RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested in knowing the player involved, I was speaking with somebody that got pushed into a Romsey player after the game and was then looked at, as if it were deliberate.
But.. if that wasn't the incident, i would have to agree that it is disgusting to even approach a player after a game when his heart is bleeding. The SKFC has become better than that and would be ashamed if true.
It wasn't a player, it was a supporter, it was very deliberate and it was from behind, the player didn't see them coming. The player wasn't fussed as he was so disappointed in the result, he just stayed lying on the ground! It was just something that shouldn't have happened, should never happen from either side. I don't believe in that sort of behaviour from anyone, no matter what the result is.

That will be great! See ya later! You don't like the umpires decsison so you want to take your bat and ball and walk home! ha ha.
Jacana and Craigiburn thought the EDFL was for them too, they get beaten by 30 goals every week. I look forward to seeing similiar scores in a couple of years.
EDFL is certainly the premier league at the present time on this side of town. Leagues such as Ballarat are alot weaker than they were 4 or 5 years ago because of player payments, it has made some leagues a higher standard, such as the RDFL and others weaker such as the Ballarat FL. You have to start in Div 2 anyway if you go to the EDFL so I don't believe you would be seing a 30 goal loss every week or anything like it! At least they don't charge spectators to get in and encourage people to actually go along and support their football clubs, which is a great initiative in my opinion.

I don't think cheating is a legal issue more a moral issue my friend and feral I think not feral is hitting a sixteen year old twice and getting reported. What was the outcome of that ?????? Was Troy the one that sent him off
Cheating can be a legal issue, it depends if there is an inducement involved or a benefit gained for doing it. No-one has alleged this, but I note another contributor has retracted comments made earlier about blatant cheating by a certain umpire. If you are going to make those claims on a public forum, be prepared for the possibility of libel suit. And yes, feral can be on or off the field and there was a bit of both on Sunday afternoon.

They would get smacked every week like Wallan did in the NFL for several years, then come back with their tail between their legs.

Have you seen div 3? Not the best stuff going around. They wont go anywhere just people venting, would lose local rivalries, what would happen to juniors?

So what are you saying, that a person of lower authority told you that a person in higher authority told you to calm the waters? Or are you saying that a person in lower authority told someone to tell you to calm the waters? Your answer is not terribly convincing!
Ahhhh that makes perfect sense ... I have no idea what you're talking about .. if any such comment was made.. then it wasn't made to me and nor was a listening in at the time.. so in otherwords.. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.. I would assume that if anything was said out of context, that someone would've spoken to me .. but given that wasn't the case.. what you're saying is all news to me and now I'm curious.. come to think of it, there was a case where I said something and one of the guys said that it was an incorrect statement, so I made a correction.. maybe that was the time where someone official spoke to this guy from our team? I had just assumed that it was a comment coming from him, given that this guy has worked in commercial and community radio for over 40 years and knows more about defammation in radio than anyone on this forum..

Ahhhh that makes perfect sense ... I have no idea what you're talking about .. if any such comment was made.. then it wasn't made to me and nor was a listening in at the time.. so in otherwords.. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.. I would assume that if anything was said out of context, that someone would've spoken to me .. but given that wasn't the case.. what you're saying is all news to me and now I'm curious.. come to think of it, there was a case where I said something and one of the guys said that it was an incorrect statement, so I made a correction.. maybe that was the time where someone official spoke to this guy from our team? I had just assumed that it was a comment coming from him, given that this guy has worked in commercial and community radio for over 40 years and knows more about defammation in radio than anyone on this forum..

I believe he was being pedantic by trying to make it look like you have been told what to say

Well done to Sunbury it was a fantastic day at Lancefield again and a great game of football so congratulations to both sides

Cheating can be a legal issue, it depends if there is an inducement involved or a benefit gained for doing it. No-one has alleged this, but I note another contributor has retracted comments made earlier about blatant cheating by a certain umpire. If you are going to make those claims on a public forum, be prepared for the possibility of libel suit. And yes, feral can be on or off the field and there was a bit of both on Sunday afternoon.

I think it would more likely that the moderators have edited posts rather than anyone retracting statements.

Also blueboy67 your call that Romsey would get spanked every week in the EDFL and return with their tails between their legs is quite HUMEROUS. The top three Rdfl sides would all make finals in EDFL Bgrade

I think it would more likely that the moderators have edited posts rather than anyone retracting statements.

Also blueboy67 your call that Romsey would get spanked every week in the EDFL and return with their tails between their legs is quite HUMEROUS. The top three Rdfl sides would all make finals in EDFL Bgrade

EDFL only have a top 4. 3 out of the 4 is a massive stretch.

Im fairly sure we are only talking about 1 team leaving tho arent we?

Sunbury Roos have been linked with them as well. Div 1 is a very good standard. Sunbury Lions would not have been certainties to win this year if they made the switch. Airport West had 4 ex AFL players.

Sunbury Roos have been linked with them as well. Div 1 is a very good standard. Sunbury Lions would not have been certainties to win this year if they made the switch. Airport West had 4 ex AFL players.

Airport West had an exceptional list this year, five ex AFL players, a couple of guns Contessa brought across with him from Bundoora, plus a man mountain at full forward who kicked in excess of 100 goals and missed quite a few games in doing so. One of the best lists ever assembled in B grade (or division one) as it now is.

Hypothetically if Sunbury Kangas, Romsey or Diggers Rest played in division one, I reckon they would beat the likes of Glenroy, Tulla, Hadfield, Westmeadows etc, and would make top four with West Coburg. Obviously Craigieburn could throw a spanner in the works depending on how things pan out with them player wise (them being strong they would edge out one of the RDFL clubs in my opinion). But the three top RDFL clubs would give a real good account of themselves.

Only hypothetical though !

Airport West had an exceptional list this year, five ex AFL players, a couple of guns Contessa brought across with him from Bundoora, plus a man mountain at full forward who kicked in excess of 100 goals and missed quite a few games in doing so. One of the best lists ever assembled in B grade (or division one) as it now is.

Hypothetically if Sunbury Kangas, Romsey or Diggers Rest played in division one, I reckon they would beat the likes of Glenroy, Tulla, Hadfield, Westmeadows etc, and would make top four with West Coburg. Obviously Craigieburn could throw a spanner in the works depending on how things pan out with them player wise (them being strong they would edge out one of the RDFL clubs in my opinion). But the three top RDFL clubs would give a real good account of themselves.

Only hypothetical though !

Its hard - also it is a differnt type of football - EDFL is played on much smaller grounds. I watched Taylors Lakes V Riddell a couple of years ago and it was only 1 point the differnce and both had good years - but praccy matches are not a good way to judge. My tip would be 2 and 2 - hypothetically!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee big call guys.. Id say they'd be competitive in div1 , I mean 4th-7th , not 1st-4th.. Div2 they'd win it..
ALOT of clubs which switch leagues , within a couple of years are non-existent..

Gee big call guys.. Id say they'd be competitive in div1 , I mean 4th-7th , not 1st-4th.. Div2 they'd win it..
ALOT of clubs which switch leagues , within a couple of years are non-existent..

Which clubs folded after joining another league? All the ex RDFL teams that have left are doing well - except for Jacana - but they are still alive. Some have had great success. You just have to do your due diligence correctly.

They would get smacked every week like Wallan did in the NFL for several years, then come back with their tail between their legs.

Must say I disagree with this comment. Firstly Romsey are the only rdfl club I've heard of thinking of making the switch to the edfl. Romsey would win the division two grand final by 20 goals. I reckon they would be top 4 in division 1. And a fair way off the pace in premier division. Financially it would be too difficult for an rdfl club to compete in premier division but the top 3 rdfl sides would be more than competitive in division 1. Maybe a few years off winning a flag but certainly wouldn't be coming back to the rdfl with their tails between their legs. I don't think using wallan as your example either has much merit. They aren't exactly a top 3 rdfl side

Must say I disagree with this comment. Firstly Romsey are the only rdfl club I've heard of thinking of making the switch to the edfl. Romsey would win the division two grand final by 20 goals. I reckon they would be top 4 in division 1. And a fair way off the pace in premier division. Financially it would be too difficult for an rdfl club to compete in premier division but the top 3 rdfl sides would be more than competitive in division 1. Maybe a few years off winning a flag but certainly wouldn't be coming back to the rdfl with their tails between their legs. I don't think using wallan as your example either has much merit. They aren't exactly a top 3 rdfl side

If Sunbury Kangas or Romsey had a crack at EDFL either of them are capable of a grand final berth in division one, I've got no doubt ! Personaly I'd much rather be in the RDFL, for a multitude of reasons !

While we're on the topic of leagues, will the RDFL remain a Metro league now that it is administered by Ballarat? It's always had me beat why a league with teams from Broadford, Kilmore etc is part of the Metro leagues, whilst the Mornington Peninsular League which has Keysborough, Chelsea and Frankston teams is a VCFL league. One thing I like about the VCFL is that they have league rankings and play off for the No. 1 title each year. If the Metro league did something similar I think the RDFL would actually find out how far down the pecking order they really are.

While we're on the topic of leagues, will the RDFL remain a Metro league now that it is administered by Ballarat? It's always had me beat why a league with teams from Broadford, Kilmore etc is part of the Metro leagues, whilst the Mornington Peninsular League which has Keysborough, Chelsea and Frankston teams is a VCFL league. One thing I like about the VCFL is that they have league rankings and play off for the No. 1 title each year. If the Metro league did something similar I think the RDFL would actually find out how far down the pecking order they really are.

I might sound argumentative here but I don't think anyone has said anything about the rdfl being a powerful competition. The discussion was whether the top couple of rdfl sides could slot into the edfl and be competitive. So far you are the only person that has stated that they wouldn't cut it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but when I was coaching sunbury I rang both darley and Melton for a practice match and neither would play sunbury. They are bfl sides and I would back the top two rdfl sides to beat them also

It has been interesting with the legendary yarns about how our lads would go in the EDFL .. would be keeping fingers and toes crossed no-one heads out of the comp this year and we have more clubs knocking on the door to enjoy the great level of competitiveness in our comp.. Rupertswood still a chance to sign up next year??

It has been interesting with the legendary yarns about how our lads would go in the EDFL .. would be keeping fingers and toes crossed no-one heads out of the comp this year and we have more clubs knocking on the door to enjoy the great level of competitiveness in our comp.. Rupertswood still a chance to sign up next year??
Its all about the umpires in this comp Pal, the players run a long second!

There has been a a bit of talk about Rupertswood joining the RDFL.. what impact would their presence have on the league?? Good experience from the VAFA.. great to see their juniors run with their seniors.. the junior club is exceptional.. could be really good for the league.. any thoughts?

My mail is that Romsey and Rupo will both be heading to Division 1 EDFL next season.

My mail is that Romsey and Rupo will both be heading to Division 1 EDFL next season.

Thats massive - is that due to the events Grand Final day or has it been in the pipe line for a while. Romsay V Sunbury Lions in 2013 would be massive!

What are you doing in 2013?

Thats massive - is that due to the events Grand Final day or has it been in the pipe line for a while. Romsay V Sunbury Lions in 2013 would be massive!

What are you doing in 2013?

Definately mufassa. I watched the lions in their grand final victory last weekend and they were incredible. They will only spend a year in division 1 and be promoted to premier division.

I think the GF was the icing on the cake rather than the sole reason.....

As for me mate, im just weighing up whether to coach a BFL side, stay with the redbacks or take a year off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back