Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEW: Sweet Real Estate Guide can be found here

So, as I've hinted at a couple of times, I've been working on a bit of a project in the game of Minecraft.

For anyone who doesn't know, Minecraft is what is known as a 'sandbox' game, that is, you can edit your environment to 'build stuff' ... in Minecraft's case it's a world that can be dug up, chopped down, and built upon.

Bigfooty has a couple of Minecraft servers, an old and a new. I, being old, use the old one. And in that server (that world) I am building a replica of the town Sweet.

footy_fumbler knows this, Hate has been in the game and visited me there, and others aware of what I'm doing include The Filth Wizard and RU_ . Eth also knows as he uses the server from time to time although of course he has retired from the Qooty scene. This might be of some passing interest to Quivorir and Gentlemen , both of whom had played this server many years ago, as did Wise Guy Sam .

So that I had easy control over the area I was working, especially the shape of the coastline, it is almost entirely located on ocean, with a veneer of dirt placed over it, over many weeks. This 'dirting' was recently completed, along with the major road network (equal to what is shown on the Sweet map). So it's time to go public. A number of grounds, old and new, have been thrown down in simple format, basically just the ground and fenceline, very little in the way of amenities.

These need to be completed, and of course an entire town needs to be built - the buildings.

Anyone vaguely Minecraft-savvy, or even just interested and willing to go get the game for the sheer joy of parking their arse in a pretend real Sweet, the server details are gained via here: BigFooty.com Minecraft
You will need to advise Chief that you wish to be whitelisted on the server. You would need to ensure you tell him it's the OLD server. The players thread is here but he always says to PM him, as he commonly misses posts on that thread. I can do the whitelisting but Chief should really be the one to 'ok' someone's request to join. Probably worth copying me in to the PM.

Well, there's no real big benefit to the game itself from this project, but it keeps me entertained, and I guess it adds some value to the 'world' that has already been created.

I'll post some screenshots next, give people a sense of what's going on.

Overview Map (map wall within the game) :
ShOdDFQ.png

Latest Map with suburb delineations :
Sweet Suburb Delineations_2023-06-04 - 2SUBURBS.png

Video Playlist:

Last edited:

Alberton Swamp, looking over the old Alberton Oval:
Just in case you think I Dont Care
LGBKCuy.png

Alberton-Sin City Link :
A couple of shots of the new highway under construction as part of the "Alberton-Sin City Economic Corridor" plan, financed by the personal fortunes of spookism & Millky95
Luz812v.png

xTAYtnZ.png

#yousaiditguysnotme

You can only play on phone, yeah? I don't understand phones so I don't know how that works.

Can I specifically?

I have Minecraft on Playstaion 4, never tried it on PC or mobile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dun Lop's original grandstand, already in poor condition and recently defaced beyond repair by an as yet unknown vandal in protest against the abandonment of the State of Origin series, was removed completely to make way for a conversion to facilities catering for a larger capacity. There was an attempt to relocate the old grandstand to Sin City's training ground at Alberton, incorporated into a concept art installation, however the structure burnt down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.

Work on the new stands are well under way at the arena, as can be seen in the following photographs.
SQG6AAG.png

Foreground : Golden Throne Reserve (Gold City Royals).
Background : Dun Lop Stadium.
Far Distance (faded) : City CBD.
kRBokd9.png

Las Carrara Shopping Centre slowly coming along. Hosts the "Stadium In The Sky" (Las Vegas Bears) on its roof, and "Underground Stadium" (Sin City Swamprats) Built into its waste processing system in the basement.
T0Afeqg.png

Views from the new grandstand at Waverley :

Towards the terraced area and team change rooms :
cJw2lC8.png

Towards the lucky residences who have balconies overlooking the action :
DOR93lC.png

New tavern at Waverley up the hill :
IEMvYH1.png

(bit classier-looking than the one at Alberton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back