RDFL Netball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: R.d.f.l. Netball.

Congratulations to the roos A grade beating Diggers today to go into the Grand Final, some may say it shouldn't happen when you finish 6th, but they beat the top side and deserve it. Well done girls. Big Game in 2 weeks time.

• Banned
Great game of netball on Sunday between "Traditional Rivals", Riddell & Macedon. The two protagonists slugged it out in the "Cage" for four enthralling quarters with the Kittens pulling away in the last for a hard fought victory.

Macedon now move on to play Diggers next Saturday in what shapes up as a "Clash of the Titans" match up with the winner gaining the opportunity to play off against Sunbury the following Sunday for the title of Premier RDFL Netball team for 2008.

Get along and have a squizz you wont be disappointed ! :thumbsu:

Maybe the self appointed coach of the year should revisit HER decision if Diggers Rest get beaten this week and finish as also rans ???

Just for your information, the team of the year coach was never self appointed. The league made the decision with no input from the Coach of the Year. It came as quite a surpise to her when it was announced. It might be a good idea to check your facts first next time.

As a new comer to the RDFL Netball this season i find it hard to believe there is a competition in place were you can nominate your own umpire, and these nominated umpires then cast votes that determine the best and fairest. At least with Football, the umpires are not related or conected to the players personally. The system is flawed and needs to be looked at if the RDFL is to retain any crediblity going forward. :p:D

Congrats to all of the girls on some fantastic games of Netball yesterday, the C grade game was a ripper as was the A grade game...

Congrats to the Kangas girls.. 3 out of 3 in the Grand Final.. Outstanding result... :thumbsu:

So the talk on sat from the league and diggers was that the game between Macedon and Diggers Rest was meant to be the grandfinal, well maybe if diggers gave Sunbury the respect they deserve then they maybe the ones in the grandfinal... love how teams are cocky

OMNI - well done starting this Thread :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: (just noticed it!)

Netball was great on Saturday and the Sunbury girls did themselves proud! I reckon we are underdogs in all 3 on Sunday (going for the moral high ground!!). The first two games on Saturday were very pleasing especially winning the C grade by one goal. Not that I followed either of the teams, but the A grade match was really good. No beg your pardons and plenty of tension - the crowd were roaring!!

Any tips on Sundays winners?

just had a look at the local paper it seems millisa climas from macedon is really cocky, look what diggers did gave sunbury no respect and now there sitting on the side lines.. ha ha diggers:rolleyes:

Maybe the coach of the year should go to the winning coach from the East v West game..

You could not do that as that process was also a farce. The RDFL need to look at it's processes in relation to selection of representative teams and the team of the year as it seems it has lost all credability with what occurred this year. You can only hope that the league considers carefully who is running the netball. Check out the RDFL website and you would never know the Riddell Netball Club won the A Grade Grand Final last year, there is Diggers Rest all over it. Where are the photo's of the Riddell Netball Team????? There appears to be a need for new blood on the committee that represents all clubs and not the clicky few:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out the RDFL website and you would never know the Riddell Netball Club won the A Grade Grand Final last year, there is Diggers Rest all over it. Where are the photo's of the Riddell Netball Team????? There appears to be a need for new blood on the committee that represents all clubs and not the clicky few:(

I think you may find that there is nothing about last years football winners either.

Good to see a full page article on the Netball in the local paper.. Nice of the Macedon coach to make sure that everyone knew that the Kangaroos were more scared of Macedon than Macedon of them and that she would be much more concerned if they were playing Diggers in the GF... Let the games begin... :thumbsu:

Just on the coment that Mellisa made in the paper, as every one is aware sunbury probably should never had made the grand final but they went into the game against Diggers with nothing to lose but everything to gain, so speaking to some sunbury girls they agree on the coments that were made going on this years games, however sunbury are over the moon on just being there so im sure they will go in to the game with nothing to lose!

Just on the coment that Mellisa made in the paper, as every one is aware sunbury probably should never had made the grand final but they went into the game against Diggers with nothing to lose but everything to gain, so speaking to some sunbury girls they agree on the coments that were made going on this years games, however sunbury are over the moon on just being there so im sure they will go in to the game with nothing to lose!

The comments were poor, there is no justification to those type of comments, thats fine though, guess that is just Melissa's opinion on the Kangaroos girls.. Scared and not good enough.... Just have to wait to see how it goes on the weekend I guess...

Firstly, I think you will find that the netball committee has nothing to do with what photos are posted on the internet. Secondly, the team of the year representatives are nominated by all clubs. Thirdly, perhaps you should become a delegate if not already, attend the initial meetings and put your hand up to be involved in the process at a league level. The more clubs that get involved the better. And lastly, maybe find out the real facts prior to posting your opinions!

I think maybe both macendon and diggers need to go back and have a look at past results when it comes to Sunbury Roos. They just might find that the Sunbury have always been there, only a 1 or 2 goal avarage when it comes to Diggers and not much more when it comes to Macendon. So can some please tell me why both these teams think they are so good????? I realy think you all need to take another look....

And as for the comments that the grand finel should have been Diggers v Macendon...
You simply were not GOOD ENOUGH Diggers...

any1 have any tips and BOG(best on court that is) for sunday games?

Already stated my tips but will give Bog a crack
Cgrade Kila from sunbury
Bgrade Peta from diggers
Agrade Amanda from sunbury

so who is playing in the grand final it seems to be 3 teams...
as for us being scared that is the funniest thing ive ever heard!
no team has ever givin us the respect we earned but that how it is and diggers now realise they should have. we are going in to the game on paper underdogs by a mile but we will give it a shot just like we did against diggers.. there is no doubt diggers are the best team in the league however they just coulndnt do it on the day, so no need for every1 to have a crack at them. :thumbsu::thumbsu:go roos

if kim hasnt done a good job running the netball then so be it, some1 else put there hand up and doit then, as a player from another club(not diggers) i think its doing well if we r guna start saying stuff about other clubs then maybe start on the team we play in the grand final:confused:Go roos

The comments were poor, there is no justification to those type of comments, thats fine though, guess that is just Melissa's opinion on the Kangaroos girls.. Scared and not good enough.... Just have to wait to see how it goes on the weekend I guess...

Were these comments in the Macedon Gazette (didn't know they published a second edition) :rolleyes:

Interesting reading in the "Sunbury Times" floating around the Cattery last night. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back