2nds Reserves 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

It is the Tigers day. Even the bounce has gone their way on almost every occasion. That one just then a classic example.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. Tigers fully deserved their win but swans unlucky on so many occasions

5 goal loss and to the better side. No swan midfielder really took the match on all game and the pressure build was from Quaenbeyan. Heath got swamped in the backline with the toppies who struggled to maintain what would have to be among the better froward lines in the NEAFL, whatever the conference.

Some quick comments:

Meredith: Played better in the last term but despite kickg a nice goal really should have sen more of the ball and on more than one occasion was run areound by his opponent, dissapointing.

: TDL:, probably our best on ground and was always a threat in forward, weather picking up form the ground or a couple of nice contested grabs.

Lamb: started really well. got a nasty low blow in the 2nd, was hndy in the 2nd half and can make his possessions count.

Walsh: No where in the first half, dropped a sitter and was second to contests. picked it up in the third pushing further up the ground to take some good pack grabs before sort of being subbed out.

White: Rucked very well and gave the middfielders first use more often, but a good grab up forward when resting. Among the better players.

Armstrong: Dominated the first term, work rate super high and used the ball superbly, may have copped an injury or a precaution put on ice after half time.

Spangher: Solid, worked his way into the game from the 2nd ruck before going back late, ok certinly not outstanding though. Does 2nd touch to much in the mark, noticed a few weeks ago too.

McNeal: Started very well with the inside grunt work winng the hard ball and was hitting up targets, faded right out of the game when the Tigers got on top though.

Moore: passable, got a hot head that cost us a goal with a 50 late in the 2nd though, was there when the ship sarted to go down trying to bail while others looked on.

Heath: Solidly trying to lead the defense but couldn't get a break with his support today.

Cunningham: 2nd half was great, ran onto the ball and was uncatchable and hit up targets, set up goals and ran players down. Not sure if his car roke down on the way though, not much from in the first half.

Gordon: High work rate and at patches was good and was hard running link man. There were a couple of poor decisions including playing on straight away in the backline to go down holding the ball.

Was a really tough loss boys tried to get into it but the rules and unpiring and the queanbeyans desire to attack we just couldnt get going

7: was quiet first half but was handy in the 2nd with a much need goal

8: TDL was ristrictes by his opponent and only when the swans decided to go one on one in the last did he get some goals he is a great marking

11: Lamb i think was BOG close with cunningham his marking abilitly is fantatic and was often first at the ball and super fast he tried hard to lift the team

17: injured leg didnt really compete all day was held well by his man

18: Jesse was a fantastic ruckman and won most of our hitouts and was handy in defence helping out the young top ups
Could have slotted a much needed goal after marking strong in the 4th but misses

19: taken off early third was good on the wing and did well hitting up targets just wish he could have seem out the game hes a great run and carrier with the ball

27: Spangs was out of form but was helpful in defence and helped stem the bleed of goals from
The tigers in the third and fourth

28: McNeil is gone hasnt improved in his three years on the list and even though he puts his head over and tries his time is up

33: Moore's last game which is sad he just doesnt have the tank to run out games looked spent but bless him hea been a massive leader for the boys and always does everything he can to get the boys up

35: Cambo the only defender we has after they dropped lynch was often 2 against 1 and in
The heat of the moments took strong marks but he couldnt save everything

44: Harry's sloppy kicking cost us the game several times but credit due when he gets the ball and can run with it hes dangerous he kicked a ripper of a goal sprinting out of defence into thw
Middle with a few bounces and then kicked the goal from maybe just outside 50 to spark the swans early in the 4th

45: not his best hes aggressive and trys to go in hard just needs to settle

Ill leave the top ups to grim

Gutted :[

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine, we won't say anything, then!! :p

....just kidding. You guys do a fantastic job, much appreciated :) Hopefully the 2012 premiership will be a just reward!

Tigers were manic with their attack at the ball.

Think they stunned the Swans with how ferocious they were.

They looked gone when Swans cut a 6 goal lead to 9 points but they found something and it probably mattered more to them.

Arguably the greatest GF win in the clubs history because of the opposition.

As for a few comments on here all I will add is the umpires were not a factor, some isolated poor calls during the day but this is par for the course.

The hit on Lamb was a punch to the midrift by Will Griggs. Its a Grand Final and stuff like that happens. He was reported for it.

Think the Tigers deserve more credit than has been given. They outplayed and out coached the Swans today.

Also thanks for the post about the QBNFM commentating, if I came across a little excited during the last term I make no apologies.

Nice to catch Soph and Grim also

Shit what year is it now then???

;)

Was talking about the Swans seniors, they are still alive, you know!! ;)

but yeah, watched a couple of quarters on the stream and the Tigers were terrific with their attack on the footy.

I don't think he was seeking credit, just summing up the game?

Ah yeh, please forgive me for momentarily forgetting about the Seniors for a moment.

Think they will get their but the Hawks are favs for mine.

Congrats about today

I especially hated Campbell but its been amazing turn around for the tigers
new coach/playing coach and a real desire to win it...i was unsure a player coach was going to work and at such a young age

Glad you enjoyed it

Wish another someone could have been there to celebrate it though

Think the Tigers deserve more credit than has been given. They outplayed and out coached the Swans today.
They won because of the rules limiting the amount of AFL listed players that could be named in the Swans team. No other factor including their attack on the ball or their coaching could have even half the impact on the result as that rule. Having several AFL listed players rested before the end of the game was the 2nd most influential factor. It is easy to underestimate how much of a detrimental effect it has when you are limited to playing top-ups that do not train together multiple times each week for an entire season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back