RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They'll be relegated for sure unless they have a massive signing spree. The trouble will be points as they'll still have to play with 40.

It isn’t good to see. Why are lots of their players heading to Riddell? Apart from money what’s so important about Riddell? I’m surprised they haven’t scattered across multiple clubs apart from one to Gissy and one to Sunbury Kangas?? Unless some have?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It isn’t good to see. Why are lots of their players heading to Riddell? Apart from money what’s so important about Riddell? I’m surprised they haven’t scattered across multiple clubs apart from one to Gissy and one to Sunbury Kangas?? Unless some have?
I reckon they are all going to Riddell as Riddell must have a magic Genie who does their books and salary cap calcs who can squeeze them all in! 😂 if Riddell aren’t breaching the cap I’ll Bear my A$&e, yep Bear it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd actually be surprised how close this is to the truth, but anyway.. you keep on being insecure and making s**t up and it will make beating Wallan all that much more sweeter

Anyone can just go and buy a flag mate !

Wake up with a headache and a massive wage bill

Go Maggies

It isn’t good to see. Why are lots of their players heading to Riddell? Apart from money what’s so important about Riddell?

Not really sure what the attraction is. Was always the least favoured away trip in the league.

I’m surprised they haven’t scattered across multiple clubs apart from one to Gissy and one to Sunbury Kangas?? Unless some have?

There's no doubt more to come, just not sure how many.

Not surprised to see a few from Rupo follow Skip across to Riddell .. Skip is one of the great football minds in the region and held in high regard by most of the community - it's not hard to see why players would want to play under him.. I wish I was local so I can see him coach in action.. Riddell looking outstanding ahead of the 2024 season; on and off the field. Some great appointments in the netball space too.

Sounds like Riddell aren’t the only ones attempting to go on a big recruiting spree. Word on the street is that Woodend have opened up the cheque book throwing huge offers in the direction of most of the Strathmore list. It’d take some serious cash to entice players of that quality to leave the mores.

Not really sure what the attraction is. Was always the least favoured away trip in the league.

There's no doubt more to come, just not sure how many.
Really? I find Riddell’s ground to be in the top 3 grounds in the league, good following, great social rooms with history and a community feel and they are a very strong successful club. I don’t see why you wouldn’t go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading from past post turbo on other leagues pages mate I think you may under estimate the RDFL a bit. Not including your comment on Stewart as he will be a very good footballer in this league and EDFL premier is no doubt a much better standard. But the top clubs in RDFL wouldn’t be far off the top teams in EDFL Div 1. Diggers Rest, Kyneton now, Woodend and Riddell with galea would compete very well. No doubt the leagues bottom couple of sides may not be as strong as EDFL Div 1. If you’re not involved in any footy next year maybe go out and have a look at RDFL next year you maybe surprised at the standard of the top 6-7 or so teams.
I watched a number of games this year, Wallan vs WH, Wallan vs Diggers, Wallan vs. Ridell, and if you think any of them sides would come within 6 goals of any side in Division 1 EDFL your tripping.

SWOOPINGTIME

I watched a number of games this year, Wallan vs WH, Wallan vs Diggers, Wallan vs. Ridell, and if you think any of them sides would come within 6 goals of any side in Division 1 EDFL your tripping.

SWOOPINGTIME

I reckon those 4 teams would take the piss out out of the Div 2 teams. Wouldn’t be near the top div 1 teams but in the middle somewhere. They definitely go a lot harder at the footy which the EDFL doesn’t seem to like and Sunbury found that out at the start of 2019 lol.

I reckon those 4 teams would take the piss out out of the Div 2 teams. Wouldn’t be near the top div 1 teams but in the middle somewhere. They definitely go a lot harder at the footy which the EDFL doesn’t seem to like and Sunbury found that out at the start of 2019 lol.

Are you implying the edfl players don’t go in hard? You are kidding me surely. 😩

They try to. EDFL officials don’t like allowing it though lol

Yeah I kind of get it. But it’s definitely not soft footy and the speed of the footy flows better. However once a bit of poor weather sets in the edfl is not for the faint hearted or you get found out. It’s the state of the grounds at times that make the footy scrappy at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back