RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Would MS look at what kyneton has done? For years kyneton looked at the rdfnl as a step backwards, but now they have attracted their local talent back.

I'm not Privvy to league costs, but I'm sure the rdfnl would cost less than the bfnl, I know that was one of the reasons kyneton came over so their club would save some money as well.

Can't see MS surviving much more with the results that are being handed out to them.

Hope that Central stay in and create a melton derby, that would be good for both clubs. You would think, that the giants would be closer to the bottom being their first year, so it would be a good time for MS to jump over.

Competitive against Central, giants, Lancefield and that would build some momentum end excitement for the club. I think it would also keep some juniors coming through the club.

Then try and attract a East Sunbury or kangaroos back, for a Sunbury point of difference.

Would be a very handy competition imo

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon the Giants are likely to be competitive from year one and be contesting for a flag within 3 seasons. This all depending on their first senior coach selection. If they get the right person in then players will come to compliment their existing 19.5 group, their facilities will be close to best in the comp and Gisborne is ready for a second senior club.

I reckon the Giants are likely to be competitive from year one and be contesting for a flag within 3 seasons. This all depending on their first senior coach selection. If they get the right person in then players will come to compliment their existing 19.5 group, their facilities will be close to best in the comp and Gisborne is ready for a second senior club.
Ive been thinking the same about the giants. I have a feeling there will be a couple from Gisborne who may move to the Giants also. I hope they do well.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

growing area Gisborne and like sunbury a second club shuld have no issue co-exisitng. is it true the rdfl have allowed the gisnts to play with 20/21yos to hopefully give them a good base for 2025? surely they simply just win the 3rds comp if true.

growing area Gisborne and like sunbury a second club shuld have no issue co-exisitng. is it true the rdfl have allowed the gisnts to play with 20/21yos to hopefully give them a good base for 2025? surely they simply just win the 3rds comp if true.
No way this should be allowed to happen. Disgraceful if true.. The person who approved this should be sacked immediately..

Hearing of some drama at one of the games today? the league doesn't seem too happy going by their recent Facebook post.

Nothing out at Woodend.

Rueben Rode doing everything he can to win the Bowen.

Great contest between Riley Gilchrist and Dan Toman.

Woodend just need to fix the little things I then I reckon they'll be on track.

Nothing out at Woodend.

Would've been nice and cool in Woodend today! I was at Westmeadows watching a game there and it was cold.

Rueben is an outright star. A.huge asset for Wallan and this comp and at his age is just something else. We will see a lot of good footy out of him

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would've been nice and cool in Woodend today! I was at Westmeadows watching a game there and it was cold.

Was nice and then the sun went down a bit and by the end it felt like 4 or 5. Nice pie and chips though to warm you up.

Rueben is an outright star. A.huge asset for Wallan and this comp and at his age is just something else. We will see a lot of good footy out of him

He's a jet mate and along with Chris Stewart, and Morris dominating the play. Hopefully they don't take too many votes of each other.

Nothing out at Woodend.

Was told that he tore it up all day young Rode.

Wasnt at the game Aucklander, but was justvwondering whatb
you thought WH needed to do for it playba bit better.

Chips and gravy best in the comp!

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was told that he tore it up all day young Rode.

Wasnt at the game Aucklander, but was justvwondering whatb
you thought WH needed to do for it playba bit better

It was just that final bit really. Chatting to a sub before he went on we actually spoke about the same thing. Just have to add a bit of polish and that will help.

A couple of unlucky decisions, but as I said to him when Woodend got one back, it was a there you go.

Chips and gravy best in the comp!

Indeed.

The week before in the INTERLEAGUE game against SFNL he was voted best player for the RDFNL team. Here's my short video clip of him kicking a great goal in the last minute of the game to almost snatch victory.
View attachment last goal_5.mp4

For the exciting last 5 minutes of this game click here.

Last edited:
All four are probably a good fit, but I suspect that not all will come across anytime soon.
Hearing that South are happy where they are but you'd expect that they would be more successful in the RDFNL.
Love to see KILMORE in the RDFNL they are a young developing side that would slot in and be competitive.

SWOOPINGTIME

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to see KILMORE in the RDFNL they are a young developing side that would slot in and be competitive.

SWOOPINGTIME

They left RDFNL at the end of 2015 cause they weren’t competitive & they’d improved their win/loss a couple of years ago but looking at results in 24 & their 2s personal, the 2s would go close to beating their 1s.

SLEDGEHAMMER

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They left RDFNL at the end of 2015 cause they weren’t competitive & they’d improved their win/loss a couple of years ago but looking at results in 24 & their 2s personal, the 2s would go close to beating their 1s.

SLEDGEHAMMER

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could Kilmore and Broadford merge and re enter?

So which clubs are the league talking about re poor behaviour from the weekend
A Riddell District match was abandoned on Saturday following a dispute between a club and umpires.
The netball match between Romsey and Lancefield at Romsey Park was called off early in the fourth quarter when the Redbacks disputed a sending off.
New rules introduced this season have upgraded sanctions for player misbehaviour.
A “suspension” sees a player serve a two-minute penalty, while a “order off” dismisses them from a game completely.
It is understood the disagreement was over whether the player could return or not with umpires deciding to end the game early when an impasse could not be reached.

The league said in a social media post on Saturday night it was “sad to see some poor behaviour over shadowing some fantastic results”.
RDFNL operations manager Grace Bibby elaborated on the post.
“It is really disappointing for both clubs and the league as the incident over shadowed what should have been a fantastic day celebrating a great rivalry and 150 years for Romsey,” Bibby said.
“While the game was abandoned the result will stand given the incident took place after half-time.
“This is a good reminder for all clubs to be across the league bylaws, rules of netball and to also be kind to one another.
“The rule in question is something that changed in the off-season and clubs and umpires are still getting their heads around it.
“The league will undertake some more training with umpires and club officials to make sure this doesn’t happen again.
“We love the passion that our close competition is bringing but we want it to remain positive.
“We had incidents over a number of venues on the weekend where behaviour crossed the line and it will not be tolerated.

“The RDFNL have been very lucky over several years with no instances where the game has been brought into disrepute.”
With the match called off eight minutes into the final term, the result will stand.
Lancefield were awarded the win, 33-27, upsetting the Redbacks.
The two clubs were celebrating Romsey’s 150th anniversary on Saturday, the clubs’ rivalry dating back to 1879.

Could a castlemaine from bendigo league move to the rdfl where they could be competetive with the bottom teams, Lancefield, melton, Gizzy Giants? Or is Castlemaine getting a bit far away geographically?

Big game on Saturday folks. Tossing up whether to travel up to Diggers or stay local.

Toss of a coin for the match of the round, but I think Riddell win by 10-16 over Diggers who host the game.

Macedon by 36 over Lancefield
Massive game for Kyneton, but Melton at home by 10
Interesting game at Woodend and a big test for them. If they can finish off their moves, then they win by 10 over Romsey.

Big game on Saturday folks. Tossing up whether to travel up to Diggers or stay local.

Toss of a coin for the match of the round, but I think Riddell win by 10-16 over Diggers who host the game.

Macedon by 36 over Lancefield
Massive game for Kyneton, but Melton at home by 10
Interesting game at Woodend and a big test for them. If they can finish off their moves, then they win by 10 over Romsey.
Are the RDFL streaming live games this year ?

Diggers by 1
Macedon by 45
Kyneton by 20
Romsey by 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back