Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

I like McSweeney, just needs help in the middle order

Pretty bad that as a state he needs to be captain
I think he’s a great captain pick, already been in a leadership position for Australia A. Good way to keep him from a Queensland poaching, because I’m sure captaincy was dangled there too.

Any whispers on who Tim Nielsens replacement will be?
homer simpson interview GIF

Random Quiz Question

Which three left arm Redbacks bowlers finished in the top 10 Sheffield Shield Wicket Takers in 1998-99?

1. David Saker (45 wickets)
2. Andy Bichel (39)
3. Jo Angel (35)
4. Paul Reifell (32)
5. ____________ (28)
6. Sean Carey (27)
7. Matthew Nicholson (25)
8. ____________ (25)
9. Andrew Symonds (24)
10. ____________ (24)

Last edited:
Random Quiz Question

Which three left arm Redbacks bowlers finished in the top 10 Sheffield Shield Wicket Takers in 1998-99?

1. David Saker (45 wickets)
2. Andy Bichel (39)
3. Jo Angel (35)
4. Paul Reifell (32)
5. ____________ (28)
6. Sean Caey (27)
7. Matthew Nicholson (25)
8. ____________ (25)
9. Andrew Symonds (24)
10. ____________ (24)
3 relatively unknowns, but above the right handers in Blocker Wilson and Gilly. Swain, Young and Harrity. I did research, but only would have guessed Harrity tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt realise Sangha was 24, feels like hes been around for ever.

Not unhappy with either pick ups
4 years ago they were the the "next big things" and would have been un-gettable. Haven't come on I guess?

It would be great for SACA to see him translate this form to shield.

a 65 from 18 balls probably still gets you H/S for the SACA most games.
Crash Craddock mentioned that Warner, who some comparisons are being made to with JFM, had a far better defence early in his career and that is why he was able to succeed in the longer formats with his more attacking approach. JFM needs to still work on that side of his game for the longer formats if he wants to push for the Test side eventually, just can't seem to reign it in against tight bowling.

Crash Craddock mentioned that Warner, who some comparisons are being made to with JFM, had a far better defence early in his career and that is why he was able to succeed in the longer formats with his more attacking approach. JFM needs to still work on that side of his game for the longer formats if he wants to push for the Test side eventually, just can't seem to reign it in against tight bowling.
That was something noticeable is the Shield games I saw him play, just needed to get through a few overs, but just couldn't do it.

Hopefully for the sake of Australian cricket he can get it right, or we just get to see him in T20s

Screenshot_20240423_064648_Facebook.jpg

The trade between the two sides saw the Strikers send Agar and their round two pick to the Thunder, in return receiving the Sydney sides’ second round pick, subsequently improving the Strikers draft position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back