RDFL Netball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was anyone else wondering where the Bristle (Brian Taylor) was at Monday nights Bowen Medal? I was running a little late so maybe I missed something....I am a massive fan and look forward to his MC skills every year and not that I had anything against this years MC, I just missed the Bristle's onstage presence...am I alone in my thinking?? :confused: I think everyone had a blast regardless...I know the Wallan tables certainly enjoyed it!

Also congratulations to all the netballers and footballers who recieved accolades on the night and good luck to your teams this weekend!

Was anyone else wondering where the Bristle (Brian Taylor) was at Monday nights Bowen Medal? I was running a little late so maybe I missed something....I am a massive fan and look forward to his MC skills every year and not that I had anything against this years MC, I just missed the Bristle's onstage presence...am I alone in my thinking?? :confused: I think everyone had a blast regardless...I know the Wallan tables certainly enjoyed it!

Also congratulations to all the netballers and footballers who recieved accolades on the night and good luck to your teams this weekend!

Having changed radio stations Bristle is now on air on 3AW until 8pm on Mondays and was therefore not available ....

MC was Matt Granland from SEN

netball team of the year was: Rebecca Locker, Rebecca McCubbin, Mel Laird, Tran Truong, Lauren Anglin, Jessica Kennedy, Hayley Mackie, Hope Hamilton, Chrstine Harris, Rebecca Lally

Looking forward to the A Grade 2009 Grand Final replay this Saturday with Macedon v Centrals at Lancefield Park. Will be there supporting the Roo boys in the Reserves and Seniors but will no doubt spend plenty of time over by the netball court.

It will be interesting to see whether the games can actually be played with heavy rain expected and the court being quite dangerous when wet. The can be said for the court at Rockbank where the Sunday finals will be held. On that, what happens if any of these games are cancelled due to unsafe playing conditions?

A GRADE
I find it hard to go past Centrals in A's given their form for over the last two seasons, with and without Bec in goals. However, after the scare Macedon gave them in the GF last year and their form this season they can't be counted out either. Should be a fantastic game though the wind and the rain may slow the pace and make shooting that little bit harder. Centrals by 4.

The Romsey v Riddell clash is a coin toss for me, while Romsey have clearly been in top form all year Riddell turned a first meeting 21 goal loss to Romsey into a 6 goal loss in their second meeting. Having watched Riddell topple Lancefield (the only team to beat Centrals in 2 seasons) last week quite convincingly I wouldn't be suprised is there was an upset here but I'm tipping Romsey in a close one.

B GRADE
In the Riddell v Lancefield game you can't go past Riddell particularly with Amanda Cusack being in fine form and having taken out the Sharpshooter in B Grade by a mile. Riddell by 10.

The second game sees Wallan take on Macedon with the two sides only meeting once during the regular season with Wallan getting up by 5. Statiscally this should be close match with both teams scoring an average of 30 goals a game with Wallan having an average of 17 scored against them and Macedon having 20. This is quite literally a coin toss for me but going on the win loss ratio for the year I'm sticking with Wallan by 3.

C GRADE
Riddell v Centrals
Centrals were a form side right until the last few rounds where they won only one out of there last four. The round 18 loss being to Riddell by 13 goals. Prior to that they only dropped one game for the whole season against Sunbury. I expect Riddell to win this one but for it to be much closer this time round. Riddell by 6.

Finally, most would expect Romsey v Macedon to end in a win for Romsey with them meeting twice during the year and Romsey taking the wins by 4 and 13 goals respectively. However, having seen first hand the way Macedon played last week against the Roos, it may just come down to which team can keep their calm and focus. I'm tipping Romsey by 7.

Romsey won 50-33, bronwyn blair best on court. Scored 11-1 at the end of the third into the first few minutes of the last to run away with the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 Netball tryout`s - Wallan Football and Netball Club Inc
www.wallanmagpies.com.au

TRY-OUT DETAILS
When: Monday 15th and Thursday 18th November
Where: Wallan Secondary College Indoor Stadium 100 Duke Street, Wallan.
Time: 6:30pm –8:30 pm
What to bring: Sporting attire, Water bottle. (please refrain from wearing club uniforms)
We will be starting a 15 minute warm-up at 6:30 sharp. Please ensure you have all strapping done prior to starting.
Contact Jessica Hart: Phone 0401 494 521 Email jessica.hart@rbsmorgans.com

Registration details
Please go the netball directory on the club website www.wallanmagpies.com.au for a copy of the form, or if you require a registration form to be e-mailed to you please refer to the contact details above. The form needs to be returned 14th November.

SENIOR COACH REQUIRED !!!
Diggers Rest Football and Netball Club is currently seeking a suitably qualified Netball Coach to coach our A & B Grade sides in the RDFL Competition.
Please contact our club secretary Ms Amy Schwegler amy.schwegler@fairfaxmedia.com.au for more information or to arrange a suitable time and date to meet with us.
Applications close Friday 3rd December 2010

How did Wallan go with try outs this year?
Roo girls did the same thing this year. New faces there? A few old faces returning.....One goaler in Amanda Cusack (Leighton Davies) is she going to help the A grade side out or just going to sit back and play B grade again just with a different club? (leaving Riddell)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back