RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately mufassa. I watched the lions in their grand final victory last weekend and they were incredible. They will only spend a year in division 1 and be promoted to premier division.

I think the GF was the icing on the cake rather than the sole reason.....

As for me mate, im just weighing up whether to coach a BFL side, stay with the redbacks or take a year off!!!!

Great work - Bendigo or Ballarat FL??

I'm not qualified to answer that one, maybe Mongrel can !

I love loaded questions. Especially when I know u r posting from 3 aliases. Let's not be silly about this. Sunbury are very very deservant of this years flag. They have been building for a number of years and their list is great and the hard working people off field are just as good if not better. They may just be the most powerful club in the rdfl at the moment. But every single person at the grand final knows exactly why Romsey are leaving and so do u fairsukofthesav or should I referr to your other 3 aliases??????

I love loaded questions. Especially when I know u r posting from 3 aliases. Let's not be silly about this. Sunbury are very very deservant of this years flag. They have been building for a number of years and their list is great and the hard working people off field are just as good if not better. They may just be the most powerful club in the rdfl at the moment. But every single person at the grand final knows exactly why Romsey are leaving and so do u fairsukofthesav or should I referr to your other 3 aliases??????

What about blokes like me Mongrel that only have a passing interest in the league. I actually played along side one of your former men this year up at Lalbert. I have also had team mates from Romsey and would love to known why they want to shift leagues

The umpiring decisions in the gf were no doubt questionable, if not woeful, but romsey should still have won in my
Opinion, had a lead to defend a sizable lead and sunbury to their credit kept coming until the final bell went. Having come from the bfl to the rdfl, the umpiring is worse, believe me, woooorse, just ask sunbury lions players of last ten years, and could not tell you how many games I was involved in that the umpires influenced. Clubs in my opinion should cherish what they have, good crowds, parochial support, strong traditional club rivalries and good standard of footy. Believe me as someone who has been heavily involved in one of the break away clubs from the rdfl past whilst the competition is good in the bfl the grass certainly ain't always greener.

Rupertswood very close to joining the RDFL. Should add to the strength of the comp.
Where will they play?
I believe that the school is not 100% behind a move from the amateurs.
Will they be able to sell Alcohol around the ground as every other club does. I see that being an extremely large hurdle for them. I'm sure the school would be very wary that any evidence of alcohol being consumed on school grounds would not reflect well with students and parents.
It is however a very interesting decision pending.

Where will they play?
Will they be able to sell Alcohol around the ground as every other club does. I see that being an extremely large hurdle for them. I'm sure the school would be very wary that any evidence of alcohol being consumed on school grounds would not reflect well with students and parents.

What's wrong with the RDFL. From the outside it looks like a comp clubs would want to get into not get out of...maybe my old mate Doona has an opinion

Where will they play?
Yeah it is possible that the school would have an issue with that - lets hope not. There is alcohol consumed at VAFA games - just indoors and after the final siren - not in the outer all day, but as long as the rubbish is all cleaned at the end of the day hopefully the school won't have issue with that. Decision coming soon and a shift to the RDFL looks more than likely.

Definately mufassa. I watched the lions in their grand final victory last weekend and they were incredible. They will only spend a year in division 1 and be promoted to premier division.

I think the GF was the icing on the cake rather than the sole reason.....

As for me mate, im just weighing up whether to coach a BFL side, stay with the redbacks or take a year off!!!!

I hope you stay with the Redbacks Mongrel as you are highly thought of around the club, not only with the players but also the suppporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
My mail is that Romsey and Rupo will both be heading to Division 1 EDFL next season.
What is the rationale behind that? It's not as though Romsey has dominated the league for years on end and needs some decent competition. It just seems to be sour grapes due to a few contentious decisions on Grand Final day.

W
What is the rationale behind that? It's not as though Romsey has dominated the league for years on end and needs some decent competition. It just seems to be sour grapes due to a few contentious decisions on Grand Final day.

Romsey are the most succesful original club in the RDFL. To witness what took place on Sunday in 3 mins was discraceful.
Clubs pay alot of money in fees and expect all games to be ajudicated Competently. Sundays game will always be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Some interesting Rumours floating around GF day, one coming direct from a Romsey person.
On the Tuesday night before the most important day of the year they had about 12 players show for training.:confused:
They say the Umpires cost the game (1 in particular) Maybe the dedication from some of the players saw them drop their guard in the last quarter perhaps giving away the Free kicks that may have been there???
(If some body gets a copy of the last 10 minutes upload it to Youtube i think everybody is interested in a look.)
Talk about a knee jerk reaction to Talk about a league switch within 2 weeks.
Well I guess they better get the vote from the members while the blood is still boiling, otherwise some might start to gather some common sense and opt to stay with their HISTORY.

The League is in the best shape it has been for over 10 years, I would think it crazy to leave at this exciting stage.
If Rupertswood join it will only strengthen the league more.
2 Years in a row Riddell have not made the GF, such a proud club, Expect them to leave no stone unturned for next year. Also Lancefield and Macedon Reported to have the Funds to have a big dip next year.
Add those 4 clubs to the top 3 and next year is certainly going to shape to be one of the best

Romsey are the most succesful original club in the RDFL. To witness what took place on Sunday in 3 mins was discraceful.
Clubs pay alot of money in fees and expect all games to be ajudicated Competently. Sundays game will always be remembered for the wrong reasons.
Thanks for actually putting it out there 'oneeyedblue". People have been commenting for days about Romsey wanting to leave the RDFL but no one would actually explain why. I thought it was about playing in a higher standard league,
but now I realise it is about playing in a league where the umpires will give Romsey a fairer go.

' Umpires don't care who wins ' it's the moto I've coached juniors/seniors with over the last 15yrs.. Talk to an ump & il take u off , get sent off for talking to an ump = you miss a week.. Easy , it creates discipline & Players learn to worry about what they can control.. I'm sure every one of the players out there , would have a hundred different moments that they believe affected the result.. A lazy chase , a half-assed tackle , a bit of selfishness , a poor decision , a lucky bounce , indiscipline acts etc.. Gee look at the s**t umpires cop , would u do it?? Would u like your children to do it ?? We can't play this great game without them , that's reality.. Yep there are some absolute shockers out there , who probably shouldn't be umpiring , but 99.9% only do it for the love of the game. I bet Romseys coach could come up with a few different reasons why they lost the game & Sunburys would have a few , why they won.. Moving up this way , after spending alot of time in the Ammos & NFL & believe me every league is struggling for quality umpires , but whats the option = dont play?? Went to a few of your finals games & loved the atmosphere.. Can't wait to get involved myself.. The footys good , the supporters are passionate (close knit towns , love it), so let's make this league the one they all want to be apart of , and who knows we may attract the 'Best Umpires..' cheers ..

If Romsey want to leave that's their choice but on the other hand do the EDFL want Romsey?
You'd assume they would hate the extra travel to Romsey which they would consider "in the sticks".
So what has Romsey got to offer the EDFL besides a competetive to strong Div 1 side?

What a load of rubbish the whole ' romsey are going to leave the league ' thing!!! I know, everyone knows that it will not happen. Romsey will 100% be in the rdfl next season and if you think differently then you are living on another planet!!! So once and for all let's get over the whole 'the umpires cost us' thing (wether they did or didn't) and move on!! Everyone is getting sick of the whole thing!!! Right, any news for next year guys??

What a load of rubbish the whole ' romsey are going to leave the league ' thing!!! I know, everyone knows that it will not happen. Romsey will 100% be in the rdfl next season and if you think differently then you are living on another planet!!! So once and for all let's get over the whole 'the umpires cost us' thing (wether they did or didn't) and move on!! Everyone is getting sick of the whole thing!!! Right, any news for next year guys??
Yep next year Romsey not in the RDFL! Just remember guys. Romsey beat Strathmore in practice match, yes, both were without their big guns. Why would you stay in the RDFL, or the Ballarat FL, it's going down hill quickly. EDFL is the way to go. And once again guys, no one starts in the top division, you start in the lower grade and don't go up till you win a GF. Many clubs will change leagues. The Ballarat FL and RDFL have the worst umpires on earth, who over many, many times have changed the end result of a Grand Final. No club ever forgets that!!!! EVER! Get on with life guys! It's the same as the salary cap and the drug rule in the AFL both are an absolute farce. Get real for once! Cheats cheat, but at the end of the day the real winners will win! Go Romsey!!!

Ha ha ha. So pathetic, it's becoming a joke!! Romsey aren't going anywhere and everyone knows it. Sour sour grapes and that's all there is to it!!! please people, move on. It's embarrassing your club because Romsey will 100% be in the rdfl next season and anyone who says different is trying to deflect attention away from the loss!!! Discuss it on the essendon footy league thread if you want to because no one cares!!! Sunbury premiers, Romsey runners up, let's start talking bout season 2013!!!

My mail is that Romsey and Rupo will both be heading to Division 1 EDFL next season.

Why would the edfl add a side which is 50km away from the majority of essendon based clubs? Would not happen. And in comparison the top rdfl sides would be competitive within B grade (now called 'div 1') but in A grade (now called premier div) would not even be near the top 8 of the 10 clubs

If Romsey want to leave that's their choice but on the other hand do the EDFL want Romsey?
You'd assume they would hate the extra travel to Romsey which they would consider "in the sticks".
So what has Romsey got to offer the EDFL besides a competetive to strong Div 1 side?

Because the EDFL want 3 divisions of 10, 10 and 10. At the moment it is 10, 8 and 6. They need another 6 teams hoping for 1 from Sunbury, 1 from Melton and 1 from Greenvale area. Toolern is a new club that will also be joining. This is the grand plan but will take some time to obtain the 6 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back