Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey mobbs, is the empty space behind my house allocated to anyone? What's the process for planning permits and how much paperwork does it involve? Print screen won't work all of a sudden so here's a shitty photo of what I'm talking about.

20231203_162434.jpg

Hey mobbs, is the empty space behind my house allocated to anyone? What's the process for planning permits and how much paperwork does it involve? Print screen won't work all of a sudden so here's a shitty photo of what I'm talking about.

View attachment 1865123
Hi sorry I seem to have trouble getting notifications for new posts sometimes. Problems with my .... brain, probably.

Well my answer depends on your question. I offer once residential and one commercial property to every person. But anybody can develop a block (tho I ask to know where so I can add the development to the property register!) So you can fully build another house there but it just won't be yours!

On the other hand, if you are talking more about extending your property to include that room ... well if it's not too big I suppose it can be possible. It's not registered yet as there is no dev on it. The only problem I have is that I try as much as I can to keep all the properties small-scale. (Purpose is so it's more of a labyrinth to wander around cos everything's packed in tightly.)

You are in a pretty small house tho so maybe can make an exception. It's 10pm now tho so I don't wanna think about it :D

It's always a good idea to sleep whenever you notice its nighttime. There's a few reasons:
1. If you're in a poorly lit area you will get mobbed by monsters.
2. If you don't sleep for (I think it's) 3 days, the phantoms will go you every night thereafter. They don't spawn at all if you've been sleeping.
3. The less you sleep, the worse the weather gets. This means annoying rain, and also thunderstorms which can result in lightning strikes which will burn stuff down.

You will notice that we are often harassing each other to get to a bed when we're on the server, whenever its nighttime ;)

On one hand, I'm intrigued and curious.

On the other hand, I really don't need any more time black holes.

Porps Eye For The Proprietor Guy
HOUSES FOR SALE! PRIME REAL ESTATE ACROSS FROM HIPPODROME!
Furies fans and players are bound to love these!

HOUSE #1

Located a stone's throw from a seedy popular local establishment, this house immediately catches your eye with an attractive verandah and front-garden.

2023-12-02_15.35.15.png

2023-12-02_15.35.25.png

Inside, you'll find the place equipped with starting furniture with potential for you to add your own personal touch. Wood floors and orange terracotta walls give the room a nice warmth.

2023-12-02_15.35.51.png

2023-12-02_15.36.05.png

You notice a door at the back of the property! And peeking out the window, you see a garden!

2023-12-02_15.36.15.png

Yes, folks... this property boasts a secret back garden for you to enjoy with one of your neighbours, House #3. Buy with your best friend, and enjoy beers together after work in a relaxed and private spot.

2023-12-02_15.36.50.png

2023-12-02_15.37.04.png

HOUSE #2

Right next door to House #1 and located in a prime spot very close to the Hippodrome, is a quaint cottage with a wooden verandah and lovely front garden.

2023-12-02_15.34.52.png

2023-12-02_15.39.51.png

Inside you'll find beautiful sandstone flooring and grey-brown terracotta walls. Sparsely decorated for your additions. (Apologies for the pixel glitch on the camera (I think it's actually from one of the torches but shhh)).

2023-12-02_15.41.41.png

2023-12-02_15.42.00.png

You can enjoy the sunset setting over the Hippodrome every evening.

2023-12-02_15.34.12.png

HOUSE #3

Facing the next street and directly across from the Hippodrome could be your next investment. This courtyard-style home shares its private backyard with House #1. End stone bricks and yellow terracotta make an attractive first impression.

2023-12-02_15.38.01.png

After you enter, to your left you'll find a nice study nook.

2023-12-02_15.37.48.png

And to your right, your bedroom with bamboo plant offering some serenity in today's busy world.

2023-12-02_15.37.35.png

Right at the back, towards the door that will lead to your shared garden, a magnificent artwork catches your eye and adds some drama to your quaint home.

2023-12-02_15.37.14.png

HOUSE #4

Mirroring House #3 is this next courtyard block. The same yellow terracotta and stone floors adorn this home.

2023-12-02_15.38.13.png

To the right as you enter there is a lovely area to study with spectacular unobstructed views of the Hippodrome's grandstand.

2023-12-02_15.38.40.png

A divider separates the bed from a TV/theatre room, where you can watch Qetflix on the big screen with surround sound. A warm white rug completes the room.

2023-12-02_15.39.26.png

2023-12-02_15.39.20.png

BE QUICK! THESE PROPERTIES WILL NOT BE ON THE MARKET FOR LONG!

(I don't think these two streets are named, but when they are I can edit this post Mobbs).

Well, finally expanded the Real Estate Guide to take Rural regions out from Location level to Street level, which was quite a process! Still gotta go all the way to property level which will be even more of an ordeal!

But I'm only here 'cos I'm really proud of this graphic I made for the towns in Yuana Region (just west of Sweet) so I thought I'd repeat it here:
Yuana_2023-12-10_optimized.gif

Mightily chuffed!

Where's Western Town? Or is that in a desert further south?
Oh yeah completely different part of the world! Western Town is south of Spawn, maybe about 3000 blocks south at a guess? All my content in this thread is based around Sweet, which is at around 25000 blocks north of Spawn.

por_please_ya I forgot to tell you that your new properties were included in the Real Estate Guide:

Two properties on newly named True Street:

Two properties on newly named Cody Street:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After some 4 or 5 months, 150 pages and 3800 posts later, the Real Estate Guide is now (as far as I can tell) up-to-date catering for a little over 2300 properties in Sweet Munipality and a little over 600 properties throughout the rural regions.

Most of the recent time has been spent improving rural road connectivity. The flashing red lines indicate new roads added which assist to link reegions and towns where previously there were some long and roundabout trips required.

connectivity_changes_2023-12-30.gif

I did also build two new grounds - Bainlea Oval which is in full working order, and the Southback Oval which is in a disused state.

Bainlea Oval:
2023-12-24_02.11.54.png

Southback Oval:
2023-12-30_09.14.31.png

Sweet & The World Around It - The Bridges Of Hindealla

As we cross into a New Year in the real world, and into a new season in the Sweet world, I thought I'd show you a montage of how stuff gets crossed in the world of Hindealla. 'cause you've gotta have a montage.

This video focuses of the world around and including Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is now suffering from a bout of finals contracted late in its 36th season.

sfartimg3.png sfartimg1.png sfartimg2.png sfartimg4.png
[Sweet on Youtube] - [Sweet on Minecraft!] - [Join The Sweet FA! ] - [Sweet FA Stats]​

Sweet And The World Around It - BJO to Colosseum to Bainlea

This weekend the Wonders host the Roys at Bainlea village for purposes of a practice match and cocktails, prior the commencement of Season 37 of the Sweet FA.

The trip here commences in the Community Rooms of the BJO, and travels down Brunswick St, Tandy St, Pagan St and Legend Parade to the Colosseum in Rasasidge. Now with the comby full of both Roys and Wonders, we make out ... err ... we make out over the hilly terrain of south-western Sweet, down Waverley Rd and Visro Pde, before leaving town for Rhilpisa Road village. Down the Motorboatorway, and finally a turn onto Bainlea Road, leads to an arrival at Bainlea Oval right at sunset.

This video focuses of the world around and including Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is now fast approaching its 37th season.

Is the east of Dragon Island supposed to be pastoral/agricultural, or something akin to a national park? I always envisioned a dense forest where the original inhabitants once roamed, but you seem to be setting it up as the former.
It's always intended to be primarily urbanised just like the west end. It was just harder to get to it, because the island is almost completely bisected by the footy ground. I'll be building it up over time ... though I might leave a forest park in there somewhere.

por_please_ya I forgot to tell you that your new properties were included in the Real Estate Guide:

Two properties on newly named True Street:

Two properties on newly named Cody Street:
Only just saw this lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back