RDFL Junior Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Sunbury on winning the Under 16 and Under 14 Division 1 Premiership and the Under 14 Division 2 Premierships.

What a fantastic way to farewell the RDFL Junior Competition look out EDFL next season. ;)

What reason do they give AFL VIC for the move ?

Congratulations to Sunbury on winning the Under 16 and Under 14 Division 1 Premiership and the Under 14 Division 2 Premierships.

What a fantastic way to farewell the RDFL Junior Competition look out EDFL next season. ;)

Great wins by all 3 teams. U14 Division 1 - Premiers & Champions. Farewell to RDFL?? Lets see what the members say first.

Congradulations to the Wandong Warriers for their first ever Grand Final win in the under 14's! From observing I thought the skills on display on sunday were quiet high and the match was far more entertaining and clean skills than the under 16's game on after :eek:

It seems the club is doing quiet well to have 4 teams up and running in 4 years especially with some of the issues i've heard they have had in that time.

U/15 RDFL side made it through to the Vic Metro Junior Championships Granny, great effort from a side bursting with future talent. Some names to watch, Matty Goodyear- strong midfielder, Zane Collier- good skills and endeavour, Xav Dimasi - can go forward or back and good overhead, Jack Landt - gutsy small with the best use of both sides of body I've seen in a junior and Tom Donoghue - another small who's in and under.

A few other boys to look out for in this RDFL age group - Josh Ryan & Daniel Hillier from Melton South. Not so sure about Jack Landt being the best you've seen in a Junior footballer, compared to the others mentioned I don't think he is quite up there yet.

:footy::footy:
Congradulations to the Wandong Warriers for their first ever Grand Final win in the under 14's! From observing I thought the skills on display on sunday were quiet high and the match was far more entertaining and clean skills than the under 16's game on after :eek:

It seems the club is doing quiet well to have 4 teams up and running in 4 years especially with some of the issues i've heard they have had in that time.

dont know what your smoking both them sides romsey/woodend would smash your side very easily:footy::footy::footy::footy:

Josh Ryan yes - Hillier, not there yet. Landt's reading of the play, nous around the ball and foot and hand skills are first rate. Mark my words - he's one to watch

Great wins by all 3 teams. U14 Division 1 - Premiers & Champions. Farewell to RDFL?? Lets see what the members say first.

Don't be so quick to think it's a done deal there are many who are not happy at all!

A few other boys to look out for in this RDFL age group - Josh Ryan & Daniel Hillier from Melton South. Not so sure about Jack Landt being the best you've seen in a Junior footballer, compared to the others mentioned I don't think he is quite up there yet.

Josh Ryan yes - Hillier, not there yet. Landt's reading of the play, nous around the ball and foot and hand skills are first rate. Mark my words - he's one to watch

Hillier almost there and I'm sure Landt is a terrific kid and maybe with lots & lots of hard work he might get there one day too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rolling Meadows (now known as East Sunbury FC) application was also denied. Melton South also denied a move to the BFL, they are looking at submitting another request for the 2013 season.

Whats happened to the RDJFL in the past few years?

I played my junior footy in the riddell league before switching to the BFL for u/18s.

The rdjfl was better run and far more professional than the BFL.
They didnt cramp 8 games into the one day.
10,12,14,16s at one ground...11,13,15s at another
Proper breaks at qtr/half/3 qtr time.
Even u/10s played on a full ground, unlike the half ground in bfl.
Why melton sth want a switch to the bfl?, u/10s playing at 8.30 in fog in freezing ballarat.
Took a more serious and professional approach to interleague.
anyone else will tell you the same.

Good to hear the strength of the RDFL will remain intact with Sunbury Lions Jnrs being denied a move to the EDFL by AFL Vic. Not sure about the outcome Rolling Meadows. Have heard that one of the Melton clubs denied a move to BFL. Not sure on that one?? Can anyone shed some light?

The strength of the RDFL remains intact.

The General Manager John Batty and the Operations Manager Scott Ledgwidge have resigned pretty much on the same day.

Looks like the RDFL is really well placed for a terrific 2012 season.

Is it any wonder clubs like Sunbury sought to leave the RDFL.

watch out for melton south 16s this year!
daniel hillier is one of the best talent going around!
watch out for jai carlin as well he is due for a big one!:)

Whats happened to the RDJFL in the past few years?

I played my junior footy in the riddell league before switching to the BFL for u/18s.

The rdjfl was better run and far more professional than the BFL.
They didnt cramp 8 games into the one day.
10,12,14,16s at one ground...11,13,15s at another
Proper breaks at qtr/half/3 qtr time.
Even u/10s played on a full ground, unlike the half ground in bfl.
Why melton sth want a switch to the bfl?, u/10s playing at 8.30 in fog in freezing ballarat.
Took a more serious and professional approach to interleague.
anyone else will tell you the same.
Looking back and seeing this lol. Two years on and that is what we have.

Looking back and seeing this lol. Two years on and that is what we have.
That's what AFL Vic wanted, grounds become wrecked in the middle of the year with so much footy on one day. Woodend and Gisborne were mud heaps in June/July, Woodend had to shut down their grounds.

Woodend had to shut down their grounds.
The seniors are training on Racecourse reserve this year as Gilbert Gordon is out of action for the year, will be unplayable before winter starts

The seniors are training on Racecourse reserve this year as Gilbert Gordon is out of action for the year, will be unplayable before winter starts
Cool, racecourse had to be shut down last year also. I umpired on it the last week before they shut it down last year, absolute bog heap it was then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back