Unofficial Preview Rd 18: Changes For The Derby - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ffs.

Well we all had that gut feeling that we would screw it up and not beat the Blackholes.
Absolutely pathetic.
As bad as the umpiring was we were worse.

Well onwards to the Derby against South.

Whitfield will be back in as he passed the concussion test and was rested as a caution for the game.

Could Cogs & MDB return?
Anyone out?
Will Leon drop his favorites?

We will probably be world beaters next week. IMG_0145.GIF

Not going to be in Canberra. Could have played these last two games here to give us some of our home games, but no, VFL House. :mad:

Hogan was very underdone, probably shouldn't have played, wasn't really sharp enough. But is probably more ready to play Swans.

Cogs will come in for someone - not sure who it will be. Bruhn might be a chance for one of the medium forwards too - Lloyd, Hill or Daniels possibly all at risk.

Maybe a second ruck?

So completely virus free ACT is made a so-called ‘red zone’ a few days before the NSW derby?

Even here in lockdown, you can just smell the dirty politics from south of the Rio Grande.

Honestly, at this point I really couldn’t care if both NSW teams chose to forfeit and go home.

This isn’t public health, it’s…

IMG_5006.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Riiiight... Victorian health orders are made based off the fortunes of the NSW-based clubs. :tearsofjoy: There's conspiracy theories and then there's conspiracy thoeries.

Riiiight... Victorian health orders are made based off the fortunes of the NSW-based clubs. :tearsofjoy: There's conspiracy theories and then there's conspiracy thoeries.

What’s the ‘medical’ reason for the ACT being a red zone?

There’s never been a jurisdiction with zero cases declared a red zone.

From a football perspective, I don’t see what we gain playing our long-serving veterans with young families locked up in Sydney.

Further, we’ve got players who we may lose if we leave them in the VFL.

I think the club should just send Mummy, Phil, Reid and Lloyd home and get games into our young recruits.

Bring these guys back for a farewell ‘thank you’ game in R22 at home - assuming we ever return to SYD/CBR.

What’s the ‘medical’ reason for the ACT being a red zone?

NFI, I don't really pay attention to Victoria's settings. I just know they love to slam borders shut so it's not like this is a surprise. Unless it's also a conspiracy to stop us playing in Deniliquin.

I doubt it somehow.

I think yesterday might have been it for the year.
I think we'll pull a random big win or two, but if we're not heading back to Sydney I tend to agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a football perspective, I don’t see what we gain playing our long-serving veterans with young families locked up in Sydney.

Further, we’ve got players who we may lose if we leave them in the VFL.

I think the club should just send Mummy, Phil, Reid and Lloyd home and get games into our young recruits.

Bring these guys back for a farewell ‘thank you’ game in R22 at home - assuming we ever return to SYD/CBR.

I think you operate under the misconception that the only way to develop is by playing AFL. Leigh Montanya was talking about it this week and he highlighted that plenty of players develop in the lower tier and that its a perfectly acceptable way to develop. An example is nick blakey struggling to lock down a position... goes to the VFL and plays as a half back, shows promise and talent and then gets promoted back to the senior team. An example for us is a player like Bruhn. If he plays AFL he plays as a forward.... but blind freddy can see he is a midfielder first and foremost. Playing him at VFL allos him to be in an AFL system with the coaching and review of that industry... but in the position he needs to play to develop for his LONG TERM future.

I think you operate under the misconception that the only way to develop is by playing AFL. Leigh Montanya was talking about it this week and he highlighted that plenty of players develop in the lower tier and that its a perfectly acceptable way to develop. An example is nick blakey struggling to lock down a position... goes to the VFL and plays as a half back, shows promise and talent and then gets promoted back to the senior team. An example for us is a player like Bruhn. If he plays AFL he plays as a forward.... but blind freddy can see he is a midfielder first and foremost. Playing him at VFL allos him to be in an AFL system with the coaching and review of that industry... but in the position he needs to play to develop for his LONG TERM future.

I never mentioned development, only contracts.

There is less than zero point in developing young players who then leave us for other clubs.

In 2020 we were in a hub, our team was massively underperforming and missing finals, confidence in the Head Coach was falling, and players who weren’t getting AFL games walked out at season end.

I don’t know about you, but I’m getting a sense of déjà vu.

Let’s please not repeat that in 2021.

I never mentioned development, only contracts.

There is less than zero point in developing young players who then leave us for other clubs.

In 2020 we were in a hub, our team was massively underperforming and missing finals, confidence in the Head Coach was falling, and players who weren’t getting AFL games walked out at season end.

I don’t know about you, but I’m getting a sense of déjà vu.

Let’s please not repeat that in 2021.

Right now we are still a chance to play finals And need to play our best available 22. If/when that changes then I might come around but It’s not milo have a go cricket…. You don’t get given a game cos of your contract status

if kids want to leave that’s normal and part of being in a non afl state. Each year at the draft 6/10 ofthe talent is Victorian… we are always going to have kids go home. Rather than complain kids are leaving… it’s probably best we accept that as the new normal and try keep the ones we need to keep… like ash for example

With north beating west coast, we are only 2 points out of top 8, I wish we had drawn with gold coast. Not his fault at all we lost, but does anybody else think toby should have tried to kick a behind with his kick with about 2 minutes to go?

With north beating west coast, we are only 2 points out of top 8, I wish we had drawn with gold coast. Not his fault at all we lost, but does anybody else think toby should have tried to kick a behind with his kick with about 2 minutes to go?

A bit harsh.

Stormy could have kicked a point - possibly a goal - in the final minutes too.

IMO Toby’s kick was fine, it just needed a KPF or Ruck fist across the line.

A bit harsh.

Stormy could have kicked a point - possibly a goal - in the final minutes too.

IMO Toby’s kick was fine, it just needed a KPF or Ruck fist across the line.

I wasnt being critical, it's more after the fact that with surprise losses for Richmond and west coast 2 points would actually have been almost as good as 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back