim O'Brien 35% and declared winner of the Mark of the Year !

Just messing with you but I can see it happening. I voted for Shai but I could have easily changed that to Jack just based on courage and to be fair O'Brien's mark was a beauty. I thought Weightman's mark over big Maxy Gawn was a ripper too.

Just realised watching k31th gifs that Graham set up both Jack and Shai!

Really hard to split both marks, I love Bolton's just a classic hang, he gets up so high and takes a brilliant mark.

I went for Jack's as other have because of the running with the flight and getting hang-time I think it's the all round better mark. Even though Bolton's is probably a little more spectacular.
Said it back earlier in the year after Jack's mark - Jack Graham, the hangar whisperer.

O'Brien will win but people will remember Jack's mark

He won't win. The panel has the final say, votes make up a small portion of the overall criteria. Funnily enough, I don't think much of O'Brien's mark, gets up on neck, marks it as he starts to come down then falls flat on the grass. Shai is on top of the clouds, an absolute hanger. I voted for Bolton.

Jacks mark is courageous and the degree of difficulty whilst spinning around in the air is off the charts. Weightman's mark is better than Obriens, Weightman should've been in the top 3 and O'Brien out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back