Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1967840

The trade between the two sides saw the Strikers send Agar and their round two pick to the Thunder, in return receiving the Sydney sides’ second round pick, subsequently improving the Strikers draft position.

He wasn't getting much of a go so probably fair enough. It does leave our fast bowling stocks fairly thin. Only Thornton, Doggert and Bazely and I'm not sure if the first two even have contracts. Obviously we can add Internationals.

Last edited:
We wasn't getting much of a go so probably fair enough. It does leave our fast bowling stocks fairly thin. Only Thornton, Doggert and Bazely and I'm not sure if the first two even have contracts. Obviously we can add Internationals.

If Rashid doesn't come we might be in for some interesting times.

I would of liked to see another spinner in the Redbacks squad.

I am hoping the new coach gives Pope a run of games as I think if you are serious about being a good side you need a genuine spin option.

No offence to Manenti who has been great with the bat but I see him more as an all rounder.

Who is the next best spinner at District level besides Pope?

Fraser has gone nuts

Live
DC vs MI, 43rd Match
Indian Premier League

MI 230/7 (18.5/20 ov, T:258)
DC 257/4
Tilak Varma* 59(30)
Piyush Chawla 6(2)
Rasikh Salam 3/31 (3.5 ov)
MI need 28 runs in 7 balls.

Click here to view more @espncricinfo :https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...indians-43rd-match-1426281/live-cricket-score
Having a ridiculous IPL season first up, basically telling selectors that you can't leave me out for the T20 WC. They did say IPL would play a huge part in selection.

I would of liked to see another spinner in the Redbacks squad.

I am hoping the new coach gives Pope a run of games as I think if you are serious about being a good side you need a genuine spin option.

No offence to Manenti who has been great with the bat but I see him more as an all rounder.

Who is the next best spinner at District level besides Pope?
There's a leggie from Glenelg who goes alright, Will Bowering. Played a couple of SA 2nd XI games last year. Younger than Pope.

Tom O'Connell is a peer of Pope's and was impressing on his way through but accepted a first class contract from Victoria at 18 years of age and disappeared. Barely had an impact, got a back stress fracture and didn't progress. Is back in Adelaide now but not sure how he's tracking. Leg spinner

There's an offie from Sturt Lachlan Ranaldo who has some wraps on him but is pretty young I think, fair way off

Cupboard fairly bare though

Jake Fraser-McGurk, Australian cricket’s man of the moment, is set to miss out on selection for Australia’s Twenty20 World Cup squad.
The 22-year-old batter has had a sensational start to life in the IPL, producing three half-centuries in five matches to date, capped by Fraser-McGurk’s blistering 84 from just 27 balls in the Delhi Capitals’ victory over Mumbai on Saturday.

Did I read in todays paper McGurk will miss the 15 man T20 squad?
Allegedly set to miss out, so the selectors can give Warner one last hurrah (as if he hasn't had enough already) - despite Warner's form being so dire that he dropped himself from the IPL, and McGurk's form being the absolute highlight of the IPL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Fraser-McGurk, Australian cricket’s man of the moment, is set to miss out on selection for Australia’s Twenty20 World Cup squad.
The 22-year-old batter has had a sensational start to life in the IPL, producing three half-centuries in five matches to date, capped by Fraser-McGurk’s blistering 84 from just 27 balls in the Delhi Capitals’ victory over Mumbai on Saturday.

T20 WC Squad proudly brought to you by Matthew Nicks and co.

Anyone one of Warner, Wade or Stoinis could of been left out.

Agar is lucky there weren't many spin options.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back